Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seeing snakes in dreams!

Light Re: Seeing snakes in dreams!

Quote Originally Posted by suresh View Post

Spiritually, what you say may be true. But astrologically, I doubt it.

In astrology, snakes are hardly considered auspicious.
    Namaste Suresh,

The jyotiSa perspective in dvaitam considers the myriad of relations between the variegated macrocosm of dyaus and the diverse microcosm of pRthivI.

The jyotiSa perspective in dvaitAdvaitam also knows the fixed axis uniting the macrocosm and microcosm as dyAvApRthivI. The twin is united by the axis mundi that runs directly between the navel of earth and the navel of heaven. And the whole science of jyotiSa depends on this foundation.

And the jyotiSa perspective in advaitam considers the absolutely still point that is the focus of the apparently fixed (but in fact endlessly rotating) celestial pole’s own wandering, which is the unborn, eternal, immaculate mark of dyaus alone.

Today the celestial pole is well marked by the star “polaris”, but that was not always the case, and in the future the situation will change again. But there is one dark point in space which remains ALWAYS true ~ suggested only by continuous observation over many generations, and only confirmed after about 26 thousand years!

And the nAga known as “draco” lights the way to this dark treasure of advaitam, which is the aliÑgaliÑga of shiva ~ a.k.a. kRSNa (“the dark one”) or ariSTanemi (“the felly of whose wheel is unhurt”).

Those who know indra have no reason to fear vRtra!

Re: Seeing snakes in dreams!

Namaste

All signs that have water as principal element should be related to snakes. Were there is water there are snakes!

Namaste Yajvan,

Thanks for a very interesting and detailed analysis. The following particularly caught my eye. It is scary too!

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    If there where things that bind you (bandha) there are 3 types – Vira, Naga and Ahi bandha. I mention this as naga bandha is associated with rahu. And what of that? With this bandha a person is cheated or falsely accused.
    I am on the verge of being cheated by someone in a distant country. But it isn't not a woman, though. So your prediction is spot on. I'll wait for a few days, and see how this 'ordeal' goes, whether there's any light at the end of the tunnel.

Again, an excellent analysis, though painful from my PoV.

Suresh

Post Re: Seeing snakes in dreams!

ओं रं रामाय नमः
    oṁ raṁ rāmāya namaḥ
    oM raM rAmAya namaH

namaskar,

Quote Originally Posted by sarabhanga View Post
    ओं रं रामाय नमः
    oṁ raṁ rāmāya namaḥ
    oM raM rAmAya namaH
    Is this mantra for Rahu?
    satay

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    namaskar,

Is this mantra for Rahu?
    I don't know if it's specifically for rahu alone, because many people suggest this mantra for other reasons also. And there are differing views as to which deity the mantra signifies. Many people believe it's Sri Rama, as Yajvan Ji had earlier indicated. But some people also feel it's Sri Parasurama, due to the beejaskhara (Rm) being agni. Parashurama is supposed to be the abhimani devata for agni, hence the aforementioned conclusion.

Namaste Satay,

As Suresh has suggested, the mantra is not only for rAhu. But raM is the bIja of rAhu, with rAmAya namaH satisfying rAhu and simultaneously invoking rAma. And such a mantra should be especially effective during an eclipse of the sun.

I read somewhere that the mantra for Rahu is:
    Om Ram Rahave namah.

Not sure if that is correct though.
    satay

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post

I read somewhere that the mantra for Rahu is: Om Ram Rahave namah.
    Yes, this mantra is specific for rAhu.

ओं रं राहवे नमः

oṁ raṁ rāhave namaḥ

oM raM rAhave namaH

See also: rAhu 108

Question Re: Seeing snakes in dreams!

Namaste Sarabhanga,

" Rahu 108 "; should this mantras be recited as the pankchara mantra, that is, with the pranava explicit and the mantra implicit?
    And is Rahu 108 to be done only on solar eclipses or it can be done for example at Sunday sunset or at some other time?
    Last edited by Nuno Matos; 18 February 2008 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Sunday sunset seems more obvious that Sd daw

Thread Information