Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ganguli's Mahabharata

Re: Ganguli's Mahabharata

Quote Originally Posted by realdemigod View Post
    I tried reading it online but it gets boring after sometime reading just English words on screen after screen..have to go check Gita Press edition in Hindi and also waiting for TTD's publication in 14 or 15 volumes ..very comprehensive ones in Telugu though
    Is the TTD one being planned with an English translation? That would be awesome.
    Philosoraptor

"Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something." - Plato

Quote Originally Posted by realdemigod View Post
    Sahasranama, I believe Gita press delivers overseas as well..and I'm also thinking of buying first volume and read and see how is it..before I buy the rest
    I don't have very good experience with Gita Press' costumer service, but I have requested vedicbooks.net to include the Mahabharata in six volumes with Sanskrit text and Hindi translations to their catalog and they were very kind to do so. I made this request more than a year ago, but have not placed the order yet. I should do this soon.

btw. What does TTD stand for?

Quote Originally Posted by Sahasranama View Post
    I don't have very good experience with Gita Press' costumer service, but I have requested vedicbooks.net to include the Mahabharata in six volumes with Sanskrit text and Hindi translations to their catalog and they were very kind to do so. I made this request more than a year ago, but have not placed the order yet. I should do this soon.

btw. What does TTD stand for?
    I assume he was referring to Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams. They do publish good books from time to time.
    Philosoraptor

"Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something." - Plato

Yes, it's Tirumala Tirupathi Devasthanam

philosoraptor - I think they would publish in Telugu only since it is Andhra Mahabharatam composed by Kavitrayam (Nannayya, Tikkana, Yerrapradaga). I wasn't aware when they released the first batch in 2006 and now desperately waiting for next batch . I need to read it complete before I die

But if you are looking for English edition Ganguli's is the only version I know of which is worth reading.
    ॐ महेश्वराय नमः

|| Om Namo Bhagavate Rudraya ||

Hara Hara Mahadeva Shambo Shankara

I have gotten this link from an email, there is an bhakti channel from Tirumala Tirupathi Devasthanam which can also be viewed online: http://www.yupptv.com/svbc_channel_live.html

There is a class on the Bhagavad Gita every Mon-Wed at 10:00-10:30 IST. The class is in Telugu and Sanskrit. Looks interesting.
    Last edited by Sahasranama; 13 June 2012 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by philosoraptor View Post
    How can one obtain Ganguli's translation as an eText? I have an App that is basically Ganguli's translation but I would prefer to get it as an e-Book.

Hi,I have posted the entire translation on my online library in pdf format.
    namastE astu bhagavan vishveshvarAya mahAdevAya tryaMbakAya|
    tripurAntakAya trikAgnikAlAya kAlAgnirudrAya nIlakaNThAya mRtyuJNjayAya sarveshvarAya sadAshivAya shrIman mAhAdevAya ||

Om shrImAtrE namah

sarvam shrI umA-mahEshwara parabrahmArpaNamastu

A Shaivite library
    http://www.scribd.com/HinduismLibrary

Thread Information