View Poll Results: Are you of the view that Doniger's Novel should have been banned?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • 3 42.86%
  • nei

4 57.14%
  • alveg sama

0 0%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Timeline from Wendy Doniger's "The Hindus"

Re: Timeline from Wendy Doniger's "The Hindus"

Quote Originally Posted by chandu_69 View Post
    You think ?.So, you are asking hindus (Who are under attack) to follow some narrative written on ashoka. I think you are trolling this forum.
    Namaste,

My post was regarding Ashoka's alleged treatment of Jainas or Ajivikas.I'm not asking anyone to follow the narrative written on Ashoka.
    "Only one is the fire,which is inflamed in numerous ways.Only one is the sun, which pervades the whole universe.Only one is the dawn,which illuminates all things. Similarly,all that exists is The One and it has manifested into everything here.”

~ Rg Veda 8.58.2

If anyone wants to read the book, you can do so without throwing your money at Doniger:

http://www.kractivist.org/wp-content...dy-Doniger.pdf

Amazing thread and well done to the more lengthy contributors, who write extremely well; I'm kind-of busy over here but will try to find more time to contribute.

I'm British but some years back was applying to US universities and emailed Doniger- her reply was brief and badly written in order to indicate she was far more important than writing with capital letters and full stops to a prospective student. She's just an academic- they research some interesting things and credit where it's due but the heart isn't there and they create sky castles of theorizing without reference or aesthetic spiritual experience or even the reality of actually travelling in India.

Best, Girisha
    Be without the three gunas, O Arjuna

Thread Information