Thread: Ganesha ?

Ganesha ?

Dear all

I amazed with Lord Ganesh

Before i read any scripture of lord ganesh lila, when i see him, i feel amazed and wonder....
    Indonesia moslem is majority... but all of them know ganesh
    Even we have school with ganesh as symbol
    We not talk about moslem here... but about ganesh
    I see everywhere.... most of religion and sect... formaly or non formal... little or much.... they love lord ganesh
    When dome sect is very sensitive to accept other deities worship... but for them is more easy to accept ganesh...

I amazed... and dont know why ganesh is so welcomed for every peoples ??

Then i rread the lila of ganesh... in scripture there is also all devata is love ganesh... i mean they ver easy to accept ganesh as friend .....

This fact amazed me...

And he appear in form Elephant headed Gajavaktra
    This is not ordinary form... but everyone is not difficult to accept Him

I not disscuss about we all must accept ganesh as the istadevata or higest lord.... but about why he is so welcoming ????

His form is not ordinary... but when peoples see his murthi everywhere... peoples feel comfort...
    It is different if we give them murthi of Narasimha... Hanuman... Kali etc.... they will difficult to accept...

It is not mean Ganesh is biggest than any deities...
    But about acceptable

See...
    In many religion and culture we can found ganesh everywhere... why.... why we all is very easy to feel close with ganesh... even for non Hindu

This is show the power of Bharat culture
    India have ganesh who very easy to make peoples like and love him... if dont have love, at lease they not hate ganesh...

Think it... why...

OM. VAJRA. VISHNUYA. SVAHA
    OM. VAJRA. GARUDA. CALE CALE. HUM PHAT

OM. AMOGHA VAIROCANA. MAHA-MUDRA. MANI PADMA JVALA PRAVARTTAYA. HUM

Om Saha Nau-Avatu |
    Saha Nau Bhunaktu |
    Saha Viiryam Karava-Avahai |
    Tejasvi Nau-Adhii-Tam-Astu Maa Vidviss-Aavahai |
    Om Shaantih Shaantih Shaantih ||

Re: Ganesha ?

hello and namaste,

There may be many reason that people loves Ganesha very much. If you have read his stories you can tell about how he get that elephant head.

In the story he was like a normal person but when his father Lord Shiva went to meet his mother Goddess Parvati, Ganesha was guarding the door as her mother instructed to not let anyone inside. So he fight with anyone who tries to enter. Even When his father came he did not let him pass and fight with him. Lord Shiva gets angry because of his son's not letting him pass even when request by everyone. So in angry condition Lord Shiva cut his son's head with trishul. Hearing the painful sound of his son mother came running and crying to see his son dead. She than requested to Lord Shiva to revive him but it was not possible as his head was cut and vanished by trishul.

Lord Brahma suggested him to bring another child's head and fix it with his body to revive him. So Lord Shiva ordered his gan pret (the ghost guys who always stay around him) to bring a head of child who is sleeping facing opposite side of her mother. As per condition they only find an child elephant head and bring it to fix with his body. But after revival of Ganesha his mother ask how he is going to be accepted by everyone in world with the face of an elephant, than all the other Deities bless him with different powers and blessings of goods nature, vast knowledge, solve any problems and many more. He was also bless to be the first one to get worshiped before doing any puja on any occasion by doing so all the hurdles of the life is removed.

In today's time people worship him to get blessings of wealth, knowledge and solving their problems.
    Last edited by yajvan; 30 September 2014 at 09:58 AM.

Vannakkam: I think it's Ganesha's divine purpose to be easily recognisable, and easily contacted. He works more 'in the world' than any other God.

Shian, glad to hear that about Indonesian Muslims.

Ekadantaya Vidmahe Vakratundaya Dhimahe Tanodante Pracodayat

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste,
    Quote Originally Posted by shian View Post
    It is different if we give them murthi of Narasimha... Hanuman... Kali etc.... they will difficult to accept...
    It may be 100 years from now, or 1000 years, or even 10000 years from now-- but there will come a time when Narasimha, Hanuman and Kali will return home to Indonesia.

Bhārata is too weak today, however, most importantly, it has survived. Dharma has survived. We can take solace in that.

Jai Hanuman.
    Things to remember:

1. Life = yajña
    2. Depth of Āstika knowledge is directly proportional
    to the richness of Sanskrit it is written in
    3. Āstika = Bhārata ("east") / Ārya ("west")
    4. Varṇa = tripartite division of Vedic polity
    5. r = c. x²
    where,
    r = realisation
    constant c = intelligence
    variable x = bhakti

Namaste
    The mechanics of obstacles work in this way: clouded minds give rise to clouded lives. If the thought process is dull stupid and ignorant it will create an obstacle ridden environment, primarily manifesting as low IQ, slave mentality, fanaticism, failure to manifest etc. After all internal thoughts create this external reality.
    Ganesha is the overlord of the Ga akshara, the seed sound of wisdom, through which we can tackle any problem and get over it. Freedom from problems = Aversion of karma. Only God can avert karma and hence the first mantra of his atharvasheersha is “twameva pratyaksham tattvamasi” Tattvam refers to the nascent primordial elements put together. And pratyaksham means manifested and present right there! Ganesha is the manifested Parabrahma Himself. Gana means collective consciousness of all the souls as a group, the ashtavakras or the 8 directions, the 25 tattvas etc. He is the lord of all of them and hence he is Ganesha.
    Ganesha is also called Gajapati. This world is called Jagam. Ja meaning motion Ga means manifest. So this world is nothing but motion towards matter. And Gaja is opposite of Jaga, motion away from matter. And Gajapati alludes to Him to whom matter doesn’t matter! No wonder in the rig Vedic sukta He is referred to as Brahmanaspati or the lord of men with brahma gnana or the knowledge of the self.
    But Ganesha is not just vighnanashaka He is also Vighnakarta and Vighnaraja which means He is not just the destroyer but also the creator of obstacles. Imagine a bowler throwing a ball over to a batsman. From the batsman point of view it is the ball thrown first(past) which affects the way he hits it back later(future). But the bowler first imagines how the batman goes on to hit the ball in a certain direction(future) and then he throws the ball in such a way(present) to supplement that. So for the batsman the past influences the present but for the bowler the future influences the present. God is like the bowler. For the great purpose of manifesting self realization in a soul in the future he either imposes or removes obstacles in its present. Without the creation of obstacles, we wouldn’t require Lords mercy and without destruction of obstacles we wouldn’t experience Lords mercy.
    The same Ganesha removed obstacles in the path of surya, shiva,shakti and Vishnu so they can carry on their kriyas effortlessly became an impediment in the path of Ravana and stopped him from acquiring the atma linga of Shiva which otherwise would make him invincible in the hands of Rama.
    My personal view is that Ganapatya has profound philosophical tenets which are much higher and more enlightening than those of other sects that I encountered so far. It is free of slave mentality and caste system which is why it might have been pushed back by other sects in the past century. Hopefully it will be revived and this golden age is the best time for that.

Thread Information