Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Angry Bird Syndrome

Re: The Angry Bird Syndrome

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~
    namasté
    Quote Originally Posted by renuka View Post
    This is what I am saying..why do people in Ashrams or people who follow a religious life get so angry easily? They seem to be always looking for faults of others
    I think you may wish to write it like this:

why do people in Ashrams ( that I visited) or people who follow a religious life ( that I know) get so angry easily?

I have not had this experience that I could suggest most of the time ( 50% or higher) or all the time ( 99%) the people that angered easily. In fact the places I have visited or stayed the opposite was true. But I can also say I did see people get angry, but I see various people get angry daily with or without the trait of being religious or subscribing to a āśrama¹.

From my vantage point no one likes to get angry, but we do... I do.
    It is the release of stress and this occurs. Just as happiness is also a release of joy. Does one prefer angry? I do not think so. But it is no less then an expression of the tattva-s within us that are working at the time.

iti śivaṁ

words
    • āśrama is rooted in śrama which brings us to śramaṁ that comes from - kṛ 'to work hard at one's studies' ; yet within this word āśrama we have 'rama' and that is delight, pleasing. It suggests a place where one takes delight in the focus of their studies or their practice.
    • The best definition I came across for āśrama is 'a halting place' which means a place to rest, but more profoundly a place where one brings 'halt' to ignorance.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Re: The Angry Bird Syndrome

Namaste Renuka ji,

I think what you posted is very valid - however for a small difference - and that is, the Angry Bird Syndrome is not just applicable to only 'Ashrams' but also to all places where public interacts with the staff of an institution, and I believe this effect would be prominent in places/countries with a high population and large difference in the socio-economic status of its residents.

For example, this is what I have experienced in India:

1. Go to any prestigious school/college/University during admission time to submit your application and stand in the line, you will see anyone including the watchman jumping at you.

2. You go to any renowned astrologer, and ask 1 question more than what he is willing to answer to you, you will get to know 'the meaning of wrath'.

3. You go to any well-known pediatrician/doctor and repeat step 2 above, and you will get to know the same results.

So this is not just a phenomenon applicable to ashrams, it is everywhere! Sometimes people want to just 'show-off' their power and position by abusing others and they get a sadistic satisfaction that they are in a position to do so and still are respected and followed by others!

Just go to any office, and be that newcomer to the job who has to 'settle down' and keep asking questions (genuine ones) and just count how willing your boss is (that is, even when he/she has time) and the response you will get there is Universal, I assure you!

I'm glad you noticed this syndrome and wrote about it to cause awareness.

EDIT: It is only the Ashrams and perhaps places like this HDF where sadhakas come in, that one can possibly see anything/anyone genuine!

Thanks & Regards,

Viraja
    Last edited by Viraja; 11 September 2014 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Added portion under EDIT.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Thread Information