Thread: Namaste, introductions, a question.

1. Namaste, introductions, a question.

Hello, my name is Nathaniel, and I have just recently been inspired by a staggering chain of events to investigate and explore God in new ways. I have a had s copy of the Bhagavad Gita As It Is for awhile, but now i am studying it earnestly. I find it to be the most logical and honest approach to self-realization thus far. Commentary by A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada is immensely helpful, however, he repeatedly states that in order to hope to seek Krsna Consciousness or to understand the Gita fully, I need to study under a spiritual master. I wonder if there are some means to provide for seekinf and communicating to spiritual teachers via the internet. I do desire to learn from domeone who is learned in the Gita, but the local population is decidedly mostly non-Hindu, Protestant Christian in fact.

Re: Namaste, introductions, a question.

Pranams.

A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada is the founder of ISCKON, which is a branch of Hinduism, in its Gaudya Vaishnava Sampradaya aspect.

You can find many people in the internet with knowledge of the Bhagavad Gita, some of them are in tune with Prabhupada's teachings but others don't agree with his translation and commentary of the text.

ISCKON adheres to the traditional system of parampara, or disciple sucession, in which teachings upheld by scriptures are handed down from master to disciple, generation after generation.

I don't know any ISCKON certified teacher who teaches through the internet, but many of them have books published, and some of them you can get on the internet.

If you want to have more knowledge about ISCKON teachings you can read such books. But ISCKON is a worldwide organization and maybe there is some location near you where you can find them in person.

In this forum we also have a section dedicated to discussions about Hinduism with focus on the Vaishnava School (go to God In Hindu Dharma and then "Hare Krishna (ISCKON)").

Namaste.
    Last edited by Ekam; 30 May 2014 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathaniel_Love View Post
    Hello, my name is Nathaniel, and I have just recently been inspired by a staggering chain of events to investigate and explore God in new ways.
    Vannakkam: Welcome to HDF. I hope your search is fruitful.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste, and Welcome!

I can very much relate to the 'staggering chain of events' which brought us here. Things seem to line up in ways that I could never explain as anything other than divine.

I don't really have an answer to question, as I am in a similar position. I have been told that when I am ready, my teacher and I will cross paths. I imagine it will be through another staggering chain of events, and it will happen right when it is time. Until then, I am just learning as much as I possibly can so that I will be ready when the time comes.

Aum Namah Shivaya!
    Om Namah Shivaya

Namaste Ji,

Welcome to HDF.
    He dances in the golden hall of Chidambaram, Let us worship His rosy anklet girt Feet.

Hello, welcome to HDF....
    Enjoy your stay...!!
    Regards
    Aasato ma sat gamay
    tamaso ma jotirgamay
    mrityorma amrutamgamay
    (Bring me from asat to sat, bring me from darkness (ignorance) to light (knowledge), bring me from death to immortality)
    Om Namah Shivay
    Om Vishnave Namah

namste

Thread Information