om namo bhagavate vAsudevAya ~
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Re: God in Hindu Dharma

Quote Originally Posted by smaranam View Post
    praNAm

This is GOD IN HINDU DHARMA

om namo bhagavate vAsudevAya ~
    Namaste smaranam.

Are you quite okay there? what happened?

Nah, I know what happened there.

All one can say about that is...

HAR HAR MAHADEV!!!

Aum Namah Shivaya

Smaranam ji,

Possessed with divine intoxication for Vasudeva....? He is a 'chor', he has taken away your heart!!!
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Would someone let God know that the butter in my household has suddenly gone missing? I have no idea who could have taken it....
    Philosoraptor

"Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something." - Plato

Quote Originally Posted by philosoraptor View Post
    Would someone let God know that the butter in my household has suddenly gone missing? I have no idea who could have taken it....
    Govinda must be why the butter went 'govinda'!! ('Govinda' also is used to refer to something that has gone missing...).

The heart went "GovindA!" years ago. In the material jagat, a thief will not be back in the same locality after a theft, out of fear of getting caught. With GovindA it is just the opposite.

If you spot GovindA in one corner of town and then read the headlines - that butter has gone "GovindA!" in another corner, I can understand the phenomenon.
    However, the thing is, the same ParaBramhan is here since yesterday as GaNesh

Regarding the butter from Philosoraptor's house, letting God know would be too naiive IMHO.
    First, the butter goes "GovindA!"
    Then you lodge a complaint in the court of ... Who? Isn't that our GOVINDA ? but I thought we were in Parameshwar's court. Wait a minute... GovindA is Parameshwar (God) ?! If you go to Vraja and report this no one will believe you. At least YashodA wouldn't...

GOVINDA!!
    Last edited by smaranam; 10 September 2013 at 09:39 AM.

Krishna would protest His innocence even if the butter were smeared all over His face, His hands, and His feet, with Krishna-sized butter footprints all over the floor.
    Philosoraptor

"Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something." - Plato

Was going to add something on those lines but skipped it, for unknown reason - now I know - because you were to put that in a better way. (The antaryami never ceases to amaze me).
    This is why "letting God know" is the naivety trap.

Radha hamari bholi bhali. He makes the most of the 'bholepan' of the VrajavAsis...G O V I N D A!

Quote Originally Posted by philosoraptor View Post
    Krishna would protest His innocence even if the butter were smeared all over His face, His hands, and His feet, with Krishna-sized butter footprints all over the floor.
    or distract from the real issue by showing cosmos inside His mouth or encountering a demon etc....

An interesting narration from VijayTV's bhakti Thiruvizha:

Krishna goes into the house of a gopi when she is not around, steals butter and has it. While he has finished it, the gopi returns back, she is furious actually as the butter thief has finished her butter one more day and is standing right there! She grabs hold of his hand and says (with love but hiding it), "Hey you! Butter thief! How can I punish you? Now I heard you are good at dancing, dance for me until I say 'finish' for the butter you had!". Now the butter thief starts dancing, but within a short while he stops, and the gopi says, "Why did you stop?", And Krishna replies "That's all the dancing that is worth for the amount of butter you had, Auntie!". The gopi controlling her laughter, offers him some more butter and asks him to dance again. And Sri Krishna does...

Thread Information