Thread: Technical Issues

Unhappy Technical Issues

Namaste HDF,

For some reason, all day today I've been having technical issues with the site. Sometimes the forums won't load no matter how long I wait, and thus I have to hit Refresh (sometimes multiple times!), and even that's not guaranteed to work. Sometimes I get an error message in my browser that simply says "Database Error" with not much description beyond (once again) hitting Refresh.

There also was one person who tried to send a PM to me, and I had no notification of it until like 15 minutes or so after it was sent. (And I got no email notification, even though my settings are set to send me one with each PM.) Again I had to hit Refresh multiple times to send a reply.

Are other people having these issues, or just me? I would also like to note that I tried accessing the forums from two locations - my work computer, and my tablet on my home Wi-Fi.

I know Satay and the other mods are busy people, but if I could have some idea of what's going on I would greatly appreciate it.

Re: Technical Issues

Namaste,
    Yes, I am experiencing the same issues. I will be changing hosting companies soon as the support from the current hosting provider sucks.
    satay

Namaste.

I am also experiencing the same issues (which I raised last month when HDF was going through similar difficulties).

I'm glad Satay is doing something about it, finally...because it is quite annoying.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Namaste, Necro,

Maybe I am not reading your message right but it is not 'Finally that I am doing something about it.' The problems are intermittent and I have no control over the hosting companies servers and I learnt yesterday that they sold their company. The new company/owners don't seem to have the same direction as previous owners regarding customer service and support. Therefore, my decision to move on. It will require a bit of planning to move the site to another provider so be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
    I'm glad Satay is doing something about it, finally...because it is quite annoying.

Aum Namah Shivaya
    satay

Thread Information