Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Danger of christian missionaries in India!

Arrow The Danger of christian missionaries in India!

Namaste,

The subversion of Indian (Hindu) culture and identity by chrislamists, especially christian missionaries in India, is well known.

Here is a glaring example of how these scum use subterfuge to deceive the gullible Hindus and bribe/coerce them to convert to christianity and lose their Hindu identity:

http://hamsa.org/ashram.htm

It is absolutely disgusting and scary what tactics these lowlifes stoop to in order to convert Hindus.

It must be stopped and dealt with. The least we Hindus can do is to raise awareness in the collective consciousness by exposing these dirtbag missionaries.

Satyameva Jayate!

JAI HIND!

Namaskar.

Re: The Danger of christian missionaries in India!

TTA:

You're absolutely correct. Deception deception deception. The worsrt story I remember was a bunch of kids on a bus on some field trip, when the bus 'broke down'. The good teachers had the kids pray to all the Hindu gods, and the bus wouldn't start. Then the good driver had them all pray to Jesus while his assistant in deception re hooked the wires. Of course the prayers to Christ worked like magic. And this was with a bunch of little kids. These guys ought to be 'sent back' for aggressive proseltysing.

Aum.

Yes, the problem is gradually becoming alarming, at least in states like Kerala, Tamilnadu & tribal areas. They have already succeeded in North-Eastern part of India.

Just an idea :

Why not we Hindus too start converting people back to Hinduism aggressively by exposing them & telling our people about richness of our Dharma over theirs ? We should have something like Peace TV which should compare the doctrines of different religions. This will not only expose their childish ideas about Dharma but also make people aware of what is real Hinduism. I bet there is no religious theory which can stand face-to-face with Vedanta. It is perfectly logical & agrees with Scientific recoveries including Quantum Theory, Atomic Structure, Darwin's theory of evolution etc.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Until Hindus start to feel as confident in their religion as Christians do and they do not take there traditions for granted then Hindus might have a chance but the fact is that because most of stories behind hindu mythology are so unusual that it would be harder to prove the truth of hinduism over christianity. a lot of Christians are convinced and go through great lengths to prove their religion but Hindus seem to ambivalent on wether or not the puranas, mahabarata, vedas, Ramyana, the historocity of Krishna or other events and people in hindu history are historically true or not. Why believe in something that cannot be proven to be true?

Sorry if i offended anyone with my statements but its true.
    "My spiritual father is Swami Vivekananda" Canibus

Quote Originally Posted by devotee View Post
    Yes, the problem is gradually becoming alarming, at least in states like Kerala, Tamilnadu & tribal areas. They have already succeeded in North-Eastern part of India.

Just an idea :

Why not we Hindus too start converting people back to Hinduism aggressively by exposing them & telling our people about richness of our Dharma over theirs ?
    Namaste,

by "aggressively", you probably mean "proactively"?

Undoubtedly, Hindu Dharma is much richer than Christian tradition. To Hindus who somehow or other have to deal with Christians or Christian culture, it can be important to understand something of Christianity. Westerners may need to redefine and transform a number of elements of their Christian faith in order to follow the path of Sanatana Dharma. They may use Christianity as a helpful "stepping stone" to their dharmic path.

But bringing Christian spirituality to India is like carrying water to the ocean, and what the missionaries do is not even that. If they were spiritual, they would not convert. The mainstream Christian idea of conversion is in fact a perversion of the original concept meaning awakening to a higher consciousness. The Christian churches have killed the dharmic elements in Christianity. That is why they can easily do a similar job in India.

But I am reminded of Mahatma Gandhi's wisdom. He said something like "if we fight the British with the weapens they enslaved us with, our slavery will still be with us when they are gone". Besides, is not it beneath the dignity of a Hindu to apply the same strategy as the missionaries?

Now what alternatives are there? I have my ideas, but perhaps it is not proper for a person alien to Hindu culture and who has never been in India to give his view, sorry if I have already gone too far.

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

Namasté Gotam,

Quote Originally Posted by Gotam View Post
    But bringing Christian spirituality to India is like carrying water to the ocean,...
    Excellent.

praṇām
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Quote Originally Posted by Sagefrakrobatik View Post
    Until Hindus start to feel as confident in their religion as Christians do and they do not take there traditions for granted then Hindus might have a chance
    You have a point there.Many hindus are less informed about their own religion compared to a muslim or a christian.

but the fact is that because most of stories behind hindu mythology are so unusual that it would be harder to prove the truth of hinduism over christianity
    Not unusual compared to God dying for sins of humans.

a lot of Christians are convinced and go through great lengths to prove their religion
    That is mass hypnotism working well(for the christians).But it doesnt make much effort to demolish the logic of christianity.The Main problem with Hindus is that there are not prepared to do that.

A few quotes from bible are adequate to demolish the proof of christianity; such as the challenge by jews

Matthew 27:43 He trusted in God; let him deliver him now, if he will have him: for he said, I am the Son of God.

The jews asked the jesus to prove that he is indeed son of god and what did jesus offer by way of proof?

bible:
    Matthew 27:46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
    Last edited by chandu_69; 31 October 2009 at 06:35 PM.

but the fact is that because most of stories behind hindu mythology are so unusual that it would be harder to prove the truth of hinduism over christianity Not unusual compared to God dying for sins of humans.
    I couldn't really get past the story of Adam and Eve and how lusting after an apple cursed the human race forever. It's just so illogical. Not really a philosophical system at all, just some blind beliefs.

This reminds me of a great explanation of the Christian Trinity from an old film. Some petty crooks were hiding out in a convent pretending to be nuns.
    Nuns on the Run - Holy Trinity Explained
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBYs__VRqBs

Namaste all,

This conversion issue is really a challenge which we must accept, the best way to fight against them is to spread true sanatan dharm feelings in heart of our fellow hindus, who are taught by media and secular education that all religion are true ,including those who throw people to eternal hell for not believing in their faith. I have close friend who is related to a hindu sanstha, his work is to keep an eye on missionaries in his locality and educate people about baseless claims of missionaries against sanatan dharm. From what he has told, missionaries are quite intelligent, at first they find poor families in dire need of help, then help people financially ,pretending to be friend, after that when they are a little trustable, they start preaching their only true path to heaven and also claiming hinduism a polytheistic religion.

It is a pity that these people have made faith a commodity that can be bought and sold in market, but its also a duty of we common hindus to take up the challenge and start spreading the dharm & dharmic thoughts among our friends and fellow hindus.

i agree that missionares of any kind bring seen and unseen danger to the Hindu society.
    firstly we Hindus should revamp our religous approach.
    we should really sincerely accept every Hindu individual irrespsective of caste and creed into the Sanathana Dharma fold.
    we should not discriminate people by cast.
    when a Hindu feels unwelcomed in a temple he is going to convert to another religion as the missionaries will play on the point of caste.
    we have to try to educate society that the 4 fold Varna caste system was started as a functional socio economic systems based on Gunas and not necessarily on Birth Right.
    no doubt it has become a birth right now but we can choose to ignore it when it comes to realising God.
    children from the lesser economic group should be educated in Human Values and religion.
    Learning of sanskrit language should be revived and encouraged.
    let everyone know Santhana Dharma and Vedic prayers only then no intruder will aproach a Hindu.
    Hindus can practice Ahimsa but at times we should stand up for our rights not in an aggressive way but in a firm way.
    being a Hindu I admire the courage Muslims have. they would not give up their religion even at gun point.
    we need not hate anyone but we have love ourselfs.
    firstly we should consider ourself lucky to be born in Sanathana Dharma no matter which caste we are.
    Love Thyself and You will Realize God.

Thread Information