Thread: Dear Krishna, save me from your followers

Dear Krishna, save me from your followers

Namaste
    As an mind developed in Christian America, what attracted me to sanatana dharam(The ETERNAL religion) is that God is changless and universal to all beings. Everywhere, even possible aliens, or plants)

Yet there are groups who encourage sectarianism by superimposing a limited image onto God. Not by any means is this against murthi worship, but who cares how you imagine Isvara. Girl, Guy,half animal, Brahma, Allah, Krishna Shiva Devi, Christ, and all the other deities, are the same God interpreted through different minds.

God is God, we pray to God, God is the sole artist of Creation.

This is what is so beautiful and attractive to Westerners and other non Indians. But many Hindus ,mostly Krishna people, preach this supreme personality of Gos philosophy which equates to my God is better than yours.
    That is sad that's not the Hindu way my Bramin/Guru taught me.
    "Names and forms are like bangles and braclets and Vishnu is like the Gold." - Adi Shankara

Re: Dear Krishna, save me from your followers

Quote Originally Posted by the sadhu View Post
    Namaste
    As an mind developed in Christian America, what attracted me to sanatana dharam(The ETERNAL religion) is that God is changless and universal to all beings. Everywhere, even possible aliens, or plants)
    That's too bad for you. You as an outsider do not define Hinduism as it is based on your likes and dislikes.

Dear sadhu.,

This is one of the most baffling question for even the people who are very familiar with the vedic culture whether form is a limitation or having no form MUST be the ultimate reality. Just like your title of the message goes, there are many who even though believe in "formless" end up worshiping a "form" under the idea of ISTA devatha not realizing such worship with out understanding is "dangerous" and misleading.

What is the rational basis why you MUST have to think or agree or dictate that, "FORM" is a limitation if at all, you are aware such FORM of Lord is not made of Prakriti and that is not subjected to any changes as well as that is made of Jnana and posses something very special called "Vishesha" that will keep the distinction of having no difference between the attributes of the Form! ( A form being very unique and special in itself has to be remembered before challenging such form as a limitation isn't?).

What you have chosen is your choice that is totally dependent on your level of awareness, level of understanding and capacity to understand in this life time and of course, acknowledging that it is very natural that different degrees of knowledge satisfy people with different level of awareness and knowledge! Choosing what satisfy you is not always absolute!

Hare Krshna!

Om
    Namaste

Dear Sadhu,

The paths we follow are very lonely. It is my karma and my destiny. Outside noises are there as we have in our normal life. Some of these noises are music to our ears. This varies from person to person.

We filter out or ignore the noises and focus on the musics. The life goes on through remebrances of the music only. Noises make no marks on our mind.

Thus is this spiritual journey. The noises are there constantly. Some noises are music or aligned to our thinking - we like those. Some do not match - noises. Need to ignore. The spiritual journey is on.

So do not let the noises bother you my brother. Move on. The noises - as apparent - may be music to others. So do not have grudge - all are fellow beings.

At somepoint of the journey - more of the noises will become music - thus further we move - more and more noises become music - and at one point it encompasses all. Nothing is outside. all fit into the scheme of nature.
    Love and best wishes:hug:

Namaste
    Dear Krishna, save me from your followers
    As an mind developed in Christian America..
    That is sad that's not the Hindu way my Bramin/Guru taught me.
    Hare Krsna,
    I don't see any Krsna "followers" bothering you. But I see many of your posts bothering Krsna followers. May I ask, why is this? What is behind this relentless campaign to demonize ISKCON and related Gaudiya Vaishnav groups?

If no one here is bothering you personally, then why are you bothered? If you don't agree with some sampradaya interpretations, why not preach the positive converse of what you actually believe rather than play the condemning game? As for your "brahmin" guru, if he is at pains to emphasize his status over others, and that be some sort of exclusivism, and a rejection of the Gaudiya Vaishnav sampradaya, then it is I who feel sorry for both him and you.
    uttama hañā vaiṣṇava habe nirabhimāna
    jīve sammāna dibe jāni' 'kṛṣṇa'-adhiṣṭhāna

"Although a Vaiṣṇava is a most exalted person, he is prideless and gives
    all respect to everyone, knowing everyone to be the resting place of Kṛṣṇa."
    -Śrī Caitanya Caritāmṛta Antya 20.25

This is what is so beautiful and attractive to Westerners and other non Indians. But many Hindus ,mostly Krishna people, preach this supreme personality of Gos philosophy which equates to my God is better than yours.
    Dear Friend,
    This is mostly an INTERNET phenomenon. Trust me, in most Hindu societies, people are completely non-sectarian. Even if they follow a particular sect, they do not impose their beliefs on others. I have lived in 3 different states of India in first 26 years of my life and no body was interested in imposing sectarian values. I am from a vaishnav family but we worship all Hindu Devi-Devtas with same respect. Of course we may love one god more or less but we respect all of them equally. You should not get perturbed by what others say. Hinduism is diverse and that is the beauty of this philosophy. We can not impose our thoughts on others. Listen to others but don't get hurt by them. I was also a bit concerned about sect thing a few years ago, but with time I realized that it is only internet warriors who try to impose sectarian thoughts. No need to panic, just concentrate on what you love about dharma.

So do not let the noises bother you my brother. Move on. The noises - as apparent - may be music to others. So do not have grudge - all are fellow beings.
    This !
    When the light has risen, there is no day, no night, neither existence nor non-existence; Siva alone is there. That is the eternal, the adorable light of Savitri, - and the ancient wisdom proceeded thence (Svetasvatara Upanishad IV-18). :)

Namaste, the Bramins defined Hinduism just fine, they are Indian btw, racist.
    God is infinite , but is beyond philosophical doctrines.

Isvara is the object manifestation, but the idea is arrogant that God manifests better for anyone. All Gods manifestations as deities are equal.

Ill say the same thing I said to the Christian evangelicals.
    God is all powerful, and has created all beings. So how ignorant is it to say my way of praying to God isn't as good as the way you worship God.

The Zulu man in Africa
    The Pope in Rome
    The the Muslim in Mecca

Are all praying to that same Eternal Krishna, but they all have different styles of doing so.

its our own close mindedness that has caused most if not all wars.
    Pranam
    "Names and forms are like bangles and braclets and Vishnu is like the Gold." - Adi Shankara

Namaste,

Namaste, the Bramins defined Hinduism just fine, they are Indian btw, racist.
    Pranam
    Say what? This kind of comment will get you thrown out of HDF. Please be careful.
    satay

hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    Namaste,
    Please be careful.
    My views on this matter (which is neither here nor there) are offered in the following posts:

http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=4523

http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=4475

iti śiva
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Thread Information