Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: rudrākṣa - the eyes of śiva

Re: rudrākṣa - the eyes of śiva

Pranams divnelight,

Thank you for your reply and I am just a poor Bhakta so I may have to wait until it comes as a Gift. I have been given some very nice gifts in the past, so I will not lose hope It was sightly mis worded that I said are they allowed to sell, I thought it maybe something only for museum quality of private worship.

Thank you also for the links to your threads.

I found some good reading here, in fact not just good but Absolutely fantastic, I am enjoying very much My initiated name is Markandeya and he was half Shaivite and half Vaishnava and I had my diksha in Bhubaneswar and I am kindling a synthesis between Vaishnavsim and Shaivism and understanding the svaurpa of my dasa.

http://bibleoteca.narod.ru/tantra/Ja...iva_Sutras.pdf

and on page 23 there is this passage which I retyped ( because it does not allow me to copy and paste) so please forgive any errors. This helped me to understand more the meaning of the joined rudraksa. Please correct me if I am wrong.

1. THE TATTVAS OF THE UNIVERSAL EXPERIENCE 1-5

As has already been said Parama Siva has two aspects viz, transcendental ( visvotiima) and immanent or creative. This creative aspect of Parama Siva is known as Siva tattva.

1. Siva tattva is the initial creative movement (prathama spanda) of Parama Siva.

2. Sakti tattva is the Energy of Siva. She polarizes Conciousness into Aham and Idam ( I and This )- Subject and object.

Shakti, however, is nothing separate from Siva, Siva in his creative aspect is known as Shakti. She is His ahamvimarsa (I-consciousness), His unmukhata or intentness to create.
    Just as an artist cannot contain his delight within himself, but pours it out into a song, or a poem, even so Parama Siva pours out the delightful wonder of his splendour into manifestation.
    In Sakti tattva, ananda aspect of the Supreme is predominant.
    Siva and Sakti tattvas can never be separated.

3. Sadasiva or Sadakhya Tattva:

The will (Iccha) to affirm the "This" side if the universe Experience is known as sadasiva or sadakya tattva, Iccha ( Will) is predominant.
    The experience of this stage is "I am this" but the "this" is only a hazy (asphuta) experience. The predominant side is still "I". The ideal Universe is experienced as an indistinct something in the depth of consciousness.

Sadasiva tattva is the first manifestation (abhasa). In this Universal Experience, both the subject and the object are consciousness. Consciousness in this aspect becomes perceptible to Itself; hence a subject and an object.

4.Isvara or Aisvarya Tattva

The next stage of the Divine experience is that where idam or the This side of the total experience becomes a little more defined (sphuta). This is known as isvara tattva. It is unmesa or distinct blossoming of the Universe. At this stage, Jnana or knowledge is predomininant.

The experience of Sadasiva is "I am this" . The experience of Isvara is: " This am I"

In the Sadvidya tattva, the "I" and the "This" side of experience are equally balanced, like two pans of an evenly held balance (samadhrtatulaputanyayena). At this stage, kriya sakti is prdominant. The "I" and the "This", what is "This" is "I" i.e they have samanadhikarana. The "I" and the "This" are still identified, they can be clearly distinguished in thought. The experience of this stage may be called diversity-in-unity (bhedabheda-vimarsa-natma) i.e while the "This" is clearly distinguished from "I", it is still felt to be part of the "I" or Self

The experience of this is known as parapara dasa. It is intermediate between the para or higher apara or the lower.
    Up to this stage, all experience is ideal i.e in the form of an idea. Hence it is called the perfect or pure order (Suddhddhva) i.e a manifestation in which the svarupa or the nature of the Divine is not yet veiled.
    Ys

Md

Last edited by markandeya 108 dasa; 24 October 2014 at 08:23 AM. Reason: I am not very good at typing

Namaskar friends,

Quote Originally Posted by divnelight View Post
    Is this person selling that exact mala? If so you should make sure it is genuine especially the Guari-Shankar beads seems to look altered (glued together/carved).
    I initially agree, but it's quite good if it's a fake. It's possible it's a Gauri-Shankar of an elongated seed. But more convincing is the rest of this seller's shop, and now I really see what you mean about selling sacred objects, Markandaya. This seller is an antiquities/arts dealer in London, apparently with a high-priced enough collection that you only shop there by appointment and one "enquires" about prices. The Rudraksha necklace is purported to be from the 1800's.

When I see businesses like this I worry. It's entirely possible his business is completely above board and he's getting his inventory from estate sales and such. But you hear about thefts or families being scammed out of treasures... and I cringe at how he keeps making the point that it's a sacred ritual object that has had much use. In this case I don't think the necklace is worth it. If you really want one you can get a Java for $25 and a huge Nepal one for $130 and be certain it's not only real but also not missed by someone.

I agree, if you are meant to get something it will come to you. =) Simply work towards it in the meanwhile.
    Happy Diwali! You are welcome . Shall we call each Rudraksha buddies? I am sure my family is sick and tired of me talking about this topic. I try to bounce ideas off them and I am met with a glazed over confused look hahahaha!!!! I am not sure if you are located in Hawaii but I feel that Rudraksha are easy to grow there because the volcanic soil is very fertile and the remote location of the Islands. I sense that Hawaii is a very spiritual place they also have a mother Goddess who protects the Islands so the combination off all these factors make it the perfect place to grow Rudraksha.
    Hi there Rudraksha Buddy. I hope you had a lovely Diwali as well! I'm pretty sure my own family can sympathize with yours. LOL

I am in the Northeast Continental US, the lowest average temperature in winter here is about 5 to 10 degrees fahrenheit - lower if you look at it since the 70's. It's often not that low, but there are days... Apparently the lowest Temp E. Gantrius is known to handle is 19 degrees f. However there are some monks and teachers who claim they can be grown anywhere if given enough care and love. I wonder. If planted in a sheltered area and if the roots were kept protected until the plant was well established, it could be possible, just maybe, for me to grow one without grafting to different root stock.

I think you're right about Hawaii, not just because of the soil but also it's a tropical environment so most plants would love it. But E. Gantrius is well known to be incredibly adaptable and tolerant of all kinds of conditions and soils, including a lot of salt - something useful in my climate in winter.

You make interesting observations on the size and surface ratio, thank you. I'm not sure I agree that if you don't have faith and devotion that you won't see benefit, though. These beads are gifts from the Divine to all of creation. We are all subject to Dharma and Karma and we are all His children, whether we know it and practice it in this life or not. Eventually we come back around. And these little gifts to us are small influences along the way, like breadcrumbs to Hansel and Gretel, leading us back slowly with a turn here or a nudge there. I think they always have power and always help, even if a person doesn't know enough to realise what it is that's helping them.

I'm sorry to hear what happened with the seeds your family got, I can see why you're being so careful, especially with the higher faces. It's interesting, I have been buying fruit now for almost a year and for all this time the seeds had a variation on a specific color and texture. The latest ones I got are definitely Nepalese seeds but the fruit itself is darker and the seeds far paler, almost yellow-white and they have a different texture - I'm really interested in how they'll turn out. I'm wondering if these things indicate different types of soil and nutrients the tree is getting, maybe different climate or elevation too. There's another reason the seed might float too. If it's very dry and has never been oiled it can float for a while, and if it is older and has been kept oiled and used for a very long time it becomes almost varnished, and those oils can sometime make it float a bit for a while. Eventually they will sink though. I oil my own seeds heavily the first few times I oil them, and then let them sit in the sun for a few days. I keep this up until they have a nice glaze to them, This might also be why they look so oily, otherwise they can look kind of dusty. I can't really vouch for the higher than 14 mukh seeds. I could make many guesses on if they are real why aren't they mentioned, but I don't even know for certain if they are indeed real. Perhaps Neeta might say.

Thank you so much for the translation! Wow, so what they're doing is propagating the plants by clones from cuttings instead of seeds! Well, that explains a few things, and it also makes sense in a few ways. Interesting method of getting the stems to root! Wow, thank you! Your assumption is correct, the tree will fruit fast. This can also lead to less fertility over many generations in many species of tree - trees don't have infinite lifespans and the offspring of trees in this manner are not actually any younger than the parent. I don't know if E. Gantrius is one of the few trees that can be propagated in this way indefinitely, but it would explain less fertility in the orchard and would also explain more incidence of higher-mukh beads, like 15 to 21 faces. Possibly in age-related mutation of the genes. These trees are probably quite old depending on how long ago the parent tress were cloned. Neat!

~Pranam
    ~~~~~
    What has Learning profited a man, if it has not led him to worship the good feet of Him who is pure knowledge itself?
    They alone dispel the mind's distress, who take refuge at the feet of the incomparable one.
    ~~Tirukural 2, 7

Anbe Sivamayam, Satyame Parasivam

Quote Originally Posted by Aanandinii View Post
    Namaskar friends,

I initially agree, but it's quite good if it's a fake. It's possible it's a Gauri-Shankar of an elongated seed. But more convincing is the rest of this seller's shop, and now I really see what you mean about selling sacred objects, Markandaya. This seller is an antiquities/arts dealer in London, apparently with a high-priced enough collection that you only shop there by appointment and one "enquires" about prices. The Rudraksha necklace is purported to be from the 1800's.

When I see businesses like this I worry. It's entirely possible his business is completely above board and he's getting his inventory from estate sales and such. But you hear about thefts or families being scammed out of treasures... and I cringe at how he keeps making the point that it's a sacred ritual object that has had much use. In this case I don't think the necklace is worth it. If you really want one you can get a Java for $25 and a huge Nepal one for $130 and be certain it's not only real but also not missed by someone.

I agree, if you are meant to get something it will come to you. =) Simply work towards it in the meanwhile.
    Hi there Rudraksha Buddy. I hope you had a lovely Diwali as well! I'm pretty sure my own family can sympathize with yours. LOL

I am in the Northeast Continental US, the lowest average temperature in winter here is about 5 to 10 degrees fahrenheit - lower if you look at it since the 70's. It's often not that low, but there are days... Apparently the lowest Temp E. Gantrius is known to handle is 19 degrees f. However there are some monks and teachers who claim they can be grown anywhere if given enough care and love. I wonder. If planted in a sheltered area and if the roots were kept protected until the plant was well established, it could be possible, just maybe, for me to grow one without grafting to different root stock.

I think you're right about Hawaii, not just because of the soil but also it's a tropical environment so most plants would love it. But E. Gantrius is well known to be incredibly adaptable and tolerant of all kinds of conditions and soils, including a lot of salt - something useful in my climate in winter.

You make interesting observations on the size and surface ratio, thank you. I'm not sure I agree that if you don't have faith and devotion that you won't see benefit, though. These beads are gifts from the Divine to all of creation. We are all subject to Dharma and Karma and we are all His children, whether we know it and practice it in this life or not. Eventually we come back around. And these little gifts to us are small influences along the way, like breadcrumbs to Hansel and Gretel, leading us back slowly with a turn here or a nudge there. I think they always have power and always help, even if a person doesn't know enough to realise what it is that's helping them.

I'm sorry to hear what happened with the seeds your family got, I can see why you're being so careful, especially with the higher faces. It's interesting, I have been buying fruit now for almost a year and for all this time the seeds had a variation on a specific color and texture. The latest ones I got are definitely Nepalese seeds but the fruit itself is darker and the seeds far paler, almost yellow-white and they have a different texture - I'm really interested in how they'll turn out. I'm wondering if these things indicate different types of soil and nutrients the tree is getting, maybe different climate or elevation too. There's another reason the seed might float too. If it's very dry and has never been oiled it can float for a while, and if it is older and has been kept oiled and used for a very long time it becomes almost varnished, and those oils can sometime make it float a bit for a while. Eventually they will sink though. I oil my own seeds heavily the first few times I oil them, and then let them sit in the sun for a few days. I keep this up until they have a nice glaze to them, This might also be why they look so oily, otherwise they can look kind of dusty. I can't really vouch for the higher than 14 mukh seeds. I could make many guesses on if they are real why aren't they mentioned, but I don't even know for certain if they are indeed real. Perhaps Neeta might say.

Thank you so much for the translation! Wow, so what they're doing is propagating the plants by clones from cuttings instead of seeds! Well, that explains a few things, and it also makes sense in a few ways. Interesting method of getting the stems to root! Wow, thank you! Your assumption is correct, the tree will fruit fast. This can also lead to less fertility over many generations in many species of tree - trees don't have infinite lifespans and the offspring of trees in this manner are not actually any younger than the parent. I don't know if E. Gantrius is one of the few trees that can be propagated in this way indefinitely, but it would explain less fertility in the orchard and would also explain more incidence of higher-mukh beads, like 15 to 21 faces. Possibly in age-related mutation of the genes. These trees are probably quite old depending on how long ago the parent tress were cloned. Neat!

~Pranam
    [/font][/color]
    Namaste Aanandinii,

How is my Rudraksha buddy keeping . Your welcome translating is the least I could do . My Diwali went well.

You are right it may be real. I should have emailed Neetaji this week about the elongated beads. My mind has been working slow lately. Regardless if the bead is real or not it will be considered an antique. I also, forgot to ask her about why higher mukhis are not mentioned in scriptures. I asked her a million questions already, she probably thinks I am Rudraksha obsessed. From what the folks at minimela said they only sell up to 14 mukhi because anything above is way too expensive. So we can assume 14+ are real? If you check on Rudra Centre's website there are some new Java beads that are up to 25 mukhi. This is probably related to what you mentioned above about how grafting allows faster fruiting but the age of the tree remains the same thus, producing higher mukhis. I overgeneralized you are right Rusraksha will work on everyone and will bring a person towards the divine if they wear them (love your breadcrumb analogy). It just depends on the speed in which it will happen (if we continue to do good vs "bad"); the chakras opening up faster or slower. What I learned from Neetaji is that it is not always a question of Nepali vs Java vs Power etc. From what I understood from our conversation is that the duration you wear them matters as well. If you wear a mala/Rudraksha for 8-9 hours a day and for everyday both Java and Nepali will be effective because you are allowing plenty of time for your chakras to open up and balance. Basically, a change will be felt in 5-10 days.

I never thought about how a newly oiled bead can float and an old oiled one wont. Yeah we are a little careful because in India there is a lot of cheating in the Rudrasha market plus,the fact that they are fairly expensive. I wish I could grow my own but living in Canada I don't know if they will survive the winter. Maybe one day I will build a green house . I am guessing the differences in the seeds you received may have to do with quality and how old they are (the differences in fruit); also we can't rule out the factors you mentioned. Your yellow-white seeds may produce better Rudraksha (according to scriptures lighter ones are superior). The next opportunity I have I will ask Neetaji about which scriptures mention 14 mukhi + and about the antique super long Rudraksha bead. Having a session with her you realize how wise she is, she puts things so simply it is amazing. I just hope what she recommended for me helps me overcome the obstacles I face. I just have put my trust in the divine.

-divinelight

Quote Originally Posted by markandeya 108 dasa View Post
    Pranams divnelight,

Thank you for your reply and I am just a poor Bhakta so I may have to wait until it comes as a Gift. I have been given some very nice gifts in the past, so I will not lose hope It was sightly mis worded that I said are they allowed to sell, I thought it maybe something only for museum quality of private worship.

Thank you also for the links to your threads.

I found some good reading here, in fact not just good but Absolutely fantastic, I am enjoying very much My initiated name is Markandeya and he was half Shaivite and half Vaishnava and I had my diksha in Bhubaneswar and I am kindling a synthesis between Vaishnavsim and Shaivism and understanding the svaurpa of my dasa.

http://bibleoteca.narod.ru/tantra/Ja...iva_Sutras.pdf

and on page 23 there is this passage which I retyped ( because it does not allow me to copy and paste) so please forgive any errors. This helped me to understand more the meaning of the joined rudraksa. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Ys

Md

Namaste Markandeya 108 Dasa and Aanandinii,

Markandeya 108 Dasa you have a good understanding that all the different names we call the supreme are all the one and the same. So many spend time fighting Shiva is better, Vishnu is better etc. The true devotee realizes they are the same, Shiva is Shakti, Shakti is Shiva, Shiva is Vishnu and Vishnu is Shiva. They are the same just different aspects/manifestations of energy from the Supreme. We feel a connection with certain energies sometimes we pray more to Shiva , Vishnu or Hanuman because that aspect of energy/God is needed to help guide us in obtaining our goals for our current birth. We are put on this earth to learn lessons and grow thus; we feel a connection to that energy that will help us reach this goal. The same can be said about the Grahas they are here teach us what we need to know for this lifetime. It is up to us to understand that this is all Gods leela and we should realize that all these different aspects are from the Supreme whether you say Shiva/Shakti/Vishnu they are all the same.

In terms of the Guari-Shankar you wanted or liked from the collectors site. It is fake I have confirmed with Neetaji. It has been glued together and carved. If you truly would like a Guari Shankar then I suggest you look at Rudra Centre's website (or any other source you trust). Depending on your budget you can pick one. Nepali being more expensive and Java beads being very affordable. Also, if you want the Rudraksha for a specific purpose or for a specific problem I suggest a session with Neetaji via email or skype. She is very knowledgeable and really puts things into perspective. Never give up you will attain what you seek. If a Guari Shankar is written in your stars you will attain it nothing can stop you from getting one. Here is the link to the Guari Shankars:

http://www.rudraksha-ratna.com/gauri-shankar_20.php3

Hi Aanandinii, basically Neetaji told me that Rudraksha that are 15 mukhi + are mentioned in what is known as the Katyani (Katyayani) Purana/Tantra and that many of our scriptures for some reason have erased information on Rudraksha and other things. I guess this has to do with the fact that knowledge should divulged to those who can handle it and respect it (plus we are in the Kalia Yuga). Basically what she found out about Rudraksha are from scriptures, Katyayani Purana and her own research. So if you or anybody else has any information on the Katyayani Purana/Tantra or know where I can get a copy please let me know.

-divnelight

Namaste Divinelight,

Wow, some great info in your last couple of posts! Thank you so much for sharing what you learned from your sessions with Neetaji. She sounds like a wonderful person.

I am not at all surprised she is so wise in this, she has spent a very long time studying and learning about Rudraksha and gems/minerals uses in Holistic therapies. I remember while doing a lot of my own first research on Rudraksha, I ran into very old Usenet threads she wrote in from the 90's, both a long time ago to me and not.

What she says about the faces greater than 14 makes sense. As I understand it a lot of knowledge has never been written down and is still passed in the traditional verbal ways, and whole lineages that were lost, their knowledge was also lost. It also occurs to me that things to do with Tantra can be powerful, and that kind of knowledge would likely be kept to the Ashrams for seekers and Teachers. This is also likely where you would find very old and long-cared for trees with people who will collect and care for the seeds. Thus higher-faced seeds would not really be circulated among every-day people, so less would be known about them in common knowledge that was later written down... Complete speculation, though.

Thank you too for confirming about the "antique" Gauri-Shankar. It figures, but I am also comforted to know it's not really someone's family relic being sold in this way. Markandeya, it's very true that when something is meant for you nothing will stop it from coming to you. You will get that Gauri-Shankar someday, certainly.

So the difference in the seeds I have gotten recently may have been region/elevation/soil grown in. They aren't older or younger as Neetaji gets new stock regularly, but I'm sure they must be from other regions. I also don't think its a quality issue. Not all of them are stellar, but the majority are great. What is interesting though is that the difference in the pigment of the seed shell that I noted has made a big difference in the actual color of the finished bead! The first batches I worked with are a red-ish color. In comparison these are a deer-skin brown. And one of the ones I recently cleaned and which is now in the drying stage, had respectively very little pigment in the meat of the fruit and almost none to the seed itself. I have a hunch this one is a "white" Rudraksha. I can't wait to see what it looks like when finished. When I have some time I will post some pictures - I am not home right now so can't. So it looks like this is a case of the colors that Rudraksha are reported in.

~Pranam-s
    ~~~~~
    What has Learning profited a man, if it has not led him to worship the good feet of Him who is pure knowledge itself?
    They alone dispel the mind's distress, who take refuge at the feet of the incomparable one.
    ~~Tirukural 2, 7

Namaste Divinelight,

Wow, some great info in your last couple of posts! Thank you so much for sharing what you learned from your sessions with Neetaji. She sounds like a wonderful person.

I am not at all surprised she is so wise in this, she has spent a very long time studying and learning about Rudraksha and gems/minerals uses in Holistic therapies. I remember while doing a lot of my own first research on Rudraksha, I ran into very old Usenet threads she wrote in from the 90's, both a long time ago to me and not.

What she says about the faces greater than 14 makes sense. As I understand it a lot of knowledge has never been written down and is still passed in the traditional verbal ways, and whole lineages that were lost, their knowledge was also lost. It also occurs to me that things to do with Tantra can be powerful, and that kind of knowledge would likely be kept to the Ashrams for seekers and Teachers. This is also likely where you would find very old and long-cared for trees with people who will collect and care for the seeds. Thus higher-faced seeds would not really be circulated among every-day people, so less would be known about them in common knowledge that was later written down... Complete speculation, though.

Thank you too for confirming about the "antique" Gauri-Shankar. It figures, but I am also comforted to know it's not really someone's family relic being sold in this way. Markandeya, it's very true that when something is meant for you nothing will stop it from coming to you. You will get that Gauri-Shankar someday, certainly.

So the difference in the seeds I have gotten recently may have been region/elevation/soil grown in. They aren't older or younger as Neetaji gets new stock regularly, but I'm sure they must be from other regions. I also don't think its a quality issue. Not all of them are stellar, but the majority are great. What is interesting though is that the difference in the pigment of the seed shell that I noted has made a big difference in the actual color of the finished bead! The first batches I worked with are a red-ish color. In comparison these are a deer-skin brown. And one of the ones I recently cleaned and which is now in the drying stage, had respectively very little pigment in the meat of the fruit and almost none to the seed itself. I have a hunch this one is a "white" Rudraksha. I can't wait to see what it looks like when finished. When I have some time I will post some pictures - I am not home right now so can't. So it looks like this is a case of the colors that Rudraksha are reported in.

~Pranam-s
    Namaste Aanandinii,

Neetaji is indeed a wonderful person. Yeah I have seen some of her posts (or her company's) from the early 2000s on another forum "indiadivine" and even read about some of the drama her competitors tried to create. I would love to read her posts from the 1990s (can you direct them to me in a PM or here). Yes, she has mentioned in our conversations about doing research on Gems as well. She plants Rudraksha trees just like you. So, I decided to show them the grafting video I showed you. Guess What? Neetaji told me that the Rudraksha in the video are not real and that the trees are not as well. Basically people pass off certain Bhadraksha off as 2-3 mukhis in the market place. This due to the fact that people have a lack of knowledge and spend all of their time and energy growing something that isn't genuine. Only a true expert could pick all this up from a video!!!!

You're welcome . I am glad as well it is not a family relic that is being sold. It is amazing to hear about the different color seeds you produce. I don't know much about why this happens. The only thing I can refer back is to how different colors belonged to different castes. So I am assuming their energies are different and suited for the lifestyles different people lived. I guess that a "white Rudraksha" is considered "Brahmin" so its energy maybe more inclined towards allowing a person to meditate and connect with the divine. While a "red Rudraksha" is considered a Kshatriya class so its energy may affect the chakras that are more active giving a warrior more energy and better decision making skills to lead an army/kingdom. Maybe you could do a comparison of how the energies differ between same mukhis of different colors. In today's world we are lucky to even obtain real Rudraksha let alone pick colors according caste/profession; To those that are able too that would be the icing on the cake!! I would love to see pictures of your trees and the Rudraksha you grow. When you have time please post some pictures, it would be amazing to see.

-divnelight

Namaste Divine Light,

When I have some time I will hunt down links to the Usenet groups Neeta-ji posted in. It may be some time though, it's getting very close to Holidays and I'm "in the weeds", as we say, preparing gifts which must take priority. When I catch up to where I should be I'll take some pictures and share - there are other sets of pictures I need to organize and upload too, so I will be sure to do this as well.

I really think the caste assignments to colors in the seeds is a Human thing. We like to see patterns and assign them meaning, sometimes that's true and beneficial, and sometimes not so much. Neeta-ji and others have pointed out that nowhere in scripture they have studied are the colors assigned specifically to caste and certain castes can only use different colors. Those that have studied them through scripture go out of their way to assert that there are no such limits or designations placed on the seeds anywhere. And while it's interesting that these colors exist, it's also true that more often than not the beads can carry combinations, speckles and swirls of colors, most are not only one whole color or another - at least not in the roughly 220 ones I've cleaned to date. They each also have different vibrations to them, but each feels equally strong to me, even the smaller ones - well, except for one, which had some insect damage to it. But then I am a student and probably not as sensitive as many of the learned people who work with them.

I must apologize if I have mislead you in any way, I have not planted any trees yet. I want to and am working out a plan to do so, but at the moment I have no place to plant them once they are large enough to take permanent root. I want to have good plans in advance before I start to try and raise trees, because I feel like the trees that produce such holy seeds are as sacred as the seed itself, so I want to take care that I have a set up that is very likely to succeed and not harm such a tree. But, once I have a full plan and some seedlings, I would be more than happy to share.

I learn something new every day! I had never heard of Bhadraksha! Thank you very much for sharing that, how interesting!

~Pranam-s
    ~~~~~
    ~~Tirukural 2, 7

dear friends
    I was under the impression that rudrakshas are the solidified tears of Shiva . But here it is being referred as shiva's eyes . Any explanation ?

Namaste Saswathy ji,

It seems to me that both are true. Like anything, there are many ways to look at it. Yajvan ji's description at the start of this thread says it best, for me.

~Pranam
    ~~~~~
    ~~Tirukural 2, 7

Namaste Divine Light,

When I have some time I will hunt down links to the Usenet groups Neeta-ji posted in. It may be some time though, it's getting very close to Holidays and I'm "in the weeds", as we say, preparing gifts which must take priority. When I catch up to where I should be I'll take some pictures and share - there are other sets of pictures I need to organize and upload too, so I will be sure to do this as well.

I really think the caste assignments to colors in the seeds is a Human thing. We like to see patterns and assign them meaning, sometimes that's true and beneficial, and sometimes not so much. Neeta-ji and others have pointed out that nowhere in scripture they have studied are the colors assigned specifically to caste and certain castes can only use different colors. Those that have studied them through scripture go out of their way to assert that there are no such limits or designations placed on the seeds anywhere. And while it's interesting that these colors exist, it's also true that more often than not the beads can carry combinations, speckles and swirls of colors, most are not only one whole color or another - at least not in the roughly 220 ones I've cleaned to date. They each also have different vibrations to them, but each feels equally strong to me, even the smaller ones - well, except for one, which had some insect damage to it. But then I am a student and probably not as sensitive as many of the learned people who work with them.

I must apologize if I have mislead you in any way, I have not planted any trees yet. I want to and am working out a plan to do so, but at the moment I have no place to plant them once they are large enough to take permanent root. I want to have good plans in advance before I start to try and raise trees, because I feel like the trees that produce such holy seeds are as sacred as the seed itself, so I want to take care that I have a set up that is very likely to succeed and not harm such a tree. But, once I have a full plan and some seedlings, I would be more than happy to share.

I learn something new every day! I had never heard of Bhadraksha! Thank you very much for sharing that, how interesting!

~Pranam-s
    Namaste Aanandinii,

Happy Holidays! I hope all is well with you . Sorry for the late reply everything has been crazy busy plus I have been under the weather lately so I often opt to sleep instead go on the computer lol. No rush on the Usenet links whenever you have time...
    You are right the caste thing may have just been something people made up. There seems to be lots of information out there that has no backing.

No need to apologize. I am really excited to hear about your plans for planting Rudraksha trees in the future. You are right the trees themselves are special and must be respected. They need proper space to grown which can be a problem if you live in the city!

I received my Rudraksha from Neetaji . They are very nice and well sized (Java collector beads). I am guessing it will take some time for me to feel the full effects of my Rudraksha. I hear some people say 5-10 days some say a month and some say 40 days. I have one arm band and wrist band. The arm band is taking me some time to get used to lol ( I adjusted it in public once and got stared at haha!). The only concern I had was my 14 mukhi there seems to be a chip in the top left corner of it (I believe a thorn or two are missing). Its next to a mukhi and sort of cuts into it. I believe they were chipped away so the Rudraksha could fit in its "cage" for the wrist band (unless some thorns fall off naturally). Neetaji assured me that the inner seeds are the thing that is important for a Rudraksha's energy (I assume clear mukhi are important as well.) I hope this doesn't really effect the Rudraksha's energy or power. Counting the mukhi on a Javanese Rudraksha can be challenging lol, sometimes the mukhis are well defined like Nepalese and sometimes they are mere lines. I have also noticed, that mukhis on top of a bead can be different than the bottom ex. the top can have a grooves and the bottom maybe have lines/ridges instead or vice versa. Hopefully your experience with Rudraksha can clear my doubts .

-divnelight

Thread Information