Thread: Hindus getting brutally attacked in Bangladesh

Hindus getting brutally attacked in Bangladesh

Namaste members,

We already know about brutal persecution that Hindus have faced from Muslims in last 1200 years, but even today in world of communication and human rights (?), Hindus are frequently attacked and killed in Bangladesh. This has been a story of systematic persecution of Hindus and message is clear, these cowards do not want to stop till they have 100% Muslim population. A fresh wave of attack is going on in Bangladesh and nobody is bothered. Neither Indian politicians nor the united nations. Just feel disgusted by the actions of these losers. They don't have any trust in their religion so they resort to violence and murder.

It has been a long period of 43 years. Yet Hindus in Bangladesh remain vulnerable to attacks by anti-liberation forces.
    Hundreds of Hindu families who fled their homes following post-poll violence in different districts on Sunday are scared to return as the administration could not ensure their security.
    As soon as the voting ended on Sunday afternoon, BNP and Jamaat-Shibir men looted, vandalised and burned Hindu houses in Thakurgaon, Dinajpur, Rangpur, Bogra, Lalmonirhat, Rajshahi, Chittagong and Jessore.
    The raids remind many of the atrocities by the Pakistani occupation forces and their collaborators in 1971.
    “We left our house in 1971 as the Pakistan army and razakars set fire to our village. And we are passing through the same ordeal in 2014,” lamented Bishwajit Sarkar of Malopara village in Abhaynagar, Jessore.

Locals said they had called police, ruling Awami league leaders and the administration over the mobile phones but nobody came to help. Police were seen after 9:00pm, when it was all over.
    Our Thakurgaon correspondent, during a visit yesterday afternoon found about twelve hundred people from five hundred Hindu families of Gopalpur village sheltered at a temple of Iscon (International Society for Krishna Consciousness).
    Following a clash between Awami League and BNP supporters that left one dead and a few hundred injured, Jamaat-BNP men with sharp weapons, sticks and iron rods attacked Hindus and other Awami League supporters.
    Our Dinajpur correspondent reports, at least 350 houses and 50 shops of five villages, including Pritampara, Sahapara, Profullahpara, Telipara, Madhabpara and Ajaypara of Kornai village under were damaged, set ablaze and looted.

According to locals, around 2,000 Jamaat-Shibir men armed with sharp weapons and sticks launched the attack at Kornai village around 5:30pm Sunday.
    “My house was set on fire. All my valuables were burnt to ashes,” said Fonibala Roy, wife of Santosh Chandra Roy. She showed our correspondent the gutted books of her daughter, an SSC examinee this year.

Several hundred Hindu men, women and children fled after the attack.
    Iqbalur Rahim, lawmaker-elect of Dinajpur-3, visited some of the affected areas yesterday and asked people not to leave as the government would secure their safety.
    In Chittagong too, Hindus are under threat following attacks on Sunday night in Satkania, Loahagara and Banshkhali upazilas, considered Jamaat-Shibir strongholds.
    http://www.thedailystar.net/hindus-under-threat-5781
    When the light has risen, there is no day, no night, neither existence nor non-existence; Siva alone is there. That is the eternal, the adorable light of Savitri, - and the ancient wisdom proceeded thence (Svetasvatara Upanishad IV-18). :)

Re: Hindus getting brutally attacked in Bangladesh

Namaste Isavasya,

This is so saddening. I have been keeping up with the dire state of Hindus in Pakistan, but Bangladesh is just as bad.

I have signed petitions to US lawmakers urging them to do more to protect the rights of Hindus overseas. However, everybody has their own agenda. How ironic that the US denied Sri Narendra Modi entry into the country for "violations of religious freedom", but they channel millions and millions of dollars to Pakistan and Bangladesh, countries which are systematically eliminating Hindus.

I know not what else I can do but pray. I pray to Bharat Mata that her children may live freely in their own lands. Pakistan and Bangladesh are not officially part of India, but they are still part of Bharat Mata, and always will be.

I am especially disappointed with the lack of action by the United Nations. There was a recent report about the Christian domination of the United Nations. Of course these massacres are done by Muslims, but it is still relevant because the report specifically stated that Hinduism is underrepresented in the UN.
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...ristian-report

Jai Sri Ram
    Sanatana Dharma ki Jai!
    Jai Hanuman

Hare Krsna,

The underlying issues are complex. People should look at the hands manipulating "religion" for political agendas. Islam is being blamed in media since 9-11. Now, after a decade, people are more skeptical of the official media stories being told, and the dubious military venture which America launched. The same hands are at work even in Bangladesh and Pakistan, and with deliberate agenda to destabilize India. This is not any justification of Islamic extremism, but merely comment that simply to blame Islam, leads one away from understanding... since Islam itself is being manipulated by very sophisticated and wealthy power brokers.

Please note from the linked article: "Hindus under threat: Hundreds leave home in panic as Jamaat-BNP-led post-polls terror strikes them in several districts." Here is another article which puts an interesting light on the subject:
    Jamaat-e-Islami: The Cradle of Islamic Extremism
    "The Jamaat-e-Islami was founded in British India in 1941 by Abu-ala-Maududi who remained its Amir (chief) till 1972. He is considered to be the chief ideologue of the party and all Jamaat members are expected to study his writings...
    Over time, he hoped that the group would be able to Islamize the entire society after which the Jamaat would push for an Islamic state. The headquarters of the Jamaat-e-Islami is called “Mansoora”, which is located in Lahore, Pakistan...

Maududi’s sentence was commuted and subsequent to commutation, his book, Islam and Communism, was picked up, reprinted and distributed allegedly by CIA over the Muslim world. The idea was to use Maududian extremism to stiffen resistance against Soviet expansionism. It is therefore ironic that the Jamaat-e-Islami, Maududi’s enduring creature, which in 1977 received funds from quarters in the US to overthrow the increasingly pro-Soviet Bhutto in Pakistan, is today the bastion of anti-west. Wonders never cease."
    http://mukto-mona.com/wordpress/?p=2625
    It was the British who backed partition plan and armed and set Muslim radicals into police positions to stage their "coup." As it is the Western power brokers, conglomerates, corporations, British institutional monarchy and USA which continue the same in new version. If you strip away face of modern terrorism, you will reveal Islamic extremism more often than not. But if you evaluate closely, the West is the hand in the glove of that puppet.

So the real enemy, isn't some backwards, semi-illiterate, radicalized idealogues... but the psychopathic power brokers who sit in seats of real power and buy the complicity of Indian, Bangladeshi and Pakistani politicians.
    Prabhupada: Yes, everyone is in darkness. If you can make propaganda, the people will be misled. That is not very difficult. Just like from Russia, nobody is communist. But it is going on--the Russia is communist country. I have studied thoroughly. Nobody is communist. Maybe a few only. But it is going on by propaganda that Russia is a communist country. The people in general, they are forced to accept it. That book was written by some man, terrorism. It is terrorism. That's it. By force. Nobody accepts this communist philosophy, I have studied... What is this? Simply suppressing. Everyone is unhappy. Which way? This way? This is their position. I have seen it directly. And as soon as one is suspected that he is doing otherwise, he will be sent to some unknown camp. Nobody knows where he has gone...
    Prabhupada: Yes. Terrorism. This Communism means terrorism.
    -[Srila Prabhupada Morning Walk May 8, 1975, Perth]

Prabhupada: Americans want this place to fight with the Russians. So if American comes directly in India, that "We want to fight," then India would not agree. Therefore they're keeping with these foolish rascals, Pakistan. And they're insulting. They're... Not insulting. They're naturally enemy of... not to let them... The Vietnam and everything, Korea, all these things. Not to allow the communists to become very powerful. That is American political policy is going on. And the presidents may change, but the national policy cannot be changed. Therefore they want fighting between Pakistan and India..."
    -[Srila Prabhupada Room Conversation April 4, 1975, Mayapur]

Prabhupada: Your country, America, is very much eager to kill these Communists. And the Communists are also very eager.
    So very soon there will be war.
    And perhaps India will be the greatest sufferer.

Tamala Krsna: Greatest...?
    Devotees: Sufferer.
    Srutakirti: Sufferer.
    Prabhupada: Because America is aiming to start the war from India.

( S.P. Morning Walk Conversation (World War III) April 4, 1975, Mayapur)
    So, communism has fallen in Russia, but please note: "That is American political policy is going on. And the presidents may change, but the national policy cannot be changed." Even as the Presidents and even Russian system changes, the National policy of exhausting every resource to defeat the other, remains. Even today America is fighting proxy wars with Russia, as in Syria, and over Iran. The basic conflict between Russia and America remains, with China as a side player. Communist Russia moved to predatory capitalism to survive. Predatory capitalist America is now moving to communistic police state to maintain control. It is a grand dance of delusion. They became mirror opposites of each other.

"It is also a fact that America is too democratic at home to be autocratic abroad. This limits the use of America's power, especially its capacity for military intimidation. Never before has a populist democracy attained international supremacy... Democracy is inimical to imperial mobilization."
    -(Zbigniew Brzezinski, the Grand Chessboard p.35)
    Zbigniew Brzezinski, counselor and guide to several US Presidents including Reagan (under whom he placed in power, the Taliban) as well as Clinton (under whom he similarly built up al Qaeda so they could be used to thwart Russian interests and unleash a terrorism in places like Bosnia; and currently is an advisor to President Obama (who is building up Jihadi anti-Syrian forces, and used the same to topple the Libyan state, the Egyptian government, and maintain civil war in Iraq). The tactics seem to be the same, set up a conflict between two opposing forces, arm and train and fund both so that both sides weaken from attrition, and then to govern by proxy under colluding puppets who tolerate massive economic plunder and exploitation.
    "In fact, an Islamic revival - already abetted from the outside not only by Iran but also by Saudi Arabia - is likely to become the mobilizing impulse for the increasingly pervasive new nationalisms, determined to oppose any reintegration under Russian - and hence infidel - control." -(Zbigniew Brzezinski, the Grand Chessboard p. 133).
    "Brzezinski's book is sublimely arrogant. While singing the praises of the IMF and the World Bank, which have economically terrorized nations on every continent, and while totally ignoring the worldwide terrorist actions of the U.S. government that have led to genocide; cluster bombings of civilian populations from Kosovo, to Laos, to Iraq, to Afghanistan; the development and battlefield use of both biological and chemical agents such as Sarin gas; and the financial rape of entire cultures, it would leave the reader believing that such actions are for the good of mankind...

His fall was rapid after he realized that Brzezinski was part of a group intending to impose a world dictatorship. "In 1983/4 I warned of a take-over of world governments being orchestrated by these people. There was an obvious plan to subvert true democracies and selected leaders were not being chosen based upon character but upon their loyalty to an economic system run by the elites and dedicated to preserving their power." http://www.fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/zbig.html
    May every Dharmi make a concerted effort not to be manipulated into hatred by the games that demons play. Our focus should always be Vedic Sanathan Dharma. While Kshatriya Dharma is valid and right, it is never an aggressor. The goal is correctly to protect the lives and rights of innocents, never to offend Dharma by turning against them for the acquisition of things, as is part of degeneration cycle in Kali Yuga. This "expendability of innocents" is what characterizes the demoniac mentalities. Let it never be ours.

Just to oppose and fight manipulated and murderous religious extremists is not going to lead to protection. We have to oppose the entire demoniac mindset that makes so-called "Third-World Countries" expendable in the mentality of the West. If we stand for economic justice, equality and freedom, there will naturally be an attraction to cooperate, and persons from oppositional religions come to find some interest (I know as I have seen first-hand Muslims come to Hare Krsna temples with their whole families and even sing bhajans). It is possible. This is the message of Shri Shri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu for the Kali Yuga.

Of course you can't negotiate with a demon. But if you take a firm stand for justice, human beings will support you, because you support them. No one wants to live under the rule of demons and politicians who are fanatics, thieves and liars. The heart of humanity, I don't care what his background... will always be attracted to what is in the mode of goodness. In this way, we can be a force to purify the heart of the world. The asuric forces are too powerful to wage war on. We have to fight a different battle to defeat the pollution they implant within the mind that feeds on division and hatred.
    "He abused me, he beat me, he defeated me, he robbed me,"
    -In those who harbor such thoughts hatred will never cease.
    Hatred is never defeated by hatred. Hatred ceases by
    love, this is an eternal law."
    -Buddha, the Dhammapada

Ramesvara: The people in America that claim that the American government is controlled by Communists. They say that these big, big bankers, the very rich, rich people, that they are actually..., their theory is Communist government, or, not Communist, dictatorship, and that they are secretly manipulating.
    Prabhupada: What is their aim?
    Ramesvara: Power.
    Prabhupada: Power..., anyone who has got money, he has got power. That is open secret. What is the secret? (laughs) If you have got money, you have got all power.
    Ramesvara: They're very expert in making the people think that this is democracy and that the people have power. (static)
    Prabhupada: If you can purchase vote by paying money, then where is democracy?
    Prabhupada: Yes, money can buy. The real thing is money. That is stated in the Bhagavata. Money is the criterion in the Kali-yuga. [this degraded age of quarrel] If you have got money, then you don't require anything; you can purchase anything.
    Ramesvara: So there is this theory that there is a conspiracy all over the world that the rich men to control.

-[Srila Prabhupada Morning Walk, June 4, 1976, Los Angeles]
    Prabhupada: You should introduce coin, real money.
    Hari-sauri: Real gold coins. No paper.
    Prabhupada: Anyone has got money... It is fact. And what is this nonsense, keeping some paper and thinking he has got money? How cheating it is going on, from government's side. And therefore artificial inflation. You can print, so the price is increased. Because you haven't got to pay him real money, you print and pay him, and he will ask, "Give me this money. Then I'll supply." "All right, take." You print and pay....

Prabhupada: Everything I get. So I haven't got to go outside for exchange. If you are satisfied in your farm--I am satisfied--then where is question of exchange? There is no need of artificial... So this banking, "fanking," everything will collapse automatically. There is no money, who is going to keep money in the bank?
    Hari-sauri: Who needs it?
    Prabhupada: (laughs) So this artificial way of banking, that will be also collapsed.
    Hari-sauri: This is revolutionary.
    Ramesvara: It's very hard for the mind to...
    Prabhupada: No, simply do this.
    Ramesvara: Such a dramatic transformation of society.
    Prabhupada: Yes. Whatever it may be... We should be satisfied locally by our food, by our cloth, by our milk. That's all. Let the whole world go to hell. We don't care. If you want to save yourself also, you do this. Here is an example. If you want artificial life, city life, and hellish life, you do. But we shall live like this. This is the ideal life."
    -[Srila Prabhupada Room Conversation, January 21, 1977, Bhubaneswar]

A great war involving India is coming, planned for decades. At some future point, dharmis will become an example for the world to follow. The correct lifestyle, the correct balance of respect for life and nature will attract oppressed human beings radicalized by hatred, injustice and propaganda. But if the dharmis themselves become unjust, they won't have any satvic principles to appeal to anyone, not even own children. So please, no matter what happens, don't lose consciousness of righteousness and justice. Life is just a temporary test. Keep close to your heart those things which are eternal, love of Divine, who is all-pervading the materiality. Be in love with the soul of all and attract like honey the realms of suffering towards the realms of sweetness. Dharmis have the power to bring heaven consciousness here on earth. Goloka Vrindavana can be here, now. Where there is suffering, bring some light. Be the opposite of the demoniac persons and you will obtain an opposite result and help to usher in the revolution of righteousness (Dharma).

-please forgive my mistakes

Who is Zbigniew Brzezinski and what is his their plan for humanity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IV-NdXv4dg
    uttama hañā vaiṣṇava habe nirabhimāna
    jīve sammāna dibe jāni' 'kṛṣṇa'-adhiṣṭhāna

"Although a Vaiṣṇava is a most exalted person, he is prideless and gives
    all respect to everyone, knowing everyone to be the resting place of Kṛṣṇa."
    -Śrī Caitanya Caritāmṛta Antya 20.25

[Hindus getting brutally attacked in Bangladesh]

Way to go
    Anirudh...

Quote Originally Posted by Anirudh View Post
    [Hindus getting brutally attacked in Bangladesh]

Way to go
    Ah,the fate of my city

@ OP

India is in need of a Pushyamitra Shunga or Chanakya + Chandragupta combo
    "Only one is the fire,which is inflamed in numerous ways.Only one is the sun, which pervades the whole universe.Only one is the dawn,which illuminates all things. Similarly,all that exists is The One and it has manifested into everything here.”

~ Rg Veda 8.58.2

Bangladesh’s Radical Islamists Get U.S. Backing

In 1971, the U.S. abetted a genocide in Bangladesh—and it’s now siding with the radical Islamist culprits, who are fomenting the country’s latest political crisis.
    ( January 12, 2014, Dhaka, Sri Lanka Guardian) In 1971, the United States abetted a genocide in what is today Bangladesh. President Richard Nixon and his Secretary of State, Henry Kissinger, provided diplomatic and military succour to the Pakistan army and its Islamist allies as they slaughtered three million people, displaced ten million, and forced half a million Bengali women into sexual servitude. There has never been an apology from Washington. But 42 years after it got into bed with Islamist genocidaires in Bangladesh, the U.S. appears once again to be espousing their cause.

On Sunday, Bangladesh held the 10th general election since it became an independent state. The principal opposition—made up of the Bangladesh Nationalist Party and its chief ally, the Bangladesh Jamat-e-Islami, a clerical ensemble of alleged war criminals and aspiring theocrats—boycotted the vote. Their walkout was prompted by Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina’s refusal to transfer power to a caretaker administration. Yet in spite of their withdrawal the polls, being constitutionally mandatory, went ahead. The ruling Awami League party, without a formidable opposition, won in a landslide. But, far from being a perfunctory show, this election was the most violent in the country’s history. Eighteen people were slain as the opposition, having sworn to keep out, showed up on election day to deter people from exercising their franchise. Polling stations were torched, voters threatened not to step out of their homes, and volunteers of the Awami League were assaulted by mobs. The warriors of the Jamat expressed their “disaffection” by raiding the villages of feeble religious minorities. As one Bangladeshi commentator put it: “In its 42 years of existence, Bangladesh has never seen such violence. It seems like someone has just opened the gates of hell.”

Hasina’s decision not to vacate her office, in defiance of a recent convention, was a grievous mistake. Attempting to remedy it by pushing her to concede to the opposition as it stands now—which is what Washington and its allies are doing—would be suicidal for Bangladesh. The violence that has devoured parts of Bangladesh over the last week was not a spontaneous outburst by disgruntled democrats. It was a campaign of terror calibrated to delegitimize the election and generate chaos, invite a crackdown, depict Hasina as a tyrant to Western governments while weakening her at home, and ultimately halt Bangladesh’s arduous effort—initiated by Hasina—to achieve a sincere reconciliation with its past.

The opposition is afraid of the past because its revered members are culpable for some of the most agonizing memories it evokes. Thirteen battalions of mostly Bengali Islamists assisted the Pakistan army in carrying out the single largest massacre of Muslims since the birth of Islam—“a jihad against Hindu-corrupted Bengalis,” as one American witness to the events in 1971 in what was then East Pakistan called them. Kissinger and Nixon, having recruited Pakistan as a conduit in their effort to broker relations with Mao’s China, condoned the massacres. They told each other jokes about the killings. After independence, when East Pakistan established itself as Bangladesh, the new state gave itself a secular constitution. Sheikh Mujib, the father of the new nation, was fierce in the beginning. An act of parliament was passed in 1973 to set up a tribunal with jurisdiction to punish the perpetrators of the genocide. Two years later Mujib, along with almost every member of his family, was assassinated in a coup. Hasina, who was then living in Germany, survived. She was barred from entering the country. Gen. Ziaur Rahman, who took over the country in 1977, scrapped secularism and made “absolute trust and faith in the Almighty Allah” a fundamental feature of the constitution. When Rahman was assassinated in 1981, his wife, Khaleda Zia, took charge of his Bangladesh Nationalist Party. Islamists who a decade ago had slaughtered their compatriots in service of the Pakistan army became active once again in Bangladeshi politics.

There are no innocents in Bangladeshi politics and every politician is tainted by accusations of corruption. Yet Hasina, for the sheer resolve with which she combated the religious right, must rank among the most formidable women in recent history. At a time when Pakistan’s Benazir Bhutto was aiding the Taliban’s rise in Afghanistan, Hasina was taking on Islamists cut from the same ideological cloth as the Taliban. She overcame exile, survived assassination attempts, and rebuilt the Awami League. Her party, the secular alternative in Bangladesh, has provided a modicum of protection to religious minorities. In 2010, she revived the war crimes tribunal: nearly four decades after the crimes, a whiff of justice. Oddly, instead of welcoming the trials, some of the world’s leading Islamic leaders urged Hasina to drop them. President Recip Tayyip Erdogan of Turkey, the world’s leading authority on genocide denial, wrote to Hasina asking her to spare some of the convicts. But this was Bangladesh’s moment. Hundreds of thousands of young men and women poured into the streets of Dhaka, the Bangladeshi capital, demanding harsher punishments than the tribunal awarded.

Zia, in bed with the Islamists who were being dispatched to the gallows by the tribunal, found her appeal ebbing. Women are key drivers of growth in Bangladesh. The $12 billion garment industry is virtually dependent on their labour. But if Zia’s allies had their way, women would be forced out of the workforce and into the veil. At home, Zia’s “nationalist” outfit has supported men who are enemies of the Bengali nation. Abroad, Zia has vigorously projected herself as a victim. She has accused Hasina of suppressing democracy. But she’s hardly innocent: it’s her party which pulled out of the elections and forcibly stopped people from voting.

Now that elections are over, violence is the only instrument at Zia’s disposal. She and her allies will attempt to disrupt normal life to the point where the government will either have to assume authoritarian powers or negotiate with her. The status quo is untenable. Hasina will almost certainly dissolve the government and call fresh elections. But it’s important to grasp that democracy is not in peril in Bangladesh. Secularism is. Sanctions, now being contemplated in some capitals, will hurt ordinary Bengalis and assist the far right. They may reverse the gains of the previous half-decade. To get a sense of Hasina’s accomplishment during this time, consider these words by the author Salim Mansur: “a democratically elected government in a Muslim majority country for the first time in fourteen centuries of Arab-Muslim history arranged for, and brought to trial, Muslims charged with crimes against humanity.” Is there a leader in the contemporary Muslim world with a profile quarter as courageous as that?

Any attempt to interfere in Bangladesh’s affairs must begin with the realisation that Zia is not the victim. She is the force behind the unrest. Washington, given its awful history in Bangladesh, has a special obligation to ensure that it doesn’t, in the name of upholding democracy, end up once again giving succour to mass murderers and their political allies.
    http://www.srilankaguardian.org/2014...ts-get-us.html
    When the light has risen, there is no day, no night, neither existence nor non-existence; Siva alone is there. That is the eternal, the adorable light of Savitri, - and the ancient wisdom proceeded thence (Svetasvatara Upanishad IV-18). :)

Namaste, Isavasya:

I have a book recommendation that you might find very intriguing:

The Blood Telegram: Nixon, Kissinger, and a Forgotten Genocide by Gary J. Bass

Dear Sudas Bhai,

Thanks a ton for the link. I will definitely check this book when I get the time. Bangladesh is a country which interests me. That is because, unlike Pakistan, not everything is radical about Bangladesh. Well of course Hindus have been killed in Bangladesh as they have been in Pakistan, but there is a considerable segment of Bangladeshi population who want to see their country as secular. Though it is sad that they are losing the battle.
    Last edited by isavasya; 22 January 2014 at 07:32 PM.

They are reportung the attacks right now on 560 AM radio in San Francisco!

I am listening to the reports at this very moment - reports of Hindu "Goddess" temp,e aatack, Hindus being murdered.

Very bad! America now finding out.

Om Namah Sivaya

Thread Information