Thread: Shree Vedavalli - Shree Padmavathi - Shree Lakshmi - Shree Sita

Shree Vedavalli - Shree Padmavathi - Shree Lakshmi - Shree Sita

Namaste HDF

Who are these goddesses. Shree Vedavalli - Shree Padmavathi - Shree Lakshmi - Shree Sita.

Are they all one and the same as Shree Lakshmi and appeared in different yuga?

What is the authentic book to read about Srinivasa residing at Thirumala?
    Anirudh...

Re: Shree Vedavalli - Shree Padmavathi - Shree Lakshmi - Shree Sita

I believe they are all different amsas of Sri Lakshmi. (I personally believe Sri Sita is avatara of Kamakshi Amman, but since it is out of the domain of Vaishnavam, would not venture into that).

The reason I am writing this reply is to ask you, Anirudh ji, if you know of any great composition on Ma Padmavathi (Alamelumanga). I know Shri Sitadevi has Sita Ashtottaram with the Sathanamavali for honoring her. There is even an 'Hanumath Kruta Sita-Rama Stotram'. However I know not any rendition for honoring Ma Padmavathi of Alamelumangapuram, and everyday after reciting Sri Venkatesa Ashtotttaram, I am given to reciting only Sri Lakshmi Stotram without addressing Ma Padmavathi.

People linked with Alamelumangapuram or those who frequent Tiruchanur/Tirupathi might know of any stotra for mother Alamelumanga.

If you know of any, please let me know.

Many thanks.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Quote Originally Posted by Anirudh View Post
    Who are these goddesses. Shree Vedavalli - Shree Padmavathi - Shree Lakshmi - Shree Sita.
    Namaste
    Did you mean VedavatI? as opposed to Vedavalli?
    SitA was VedavatI in a previous birth. Due to Her tapascharyA and worship of BhAGAVan VishNU, she came back as SitA, also to contribute to destruction of RAvaNa who tried to chide her as VedavatI.

When NArAyaN came here as BAlAjI (none other than Gopal KRshNa Himself), LakshmI devi appeared as PAdmAvatI.

We have to understand that Shri is composite. BhagavAn's shaktI that twists and turns and swirls, twirls and blends.

Govinda Govinda GopAlA
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Namaste Smaranam ji

I think she is referred as Vedavalli in south India but that's not important for this discussion.

If Lakshmi stays on the chest of Venkatachalapathi (Thirumala) then who is Padmavathi?

Sreeman Naaraayan decends as Shree Venkatachalapathi to marry Shree Padmavathi but why she had to stay at Alamelu Mangapuram (Thiruchanoor) and not Thirumala ?

Legends on Shree Venkatachalapathi is not clear.

If you know the correct source of information on Shree Lakshmi, Shree Vedavati, Shree Sita, Shree Padmavathi let me know.

Thanks in advance....

Quote Originally Posted by smaranam View Post
    Namaste
    Did you mean VedavatI? as opposed to Vedavalli?
    SitA was VedavatI in a previous birth. Due to Her tapascharyA and worship of BhAGAVan VishNU, she came back as SitA, also to contribute to destruction of RAvaNa who tried to chide her as VedavatI.

When NArAyaN came here as BAlAjI (none other than Gopal KRshNa Himself), LakshmI devi appeared as PAdmAvatI.

We have to understand that Shri is composite. BhagavAn's shaktI that twists and turns and swirls, twirls and blends.

Govinda Govinda GopAlA
    Anirudh...

The below link explain a lot about Venkateshwara yet the link between Vedavati, Sita, and Padmavathi is not clear.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_of_Tirumala
    Anirudh...

Quote Originally Posted by Anirudh View Post
    If Lakshmi stays on the chest of Venkatachalapathi (Thirumala) then who is Padmavathi?
    Namaste,
    Lakshmi is a tattva. Shri is a tattva. Sita, RukmiNi, PadmAvati, Vedavati, RAdhA, LalitA etc. are Her manifestations.

Then again, acc. to GauDIya VaishNav paramparA(tradition), RAdhA is the Highest Shri and the fountainhead of all Lakshmis. Here, although Radha is a Person, She is also a tattva. She represents something - prema.

If you notice, in the Gopi Geet also, the Gopis refer to KRshNa as the Lord and consort of Shri Lakshmi -- referenced as "IndirA" -- Gopi Geet verse 1, Shrimad BhAgvat Canto 10

Gopis further say "Please place Your hand (kara kamala) that holds the hand of Shri or Lakshmi (KamalA) , on our heads [so as to bless us]. So the Gopis or even RukmiNi do not think themselves to be Lakshmi or Shri, but rever that Lakshmi that always resides on Shri KRshNa's vaksha-sthaLa (chest) because He is Narayan, VishNu, the all-pervading Lord of the multi-verse.

However, VaishNav Acharya tell us all of Shri KRshNa's mahisI (queens) and gopi-friends are Lakshmis

This is how Lakshmi has to be understood, and what can also help is the Bhagvad Gita verse KRshNa sings to Arjun -- Chapter 10 -- VibhUti Yog
    "Anything that you find sparkles, has splendour, exibits brilliance, radiance, glamour, beauty, good qualities, shines out, stands out is coming from ME" -- this is His Shri, PrabhA, vibhA, and He is VibhU.

Sreeman Naaraayan decends as Shree Venkatachalapathi to marry Shree Padmavathi but why she had to stay at Alamelu Mangapuram (Thiruchanoor) and not Thirumala ?
    Why did Vitthal stand on the ViT (brick) for 28 yugas?
    Why did Radha have to stay back in GokuL while KRshNa had to go to Mathura on a major mission?
    Why did Sita have to live in the forest in separation of Shri RAm Her Beloved Lord?

AvatArs have a purpose, a mission, which is most selfless. They come here to do what they have planned to do for the living beings.

Legends on Shree Venkatachalapathi is not clear.
    I guess you will have to research sthaLa purANs and the 108 divya deshams or the ALwar compositions. You have the plus of knowing TamiL otherwise I heard Shri Vellukudi Swami was translating the works into English expected to be published by December.

Also, like I said, Vedavati is a previous birth of Sita. Since Vedavati who was worshipping VishNu as her husband (tapascharyA) burned Herself yogically due to Ravan's misbehaviour, She came back as Sita and played a role in his destruction.

Thanks in advance....
    You are most welcome in case that was of help.

idam te vapul nAtha gopAla bAlam
    sadA me manasi avilastam kim anyay
    Last edited by smaranam; 10 October 2014 at 09:08 PM.
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Thread Information