Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Question about Meat, Alcohol, and Sex

Re: Question about Meat, Alcohol, and Sex

There was a poem I remember from my childhood called "Children Learn What They Live"

We should walk peacefully beside the paths of cultures, be they a minority or majority. These other cultures may use drugs, eat meat, and drink. This is each persons choice, not ours. (unless it's our child in our home:P)...Again we can allow others to define us, or define who we are not. Even as adults we make such decisions everyday.

Sometimes it's not that we are following something we were shown by the "oppressive christian morality machine"...it's because of example?

Because Children learn what they live...even on the forum.

The girl begs others to understand this message of moderation. The Mother, she has become, hugs you all for reading.<3

I could only suffer this truth for a moment to exist in front of me.
    Last edited by NayaSurya; 20 June 2010 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by devotee View Post

When knowledge about this religion in general is so poor in the west, posts like yours can do irreparable damage to young minds. It can justify their bad habits & lead them to doom.
    Post like mine, you mean postings that allows Hindus and non hindus to have darshan of the sacred murti of Svetabhairava and that contain some facts about ancient shaiva and shakta customs, sacrifices and festivals of nepali hindus regarding Shiva, Durga, Bhairava and Kali will lead people to doom?

Praising Christianity, the "Avatar" Jesus the "holy" Bible and the Prophet of "God" Mohammmed and the "holy" Quran while spewing hate on your fellow Hindus if they are devoted to other devatas like Sveta Bhairava and Dakshinkali, using customs you disapprove of, that is wholesome?

I disagree I think it is this attitude of divison and intolerance Hindus show towards each other while having only praise for the abrahamic religions is what leads us to doom.
    Last edited by MahaHrada; 19 June 2010 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NayaSurya View Post

Kasmiri Saivism speaks of freewill...which goes both ways. Free will to chose not to is just as valid as the choosing to.

We should walk peacefully beside the paths of cultures, be they a minority or majority. These other cultures may use drugs, eat meat, and drink. This is each persons choice, not ours.
    The 3 M alcohol meat and sexual union are at the heart of Kashmir Shaivaism. Kashmir Shaivaism is Trika Kaula Tantra. There is no "Kashmir Shaivaism" without the use of at least some of these substances. Kashmir was one of the main centres of Kaula and Vamachara Tantra. It doesn&#180;t make sense at all to mention a darshana that insists that at least wine must be present in every sacrifice, in support of criticising meat eating and use of alcohol. Wine is the Shakti, it is Bhairava, according to Kashmir Shaiva Darshana. Abhinavagupta wrote in Tantraloka:
    Alkohol is the supreme shakti, wine is said to be Bhairava. The self is turned into liquid form since Bhairava is great hearted.
    Last edited by MahaHrada; 19 June 2010 at 11:42 AM.

It was a call for moderation...and my story is one of not moderation.

It was a call for every path to walk without criticizing others and to focus on their own highly individual path.

Again free will means to choose. Yes or no. Which means there is a no, and there is a yes...and they exist together in the name of freewill.

This life story wasn't an example of drinking for worship. It was about the Godless.

To show that sometimes it isn't the christian morality driving us to make a decision, it's our own parents.

This story above was a plea:

Please do not take up arrows for one the who walks beside you.

For He is Siva...all are.

Edited to add: If the day arrived that the Beloved saw me fit to return to the Mother, India...and I was offered such things in the name of Siva. I would accept a small amount.

As long as this body does not have a severe allergy to it such as I do to milk...then I would do so. I had to turned down offering at Temple because of my allergy to milk. I will turn it down again if offered. Milk makes me violently ill. But it doesn't make me less of a devotee that I had to do this. It kept me from vomitting in Siva's place of worship.

5. Cool Re: Question about Meat, Alcohol, and Sex

All Non-Veg and Alcholic products, unnatural sex is strictly prohobited in hinduism.

The Do and Don't is already provided in Vedas, no need for asking others

It was a call for moderation...and my story is one of not moderation.

It was a call for every path to walk without criticizing others and to focus on their own highly individual path.

Again free will means to choose. Yes or no. Which means there is a no, and there is a yes...and they exist together in the name of freewill.

This life story wasn't an example of drinking for worship. It was about the Godless.

To show that sometimes it isn't the christian morality driving us to make a decision, it's our own parents.

This story above was a plea:

Please do not take up arrows for one the who walks beside you.

For He is Siva...all are.
    There are no arrows implied, only the facts do not match, there was no choice with regard to acceptance of wine in trika kaula dharma. In Tantraloka Abhinavagupta wrote that if there is only a slight hesitation, when the sacrifical mixture was offered, the person is to be dumped immediately (treated like a stone) and can not be accepted as a disciple. I am not emotional about this topic at all it is just a few scraps of information i present.

Good there are no such arrows, as I respect your choice and fully support it. But, even as I type this, I realize there is no need for my support or anyone elses, as your path is yours wholey.

Strive on.

Oh and did say if I were to be given such things I would take without question. The only things which cause me to hesitate in such a way are white offerings because they usually have much milk content.

I have turned down sweet milk offering, because this vessel is severely allergic to it.

Good there are no such arrows, as I respect your choice and fully support it. But, even as I type this, I realize there is no need for my support or anyone elses, as your path is yours wholey.

Strive on.
    Its not about me i am not drinking alkohol eating meat or using drugs or having sex. I am discussing topics not private likes or dislikes.

Try sharing sometimes, it's very goodly.

Seeing yourself through the eyes of others can be very good.

It can make you once again say...I am not like them, or then again you can find yourself saying...I am much like them.

The forum has helped me learn more than any book I have in my possession. Because of people like You, Devotee, Yajvan, EM, Everyone! (even TTA:P)...all of your blessed pieces of Divine.

I have learned much about who I am and who I am not and most importantly...who I want to be.<3

Thread Information