Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mahapashupatastra blog

Re: Mahapashupatastra blog

Quote Originally Posted by Sudas Paijavana View Post
    Pranam-s,

"What shall we sing to Shri Rudra? He, who is most strong, most bounteous, excellently wise, that shall be dearest to his heart?" (R.V.1.43.1)

^That is Shruti. Shrutim eva jayate! Rudram eva jayate!

ps - I am not a Vaishnava nor a Shaiva.
    I suggest you also check out the interpretation for that mantra here. It is mantra 107 of the mahAnArAyaNa upanishad, which is the same as this rg vedic mantra :

http://narayanastra.blogspot.in/p/blog-page.html

For vedAntins (ie, vaishnavas), that mantra refers to srI rAmA, who is known as the destroyer of the disease of samsara, who is an ascetic as he is always meditating on ways to save the jivAs and possesses the quality of "tapas" to lead the jivAs out of samsArA, who is intelligent as he understands the sufferings of the jivAs very well and bestows purushArthams to all.
    [CENTER][COLOR="Black"][COLOR="Red"][COLOR="DarkRed"]No holiness rules over my freedom
    No commands from above I obey
    I seek the ruin, I shake the worlds
    Behold! I am blackest ov the black

Ov khaos I am, the disobediant one
    Depraved son who hath dwelt in nothingness
    Upon the ninth I fell, from grace up above
    To taste this life ov sin, to give birth to the "I"[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[B]~ "Blackest Ov the Black" - Behemoth.[/B]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P-JdwtK1DY[/url] [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Sahasranama View Post
    . Vaishnavas are also wrong trying to hijack the Srirudram.
    The Rudram, Rg Vedic Rudra Suktam, etc have never been "hijacked" by us. All traditional commentators have used it as a name of nArAyaNa only and I just highlighted that here. The narasimha tApanIya upanishad clearly identifies the deity of the Rudram, Rudra Suktam, etc as Narasimha.

Just because people like you didn't know we used the Rudram before (which is always chanted at all vishNu temples as well) doesn't mean we "hijacked" it.

namastE astu bhagavan vishveshvarAya mahAdevAya tryaMbakAya
    tripurAntakAya trikAgnikAlAya kAlAgnirudrAya nIlakaNThAya
    mRtyuJNjayAya sarveshvarAya sadAshivAya shrIman mAhAdevAya ||

I salute bhagavan (narasimha), who is full of perfections and without blemishes (vishveshvara), who is greater than Brahma, Rudra, etc (mahAdeva), who is 3 eyed (Tryambaka), who destroys the triguNas sattva, rajas, tamas (tripurAntaka), who is the upAyam (trikAgni kAla), the destroyer of samsAra dukham who is like kAlAgni to samsAra tApam (kAlAgni rudrA), who is distinctly black necked (nIlakaNTha), who is the victor over samsArA known as mrtyu for his devotees (mrtyunjaya), who is the lord of all (sarvEshvara), who is nirdosha and eternally auspicious (sadAshiva), who attains his devatvam due to his association with srI lakshmi devi, ie, he is mahAdeva because he is sriya pati: (sriman mahAdevA).
    [CENTER][COLOR="Black"][COLOR="Red"][COLOR="DarkRed"]No holiness rules over my freedom
    No commands from above I obey
    I seek the ruin, I shake the worlds
    Behold! I am blackest ov the black

Ov khaos I am, the disobediant one
    Depraved son who hath dwelt in nothingness
    Upon the ninth I fell, from grace up above
    To taste this life ov sin, to give birth to the "I"[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[B]~ "Blackest Ov the Black" - Behemoth.[/B]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P-JdwtK1DY[/url] [/CENTER]

Namaste Viraja,

I find the blog given in the OP insulting to Vaishnava faith. (He is calling 'Bhagawatam' as BOGUS and he says things like Sita is above Sri Lakshmi because she is Tripura Sundari, that Sri Vishnu is actually Shiva's wife, etc, based on his own interpertation of Stotras is quite insulting for a Vaishnava to read on... )
    I am not commenting on the honesty blogger or on the OP or even on Sri Velukkudi Krishnan swami. However I will be glad if you can provide the link to that particular lecture.

I saw your post in a different light and thought of sharing my ideals with you. Since you have quoted Sri Velukkudi Krishnan swami, my assumption is your faith is Sri Vaishnavism. I am not educated enough to advise you, also my intentions were not to advise you. I am sharing my experience and understanding hoping that it might be some help to you.

The goal of a Sri Vaishnavist is to reach the lotus feet of Sreeman Naaraayana, and for human like us who can not follow the Bhakti maarga (like followed by Bhakta Prahallad) Prapatti maarga is advised.

According to me the most challenging pre requisite for Prapatti maarga is the unflinching faith / loyalty (Mahaa Vishvaasa) on Sreeman Naaraayan. Quite recently due to sudden turn of events in my personal life got introduced to Sri Velukkudi Krishnan swami, and through his lectures understood if my faith on Shreeman Naaraayan is unbreakable then nothing can harm me.

Likewise no matter who writes what, if your faith on Shreeman Naaraayan is as strong as mountain nothing can insult you as well.

Again I reiterate that, I am just sharing my personal lessons which life has taught me to a fellow Naaraayana lover.
    Anirudh...

Namaste Sudas,

“O’ Gods, not one of you is small, none of you is a feeble child: All of you are verily great!” (R.V.8.30.1)
    My understanding on the pantheon of gods in SD is similar to hierarchical functional managers we see in our work places. The ultimate being the owner of the organization. All elements of the Organization report to the owner either directly or indirectly.

Your quote negates my understanding.

I would like to know whether my understanding is wrong? If it is not then, how can all gods be equal? If my understanding is incorrect kindly explain the reasons behind the existence of different gods.

Kindly share your wisdom.
    Anirudh...

Quote Originally Posted by Anirudh View Post
    Namaste Sudas,

My understanding on the pantheon of gods in SD is similar to hierarchical functional managers we see in our work places. The ultimate being the owner of the organization. All elements of the Organization report to the owner either directly or indirectly.

Your quote negates my understanding.

I would like to know whether my understanding is wrong? If it is not then, how can all gods be equal? If my understanding is incorrect kindly explain the reasons behind the existence of different gods.

Kindly share your wisdom.
    Pranam-s,

Not my quote, dear Anirudh. It is a revelation of the Rig Veda.

The most noble and most high Rig Veda cannot be applied a sectarian dissection. To do so would be dishonorable, and here is why:

The Shri Rig Veda, like the rest of the Shri Shrutic Vedas, has its own theology, it is after all: a Shruti of paramount importance.

Each Su-ukta praises a certain Shri Deva as Supreme in His or Her own right. And, there are many Su-ukta-s that praise many Shri Devas as Supreme all together.

Thus, in a certain hymn, a certain Shri Deva will be lauded as Supreme. In other words: One God at One Time. And, if Many are collectively lauded (as the Rig Vedic quote that you quoted shows), then Those Gods at One Time. For example, Shri Deva Vishwakarma is lauded as Supreme in a certain hymn, while Shri Deva Agni will be lauded as Supreme in another. Them being Supreme in Their own right does not mean the Shrutic revelation is unsound. In fact, it's of utmost sound, because it is a revelation of Shruti! It can't get any Vedic than that, now can it?

Theologically, this is known as Kathenotheism. However, the staunch Vaishnava will see every Shri Deva/Devi as having origins in Shri Vishnu, while the staunch Shaiva will see every Shri Deva/Devi as having origins in Shri Rudra. Sectarian-wise, this is understandable. But, Mother Shruti, Herself, does not ask this nor does She command such dissection.

These theological differences is the pure reason why we have Sampradaya-s, Vedic Shākhās, etc. Because, no one group seems to agree on something particular. However, Vedic Shākhās are the number one authorities on how the Four Shruti Noble Vedas are to be understood. Unfortunately, not many survive anymore, due to forced conversions by outsiders. In fact, only a sparsely few of them remain.

A noble argument by various Sampradayic members is that the Upanishadic BrahmAn is what is speaking through those Su-ukta-s. And, when other Shri Gods are lauded as Supreme, it is, according to them, either a Vaishnavite BrahmAn or a Shaivite BrahmAn in orientation that is "speaking". However, if such a BrahmAn states that Friends "should not praise any other God, but only Shri Indra" (R.V.8.1), that nullifies both a Vaishnavite and Shaivite orientational argument, does it not?

Furthermore, sectarianism is not supported in Shruti, as per the most high and most noble Rig Veda. Because, the Shri Rig Veda, in its last hymn, in its last Mandala, is keen on concluding with a very important revelation: "let us be of one accord". Well, how can we be of "one accord" if there are such sectarian dissections that harshly create a hierarchy of the Shri Vedic Devas and contestation amongst Hindu brothers and sisters?

I am not commenting on the honesty blogger or on the OP or even on Sri Velukkudi Krishnan swami. However I will be glad if you can provide the link to that particular lecture.
    Namaste Anirudh,

This place holds the list of all Season 1 Ramanin Padhayil episodes. Swami mentions what I said in one of the videos before the show was stopped and resumed again after sometime. The last show before this pause had been the one on 09/22/13. My best guess is that this is the one that holds the comment. (It is also likely it was the show before 09/22, ie, the one on 09/15).

And thank you immensely for your wisdom. I agree completely.

Best regards.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Namaste Sudas Paijavana,

Thanks for answering my queries ....

Not my quote, dear Anirudh.
    Well I didn't mean that way ...

I think have understood your reply.

How ever want to confirm with you whether I understood your post or not? I have given my understanding in bold...

In nutshell you are saying ...

Vedic literature treats every Deva and Devi as equal and they are great in their own function(s). ie Agni Deva is as good/great/noble as Vaayu Deva. That also means Vedic literature does not treat our Gods as hierarchical.

You also have said that sectarian dissection is dishonorable to Vedic literature.

Your reply has raised few more questions (to ask you), but that depends on whether I have understood your reply or not?
    Anirudh...

Namaste Viraja,

Recently I listened to these upanyaasams made by Sri Velukkudi Krishnan Swami ji. I listened in these orders because he says to get Sreeman Naaraayan's blessing we need Shree Lakshmi's anugraha...

1. Lakshmi Kadaaksham
    2. Sri Baashyam
    3. VisistAdvaitham

You can choose your own order depending on your convenience. Lakshmi Kadaaksham series is eight in numbers almost eight and half hours in total ... The rest are each 1+ hour

I am just sharing what I have received from this forum...

This place holds the list of all Season 1 Ramanin Padhayil episodes ...
    Thank you very much for the link and the clue to search.
    Anirudh...

Namaste
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudas Paijavana View Post
    However, Vedic Shākhās are the number one authorities on how the Four Shruti Noble Vedas are to be understood. Unfortunately, not many survive anymore, due to forced conversions by outsiders. In fact, only a sparsely few of them remain.

A noble argument by various Sampradayic members is that the Upanishadic BrahmAn is what is speaking through those Su-ukta-s. And, when other Shri Gods are lauded as Supreme, it is, according to them, either a Vaishnavite BrahmAn or a Shaivite BrahmAn in orientation that is "speaking". However, if such a BrahmAn states that Friends "should not praise any other God, but only Shri Indra" (R.V.8.1), that nullifies both a Vaishnavite and Shaivite orientational argument, does it not?
    Not necessarily. Even you yourself have mentioned various vedic shakhas. There is one article on wikipedia which gives us a brief description of shakhas: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shakha

"A shakha (Sanskrit śākhā, "branch" or "limb"), is a Hindu theological school that specializes in learning certain Vedic texts, or else the traditional texts followed by such a school.
    Each school would learn a specific Vedic Saṃhita (one of the "four Vedas" properly so-called), as well as its associated Brahmana, Aranyakas, Shrautasutras, Grhyasutras and Upanishads."

I emphasized with bold which tells us that each shakha specializes in learning certain Vedic text with its associated Brahmana, Aranyakas, Shrautasutras, Grhyasutras and Upanishads!
    For example, some tradition was devoted to the study of one particular branch (Sanskrit śākhā, "branch" or "limb") of Rig Veda, but they have not studied Samhita text of Rig Veda only but also texts that are associated with Rig Veda, namely Brahmanas, Aranyakas, Shrautasutras, Grhyasutras and Upanishads belonging to Rig Veda.
    Each Veda has its corresponding texts Samhitas, Brahmanas, Aranyakas, and Upanishads, but also Shrautasutras and Grhyasutras. So to properly understand the purport of Rig Veda, a person needs to go through them all and not through Samhita text only! This means that it is practically impossible to properly understand the meaning of some of the Vedas until one has studied all associated texts. Now, I do not believe that some shakha thought that there was some discrepancy or contradiction in the purport between Samhita and let's say an Upanishad. All the texts has a unique purport. Since this is so, it is not appropriate to interpret some statement of Rig Veda Samhita contrary to what is said in the Upanishads because it simply does not make sense.
    If you're trying to figure out the meaning of the statement "should not praise any other God, but only Shri Indra" without taking into account what is said in Brahmanas, Aranyakas, and Upanishads, then you can end up in some very strange conclusions.
    Very strange indeed. In fact the real questions are: What is the true purport of Vedas? Who can help us to find it out? Which scriptures can help us to learn that?

regards

Pranam-s, Jijnasa:

Thank you for your valuable post.
    I do not have any contestations with innocent and well-devoted sectarian applications or appropriation of Vedic hymns. I am only concerned/worried when they get radical.
    Last edited by Sudas Paijavana; 21 November 2013 at 02:01 PM.

Thread Information