Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thought watching

Re: Thought watching

Dear Smaranam ji,

Namasthe!

Yes, of course, but that statement above was not addressing advaita. That was for the devotees who do see themselves as different. In that case, being aware of KRshNa walking by your side is appropriate. The context was, that that One, KRshNa will pull "you" out of the quicksand. Then, these messages will make sense.
    Krishna may not pull you out of quick sand ... he may allow u to sink ... but as you sink, he sinks with u ... he is with u ... he may or may not pull you out !

There are no messages ! what is there to say ? He is with you ... ! There is only silence ! If a person is in the embrace of Sri Krishna and still thinks of him as "walking by the side" etc ! instead of dissolving ? Can one keep oneself from dissolving when in an embrace of God?

Love!
    Silence
    Come up, O Lions, and shake off the delusion that you are a sheep

Dear Silence,
    Like I said earlier, that statement was catered to a specific audience of devotees only. It was for the OP and the thread overall, not a response to your post.
    We cannot force-impose advaita on everyone. Why not leave the devotees alone? Let them take their time to walk beside Him, to serve Him, to sing His glories. Why is that a problem? Why the haste to make KRshNa and devotee disappear from the scene?

-----------

As far as melting in the embrace of God, yes, there are no two here. However, one cannot stop God from His Own rasa.
    If God wants to be alone at one time and be His own devotee at another time, what is the problem? Who can stop Him?

Also, bhakta-vatsal KRshNa has, and does pull His dear devotees out of the quicksand.
    Last edited by smaranam; 19 October 2014 at 10:01 PM.
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Dear Smaranam ji,

Why not leave a devotee as he is ?
    Because either one remains as Krishna or is in imagination.
    When you are ever in the embrace of God, all these ideas that i am walking with krishna etc are imaginations.

God is not a wanting person ... to desire for a leela ! He is never bored either ! He is all attractive , how can he want? what does he involve himself in leela for ?

"Dvaita mulam aho dhukkam ", says ashtavakra gita... duality is the root cause of intense suffering !

Love!
    Silence

Dear Smaranam ji,
    I have a question ... it sounds blasphemous because of its boldness ... but i am sure Krishna wont mind our innocent questionings !

So .. here is the question:

If a person is addicted to krishna nama, and krishna leela ... how is he different from a person addicted to anything worldly ?

both are addicted. one craves for worldly objects ... while the other craves for krishna leelas and krishna songs etc! One suffers if one cannot get the worldly objects, the other suffers if one cannot sing krishna leelas !!

Love!
    Silence

Quote Originally Posted by silence_speaks View Post
    Dear Smaranam ji,
    I have a question ... it sounds blasphemous because of its boldness ... but i am sure Krishna wont mind our innocent questionings !

So .. here is the question:

If a person is addicted to krishna nama, and krishna leela ... how is he different from a person addicted to anything worldly ?

both are addicted. one craves for worldly objects ... while the other craves for krishna leelas and krishna songs etc! One suffers if one cannot get the worldly objects, the other suffers if one cannot sing krishna leelas !!

Love!
    Silence
    A person addicted to Sri Krishna will not otherwise be 'wordly'. He sees happiness in his own self praising Krishna and thus he is not after wordly success and joy. Since he does not hanker for wordly things, he is least likely to engage in bad ways to procure wordly things - such as lying, cheating, mismanipulating, and is not prone to 6 vices of human beings - kama, krodha, moha, lobha, madha and matsarya. This makes him super-human!
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Pranams,

I recently heard a nice talk by Swami Lakshmanjoo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ3V...JXkBJZimBaUUTm

In the talk he talks about pulling yourself up with your own power, your own force to stop the consciousness going into mind, which is the realm of thought. I think this technique is very valid, the mind and most the thoughts we have are conditioned and belong in the conditioned world, there is no end to the mind and it has so many permutations of thoughts. So according to ones practices one can use a type of force or urge to step above the mind.

I am not sure if anyone has ever played the word game, one person chooses a word and then next person carry's on, like if I say Door, the next person will choose a word that relates to door, like closed, then the next word could be something like open, then shop, clothes, money etc , and it continues and can end up with a word like mountain which really has no direct link to the first word door, so in fact the mind is linking things together which correlates with the previous thought and ends up in a completely different place, but some how or another mana tricks us into thinking it has some value when it does not. Mind is just and endless formation of thoughts.

If we can develop some insight into manas and thought we will get that energy and determination to want to go above and beyond the world of thoughts in the realm of mind which swami ji says if we rest in mind then we will experience narak or hell.

Another good sadhana is mindfullness, this can be to study the nature of mind and not try to change what one is thinking but to try and not interfere or put more fuel into the mind, by its inherent nature mind will change on its own if we do not interfere or add anymore thoughts to what we are thinking, if the mind is to strong then one can switch the attention to something else, body sweeping, the breath or the recitation of a mantra, this will help to calm the whole mind body system down to make it more quieter.

In Gita Arjuna thinks the mind is almost impossible to tame, but Sri Krishna assures him by constant practice and by detachment one can make the mind his best friend.

Ys

Md

Quote Originally Posted by Viraja View Post
    A person addicted to Sri Krishna will not otherwise be 'wordly'. He sees happiness in his own self praising Krishna and thus he is not after wordly success and joy. Since he does not hanker for wordly things, he is least likely to engage in bad ways to procure wordly things - such as lying, cheating, mismanipulating, and is not prone to 6 vices of human beings - kama, krodha, moha, lobha, madha and matsarya. This makes him super-human!
    Namaste virajaji

Are you saying dettachment and aversion to wordly things are byproducts of only krishna bhakti? So you mean an atheist cannot remain a good person and remain detached? Or a christian or a muslim or a jew or buddhist are by birth prone to all these bad things because they dont know who krishna is or they dont consider stories to be absolute truth?

Quote Originally Posted by smaranam View Post
    Dear Silence,
    Like I said earlier, that statement was catered to a specific audience of devotees only. It was for the OP and the thread overall, not a response to your post.
    We cannot force-impose advaita on everyone. Why not leave the devotees alone? Let them take their time to walk beside Him, to serve Him, to sing His glories. Why is that a problem? Why the haste to make KRshNa and devotee disappear from the scene?

-----------
    Namaste smaranam
    If this thread is in the hare krishna or vaishnavaite forum i would genuinely accept whatever you are saying. On the contrary it is not a pleasant thing for others, to see your personal love and personal beliefs being imposed and rubbed all over the forum.
    This thread in question has nothing to do with a personal belief system and so it was unfair on your part to give the rest of the world a view of krishna and how sweet his stories are to you etc. Not that we are averse to them,but when you have a seperate forum for yourself, it is not a wise thing to do.
    How would you feel is a devotee of shiva or devi comes and writes all sorts of imaginary posts about them and fills this thread?
    Lets leave personal beliefs aside and stick to the question of which this thread was made and definitely the glories of krishna will be the last thing as a non believer in imaginary forms like me would want to see

Dear Viraja ji,

How can we say he does not hanker after worldly things ?

Kirshna and Krishna related things become his new world
    so now he hankers after these other worldly things

so he is still troubled by kama, krodha, lobha, moha, madha, matsarya:

kama: desire. Desire to pray to Krishna! I want to listen to Krishna's stories. So if someone becomes a hurdle on his way to fulfill his desire, he is unhappy.

Krodha: Anger: he is angry when someone disturbs him and does not allow him to pray!

Lobha: greed: he wants more and more of krishna's leelas.

Moha: Delusion : since he says that when i listen to krishna leelas i am with krishna when i do not, i am not with krishna !

Madha: pride: that i am a great krishna devotee.

Matsarya: jealousy : if i go and tell him i see krishna every day and have my breakfast with him! He is gone !!

He has just replaced the current world with a new world! That's all.
    Love!
    Silence

Hello, Reddiji
    I am sorry if you felt this way. I was
    1. responding to a post made by GramesJi about KRshNa-katha being the solution
    2. writing to and for VirajaJi (the OP who started this thread) knowing that she is a VaishNav, VishNu bhakta.
    Now you see why Grames ji also brought up the topic.
    Both of us were actually speaking straight to Virajaji.

However even without your post I was going to stay away from the thread.

We get engrossed while speaking to each other (it is satsanga for us - like-minded beings) and forget that others are around. I shall not do so anymore.
    Shubha Deepavali
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Thread Information