Thread: Namaste

Namaste

I am 38 yr old Indian male residing in Pune, India. Brought up in a middle class family environment, I was fortunate to be blessed with loving parents. I was even fortunate to be blessed with a father who was quite spiritual in his lookout, had a firm 'shraddha' in GOD.

I was drawn to spirituality by a long period of 'Vishad' in my professional and personal life. As it usually happens, these events proved to be a blessing in disguise, with I being 'accidently' introduced to Bhagavad Geeta. I have been regularly reading spiritual articles / books for over 11 years now. These have been my strength in turbulence and given me the depth to tide over the storms.

One primary reason for me to join this forum is to get to know thoughts (and share mine) on applying spiritual practices in daily life. While I am drawn to the scriptures and keen to apply their teachings in daily life, the outside world that we live in, poses challenges in this regard. From the respected members of this forum I wanted to get to know their experiences and thoughts in this regard.

Thank you for this opportunity.

Re: Namaste

Quote Originally Posted by surrenderindailylife View Post
    I am 38 yr old Indian male residing in Pune, India. Brought up in a middle class family environment, I was fortunate to be blessed with loving parents. I was even fortunate to be blessed with a father who was quite spiritual in his lookout, had a firm 'shraddha' in GOD.

I was drawn to spirituality by a long period of 'Vishad' in my professional and personal life. As it usually happens, these events proved to be a blessing in disguise, with I being 'accidently' introduced to Bhagavad Geeta. I have been regularly reading spiritual articles / books for over 11 years now. These have been my strength in turbulence and given me the depth to tide over the storms.

One primary reason for me to join this forum is to get to know thoughts (and share mine) on applying spiritual practices in daily life. While I am drawn to the scriptures and keen to apply their teachings in daily life, the outside world that we live in, poses challenges in this regard. From the respected members of this forum I wanted to get to know their experiences and thoughts in this regard.

Vannakkam: Welcome to HDF. You are indeed correct that we need to apply the philosophy to daily life. I think if you browse the forums, there are a few places where that kind of thing has been discussed. Best wishes.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste surrenderindailylife,

Welcome to HDF: I recently learnt that, in India you start counting at 1 years on the day of birth, so that on the first birthday we are 2; Making me 38 just like you! If I'm not mistaken.

Welcome.

praNAma

mana

What a wonderful and truly glorious conceptual mode of action you have taken focus on! It is of the utmost importance for true progress in dharma for all of us to apply in everyday life the lofty principles which are the eternal truths of the beloved Sanatana Dharma. This can be simplified down into the seemingly most basic of actions reflecting a certain aspect of dharma, particularly through the various yogas, yamas, and niyamas. Yet, it can also go much deeper than that, all the way to the level where quite literally every action or seemingly inaction of your consciousness is being in accordance with the laws of the universe and the nature of the ultimate Brahman. The highest realization that is, and in that direction we are all headed. Yet, it is important to take time everyday and think and apply dharma in everyday life to the best of our ability. In my experience, I have found Maha Ganapati to be of much help and guidance in such undertakings.

Jai Sri Ganesh!
    Sanatana Dharma ki Jai!
    Jai Hanuman

Quote Originally Posted by surrenderindailylife View Post

Welcome to the forums, I must say a very nice introduction to yourself.
    What is Here, is Elsewhere. What is not Here, is Nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Mana View Post

Welcome to HDF: I recently learnt that, in India you start counting at 1 years on the day of birth, so that on the first birthday we are 2; Making me 38 just like you! If I'm not mistaken.

Welcome.

praNAma

mana
    This ain't true anymore
    What is Here, is Elsewhere. What is not Here, is Nowhere.

Namaste sm78,

Thank you for the clarification!

A year gone; that was the fastest year of my life.

Hehe...

praNAma

mana

Thread Information