Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: answering those who say Hindu adoptees are adharmic

Re: answering those who say Hindu adoptees are adharmic

Om
    Namaste

By definition no one is outside hinduism at highest level. So no one can be converted to hinduism. That is why there is no specific rule.

However at lower level, where the culture and rituals are the drivers there is definitely distinctions between what is Hindutva and what is outside it.

Unfortunately, people mix the higher level notion with lower level existence.

If it is at higher level thinking then one does not need conversion.

If it is at lower level thinking, then anyone can adopt hindutva way of life - who can prevent ? It can be done through a ritual or without it.

Like say an Indian who is already in the hindutva culture but from another religion will require only a ritual to align.

A westerner might require to adopt to hindutva for hindu way of thinking. May later on formalise it through ritual.

Definition of Dharma and Adharma has to be first understood to divide people.
    Last edited by kallol; 09 October 2014 at 06:42 AM.
    Love and best wishes:hug:

Namaste

I think that when you breath your last it will matter far more what you devoted your life to than what term people used to categorize you. I have not heard of Sri Vishnu rejecting the devotion of any sincere person. He can judge who his bhaktas are.

Hari Aum
    With our ears may we hear what is good.
    With our eyes may we behold thy righteousness.
    Tranquil in body, may we who worship thee find rest.

AUM Peace Peace Peace

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

Quote Originally Posted by R Gitananda View Post
    Namaste

I think that when you breath your last it will matter far more what you devoted your life to ...
    Who or what is breathing its last breath ? That of the body that comes and goes ?

iti śivaṁ
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Namaste

"you" is meant generically and can refer to any person. "When you breathe your last" is (in American English) a common idiomatic expression which refers to 'the moment of death' referenced in Bhagavad Gita 7:30. Of course it would only be the last breath in that particular body. I should be more careful about my use of idiomatic expressions.

Hari Aum

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~
    namast�

Who or what is breathing its last breath ? That of the body that comes and goes ?

iti śivaṁ
    Last edited by R Gitananda; 25 September 2014 at 12:21 PM.

AUM Peace Peace Peace

In our "religion" (there is no official term used for religion since it is the first path). Thus, there is no Hindu that term was given to us by outsiders who wanted classify people who lived in Bharat based on the river Sindhu which was later misspelled to become "Hindu". It was understood that the whole world was "Hindu" at one point and followers of Sanatana Dharma (the true name of our "religion"). I am assuming the division arose when the people of Bharat created a division between themselves and the mleechas who were considered to have different beliefs, mannerisms and were not as "civilized" (the west). I believe there is a references to this in the Bhavishya Purana (ex. Story of Jesus and a Hindu King telling him go the mcleechas and be their Messiah to teach them righteousness).

It is man that created the division not God. We classify ourselves so we can relate to each and tell others who we are associated with. In truth, we are all followers of dharma as long as we are following this path we are doing good. Next time someone says you can't convert to Hinduism this term is not true. Whatever form of God we feel a connection with is right and you don't need the acceptance of others to feel it; no one can take it away from you.

My theory on the whole you can't convert may be be loosely based on changing castes which can not be done in the Kali Yugabut was allowed in other Yugas. This may have morphed into the "You can't convert" when other religions sparked up in the Kali Yuga (western religions). Thus, creating a sense unity, uniqueness and pride in ones religion when faced with threats from the outside.
    Last edited by divnelight; 03 October 2014 at 01:49 PM.

namaste devotee ji,

I myself would appreciate having that quote for future reference. Thanks.

Hari Aum

Quote Originally Posted by devotee View Post
    Namaste Ganeshprasad ji,

I won't be able to comment on Mlechcha ( I don't know what that means) but let me tell you that as per Manusmriti, many foreigners were certainly accommodated within Hindu Dharma e.g. Huns, Kushanas, Combojas, Yavanas. They adopted Hindu way of life and they were accomodated within Hundu Dharma without any conversion ceremony taking place. If you are interested, I can quote from Manusmriti to prove the point. ...

AUM Peace Peace Peace

Quote Originally Posted by kumar_s View Post
    I must say that it is the same case with me. I have seen this argument (need to be born Hindu) multiple times on forums & message boards. However, I do not know of single born Hindu who holds this opinion ! Actually, when I first read it on message boards I was quite taken aback, because in India you see so many westerners adopt Hinduism.

Pranam.
    Namaste,

The only place I have seen this mentioned was on a documentary about India (British Made ). In terms of actual living "Hindus" stating this when someone "converts" I have never seen it happen. Rather I have seen a smile and a sense of pride. I feel the more people who follow the path of Sanatana Dharma the better this world will become since it such a peaceful, accepting path where the route to salvation is not rigid but rather free flowing like a river.

Namaste Gitananda,

The following texts from Manusmriti i.e. 10.43 and 10.44 prove that these invading tribes were accepted in Hindu VarnAshrama as Kshatriyas at some point of time.

10.43. But in consequence of the omission of the sacred rites, and of their not consulting Brahmanas, the following tribes of Kshatriyas have gradually sunk in this world to the condition of Sudras;
    10.44. (Viz.) the Paundrakas, the Kodas, the Dravidas, the Kambojas, the Yavanas, the Sakas, the Paradas, the Pahlavas, the Kinas, the Kiratas, and the Daradas.
    If we go by ancient history of castes in India, then we find that Kushanas (Vima Kadphises was a Shaivite) and Huns [(Kurbanov, Aydogdy (2010). "The Hephthalites: Archaeological and Historical Analysis". p. 243. Retrieved 11 January 2013. "As a result of the merging of the Hephthalites and the Gujars with population from northwestern India, the Rajputs (from Sanskrit “rajputra” – “son of the rajah”) formed)] also which are not mentioned in the above texts were accepted as Kshatriyas in Hindu society due to their being rulers at some point of time.

OM
    Last edited by devotee; 07 October 2014 at 05:08 AM.
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Namaste,

I just wanted to say thank you very much to everyone who has kindly contributed to this thread. I've read each comment. I have no doubt that the knowledge you all have shared is helping and encouraging others with an interest in Sanātana Dharma, just as it has helped and encouraged me. May it lead to more people living as good Hindus in this world.

praṇām

durjana sajjana bhūyāt sajjano śāntim āpnuyāt |
    śānto mucyeta bandhebhya muktāścānya vimocayet ||

May the wicked become righteous and may the righteous attain peace.
    May the peaceful attain Liberation and may they help others to be Liberated.
    śrīmate nārāyaṇāya namaḥ

Namaste Devotee,

Thank you.

Hari Aum

AUM Peace Peace Peace

Thread Information