Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lagna Sandhi

Re: Lagna Sandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Mana View Post
    Dear KrishnaTVM Ji, Rohiniranjan Ji,

Rohiniranjan Ji; so here we go, I find the ascendant to be - 1� Ali 28' 52"

Kind regards.
    That is what I had assumed. We are still on the same side of the sandhi, unless there is gross inaccuracy in birthtime. Interestingly even hospital records have been known and noticed to be off by several minutes at times! So your caveat is very appropriate, if I may add my vote!

My other question was about your use of the term bhava lagna! Did you mean bhava lagna (as in bhava, ghai, hora alternate lagnas) or lagna in bhava chart (Sripati or equal house divisions)?? In the former (alternate charts given in BPHS but also used by Jaimini) Chandra is not shifting houses, but in the latter (chalita charts), it is. Please check to avoid confusion due to similar terms.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Dear Rohiniranjan Ji, KrishnaTVM JI,

To my mind the Fractal nature of time and its expression as a mathmatical model will always show these similarities, even between differing dasa's used over a Junction or sandhyā.

Nimhita and prashna charts will often serve well to settle these cases.
    I have an interesting chart of a friend of mine; Her's is a similar case; I find that it makes for something really very interesting about the person.

I decided upon her lagna primarily from here looks and body type, after all it is mainly indicative of the body and material realm the mind being chandra and the nakshatra ...

The differing dasas either side of the rasi junction correlated well, both of them chandra shifted rasi in this case also. Interestingly our dasa periods were in sync upon meeting, though briefly as we were running different Mahadasas.

I love the correlation in life's or rather Ma's workings; it can really be quite breath taking at times.

Kind regards.

Dear Mana ji,

I can relate to that, I believe!
    There will always be a difference between the charts we relatively quickly examine and give spot-judgments on in a forum for instance (readings) and sometimes the tests and quizzes that come along our way as members ask from time to time -- which can never compare with the situation that a proper and full reading entails. Maybe I am the only one that feels that way, though for the love of MA I hope not! :-(

It is like grabbing a quick bite in a fast-food setting or tasting-sampling kiosk at Costco or Metro! By saying that I am in no way being diminuitive to the help that we all render even on and through forum readings or reading-bites, let me be very sincere about that. But it cannot be the same thing or experience, neither for the nativity nor the astrologer.

Since I have over the years, and to a lesser extent still -- participate in many many jyotish fora with high and low traffic (##s), I have noticed a saddening trend. More infighting and an atmosphere of distrust and so on. This whether rightly perceived or at times misperceived simply muddies the waters if I may freely express and I personally see this trend as destructive. But how can we tackle that is honestly beyond me! Though I tried and still do and always will till Ma gives shakti.

On internet many seem to be reducing jyotish to an intellectual exercise, a logic-based exercise! It will never be that, ever! So even horary analysis and far more so nimitta are very sensitive approaches which require almost meditative silence! So just as you have rightly mentioned for completeness, how can that be truly possible in the babbel of internet?

Many of the sacred traditions and approaches of Jyotish are deeply rooted in and practised in a serious and sincere atmosphere of sacredness and in peacefulness. Surely logic is involved there too but there is more than that! But then how can an experiential reality be described in words or transferred through the means of communication in which conversations take place in the worldly realim?

I am sure many of us here and elsewhere realize that deep inside but like to 'play it safe' and hence are reluctant to share. At least that has been my sense generally, although, I could be dead-wrong!

This is exactly why for my work, I have nearly stopped doing email readings and only rely on one on one consultations, as it has always been conducted traditionally and the experience of that had been nothing less than beautiful.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Dear Rohiniranjan Ji, KrishnaTVM JI,

To my mind the Fractal nature of time and its expression as a mathmatical model will always show these similarities, even between differing dasa's used over a Junction or sandhyā.

Nimhita and prashna charts will often serve well to settle these cases.
    I have an interesting chart of a friend of mine; Her's is a similar case; I find that it makes for something really very interesting about the person.

I decided upon her lagna primarily from here looks and body type, after all it is mainly indicative of the body and material realm the mind being chandra and the nakshatra ...

The differing dasas either side of the rasi junction correlated well, both of them chandra shifted rasi in this case also. Interestingly our dasa periods were in sync upon meeting, though briefly as we were running different Mahadasas.

I love the correlation in life's or rather Ma's workings; it can really be quite breath taking at times.

Kind regards.

Namaste,

Dear Rohiniranjan Ji,

Though I could not agree with you more, my experience of internet Jyotiṣa is limited to HDF through which I have come to discover this wonderful tradition, and I am but a student of this great science, the paramparā from which I am studying is that of Achutānanda; my Guru places great emphasis upon the sadhana of the Jyotiṣa, also upon mantra for remedies. As such if the Jyotiṣa is not centered in his spiritual practis, he is most likely to either assume the bad karma of the natives whom he is "seeing", or worse, project his own bad karma upon them; thus in this way, is unlikely to be able to see clearly at all.

To "see" someone whilst reading their chart, for me speaking with them will do, even reading them write upon a forum for a while can be enough to have a mental image; something by which to compare the multitude of possible reflections within in their chart.
    Finding the two aspects to be highly compatible, even necessary. Empathizing with them is critical, for any intrinsic value to reading.

I have Ketu in 8th from Hora lagna; perhaps this is why I don't mind to share my learning, and believe that we need to understand this science well; that indeed the world will be a better place for it.

The destruction of ignorance, upon any scale, requires that "we" relinquish the intellectual higher ground; this can only be achieved through the act of spiritual practis. With out which, Jyotiṣ becomes astrology; negating completely the effects of the finer details, that of anugraha or empathy.

Kind regards.
    Last edited by Mana; 23 April 2014 at 12:23 AM.

Mana ji,

My two questions for clarification (mine) remain outstanding. Please do address those:

For the bhava lagna chart (bhava-Hora-Ghatika) I had requested to share what your calculations are bringing up for the data posted by Krishna ji!

"My other question was about your use of the term bhava lagna! Did you mean bhava lagna (as in bhava, ghai, hora alternate lagnas) or lagna in bhava chart (Sripati or equal house divisions)?? In the former (alternate charts given in BPHS but also used by Jaimini) Chandra is not shifting houses, but in the latter (chalita charts), it is. Please check to avoid confusion due to similar terms."

Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Dear Rohiniranjan Ji, Krishna Ji,

Please do excuse me if I have missed any points in our conversation, I will do my best to clarify my example stated here. I am expressing my observation of the bhāva chalit chakra; showing all Graha in relation to bhāva lagna taken as the cusp of the first bhāva using equal houses. In which chandra, as the graha with the highest longitude (rahu is retrograde to be atma karaka); is shifting falling into the tamasic light (the border) of bhāva lagna.

I will add an image here as it is more convenient; I have included BL GL and HL all in one image:

Notice chandra's shift in all viśeṣa lagna charts; also worthy of our notice is Budha in the GL chart.

Kind regards.
    Last edited by Mana; 23 April 2014 at 11:03 PM.

Dear Rohiniranjan Ji, Krishna Ji,

If we observe the same charts with a 7 min advance in birth time; we see the lagna shift in the raśī but not in the perceived lagna from the BL cakra.

We see also the GL shifting house in these charts, from lagna to 12th; this would mark a significant difference in the personality.

To clarify, these cakra are taken from the respective lagnas using the new lagna as a cusp to redraw the chart.
    BL shows suryas' light reflecting from the natives mind, GL chandras' and HL gurus'.

Kind regards.
    Last edited by Mana; 23 April 2014 at 11:14 PM.

Manaji,

Thanks! ;-)

Rohiniranjan

Dear Rohiniranjan Ji,

My pleasure; such an amazing thing it is to have, knowledge passed to us from the great minds of such seers as parāśara muni.

I feel so humbled before such divine knowledge; I can only prey that my understanding is not erroneous.

Kind regards, a pleasure to share.

Dear Rohiniranjan Ji,

My pleasure; such an amazing thing it is to have, knowledge passed to us from the great minds of such seers as parāśara muni.

I feel so humbled before such divine knowledge; I can only prey that my understanding is not erroneous.

Kind regards, a pleasure to share.
    Dear Manaji,

We each are perfect and we each erroneous?

And that is how this MAYA operates, it seems, MANA ji...?

Yesterday MA picked me for being the guinea-pig! Elsewhere, of course! So this innocent reading seeker was reluctant to share birthdata (though already posted elsewhere in the tropical area from where it was readily gathered!) but despite agreeing that what I read was 'spot on' -- he thought I was using the chart he posted (jyotish principles using a tropical chart?) and so on! So, yes MA does arrives and reminds us about where our hungry realities always were...?

Simple meals MA cooked, and without complicated MUMBO-JUMBO!

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Thread Information