Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tulasi Kanthi & Japa Mala

Re: Tulasi Kanthi & Japa Mala

My decision to eventually give up eating meat of any kind: four-legged, poultry, seafood, was long in coming. I stopped this week, having taken what was in the refrigerator and put it in the freezer. Others can eat it if they wish. Smoking, alcohol, gambling ,etc. are not things I do anyway.

I think the only difficulty in going veg. is in stopping to think of what can and cannot be eaten, a learning process. It's not unlike today being Ekadasi. No grains, but potatoes are OK. But I won't get homefries from the cafeteria at work because they are fried in vegetable oil, which is soybean oil. You just have to stop and think. You may be hungry while you're learning what to eat and what not to eat, but isn't that part of the sacrifice?

I offered the kanthi mala to Lord Krishna, put it on and made my vow. I intend to uphold it. I feel Tulsidevi is watching over me, guiding me and reminding me of the vow I've taken: to dedicate myself to Lord Krishna in all possible ways.
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Quote Originally Posted by TouchedbytheLord View Post
    My decision to eventually give up eating meat of any kind: four-legged, poultry, seafood, was long in coming. I stopped this week, having taken what was in the refrigerator and put it in the freezer. Others can eat it if they wish. Smoking, alcohol, gambling ,etc. are not things I do anyway.

I think the only difficulty in going veg. is in stopping to think of what can and cannot be eaten, a learning process. It's not unlike today being Ekadasi. No grains, but potatoes are OK. But I won't get homefries from the cafeteria at work because they are fried in vegetable oil, which is soybean oil. You just have to stop and think. You may be hungry while you're learning what to eat and what not to eat, but isn't that part of the sacrifice?

I offered the kanthi mala to Lord Krishna, put it on and made my vow. I intend to uphold it. I feel Tulsidevi is watching over me, guiding me and reminding me of the vow I've taken: to dedicate myself to Lord Krishna in all possible ways.

JUST WONDERFUL!!
    MAY YOU GO FROM STRENGTH TO STRENGTH !
    WISHING YOU ALL THE BEST !
    J

Namaste jaswant, and thank you.
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

my dear friends before doing this you should understand vaishnab dharma properly. you people go to gurus and different gurus advise differently. you need not be member of iskon or gaudiya for practising vaishnabism. these iskon and gaodiyas misguide people .listen, chaitanya mahapravu taught the proper vaishnab dharma. mahapravu says there are two types of bhakta. one bidhi bhakta and other raganuga bhakta. you should realise what bidhi and raganuga bhakti are. what bidhi bhakta does to please sri krishna is out of fear of hell and as per shasra and what raganuga bhakta does is out of prem or bhakti and not according to sahsra. raganuga bhakta can offer bhakti without taking bath also . actually raganuga bhakta does not offer puja to bhagaban but go on thinking bhagaban in mind .mahapravu says in kalijug there is no mantra no yagya no sanyas no japa no tapa. this jap tap were practised during treta jug. mahapravu says you can not have bhagabat prem by practising any kind of jap tap etc that is bidhi marg which is nothing but total outward and no relation with mind . these gurus say by practising this outward bidhi dharma you will attain bhagabat prem either ihajanam or parajanam which misguide only. you know in gita also sri krishna never advocates this mantra yagya puja jap tap.i advise you when you will visit your gurudev next time you just ask him about bidhi dharma and rag dharma and if possible read sri chaitanya charitamrita. finally tulsi mala ok but nothing for its sancity or offering etc just srikrishna nam smaran karo and bind it and remember practice of religeon has nothing to do with food habit , in gita srikrishna says what is energetic and source of strength could be your food regardless of veg or nonveg . in true sense of the term there is no difference between veg or nonveg, food habit depends on climate and availability of products. north indian eat roti bengali eat rice fish due to regional prospective. if you eat veg and do harm to people by doing some kind of misdeed you will not be spared . so you can practise vaishnab dharma by eating nonveg also and help people by eating meat fish.

what i actually mean is that by having tilak in forehead and tulsi rounding neck and taking veg one does not become vaishnab. these outward symbols are all part of bidhi vakti by which you can not attain krishna prem. mahapravu says that gopi vaba is required for attaining krishna prem and you know gopi never offer puja , does not have tilak, not perform yajya not do jap with japamala nothing of the kind. what presentday vaishnab may be iskon or gaudiya does is not proper vaishnab tradition. you know what their istadev is ? it is gaur radha vinod jiu means mahapravu radha and srikrishna but they are same . mahapravu himself incarnation of radha and krishna. what is the need of separating one into three ?what iskon (gaudiya) does is a mixture of vedanta based bramyanya dharma that is offering puja,japa,tapa, yagya etc part of bidhi. if you want to understand vaishnab dharma properly you have to go through what mahapravu had discussion with ramananda rai in the chapter eight of madhya lila of sri chaitanya charitamrita. i am not afraid of hell . i do not try to lessen my sin ( pap) by going round tulsi. mere vaishnab impression like tilak, tulsimala and non veg are not sufficient to become vaishnab.to become true vaishnab one should follow what swarup damodar, ramananda rai, sarbavom pandit ,srirup used ti do. you know nityananda pravu used to wear diamond mani mukta as ornaments. but he was loved by mahapravu.
    Last edited by uttam; 23 October 2011 at 07:11 AM.

Thread Information