Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Aryan Invasion Theory

Re: Aryan Invasion Theory

Quote Originally Posted by Hiwaunis View Post
    THE REAL INDIA!!! Maybe a side of India. Or maybe in some areas of India. But the above statement implies that the whole country is non-spiritual, vulgar and dirty.
    Yes that is excatly what I mean. You should know that 50% of the Indian population lives on less than Rs 20 a day, which is less than half a dollar. Do you really think that these people would be spritual or anything. Maybe not whole of India but more than 85%. What do you expect we are living in Kalyuga after all.

This could be just be my view but there are many things to back this. Example whatever I said above. Spritual realizition comes after a person does not have to worry about food and water, which is not the case in India.

Nor are there any Gurukuls or Universities that teach God. Maybe in the South, but at least not here in Delhi. I myself go to a public school coupled with multiple science and maths tutions.

I must have been sheltered from that when I went to India. Anyway, just because someone writes a book, get it published and wins awards doesn't mean it is the absolute truth. Birds of a feather flock together and are constantly giving each other awards.
    I don't think that it is an ordinary award. And I don't agree with you at all. You underestimate books.

Pranam,
    What proof is there to back this theory? I mean is there settlements that have been dug up? What about burial/grave sites? How about money/ coins with Aryan rulers etc? Who lead the invasion? Do these Aryans have individual names?

Where can I find information on them?
    I read it in a article in the Newspaper 'Mail Today'.

namaskar,

Quote Originally Posted by eriko View Post
    Yes that is excatly what I mean. You should know that 50% of the Indian population lives on less than Rs 20 a day, which is less than half a dollar.
    Where did you get the 50% number? If you live in Delhi, you must know that you can't live on 20 rupees a day! In fact, I doubt very much that there is a place in India where one would 'live' on 20 rs a day. So what you wrote here is non sense and not true.

What I saw in March when I was in Delhi was that people are driving BMW's, Mercedes and Lexus, models that we can't even get here in Canada!

Usually we are quick to blame the western media for portraying India in a bad light but with people like you we can't really blame the westerners.
    satay

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    Where did you get the 50% number? If you live in Delhi, you must know that you can't live on 20 rupees a day! In fact, I doubt very much that there is a place in India where one would 'live' on 20 rs a day. So what you wrote here is non se and not true.
    Check out Times Of India newspaper just a week old. The whole country is not Delhi. There are places where even basic necessities are not meant. If you check out the states approximately whole of the East side of India is under the control of Naxals. Reference: India Today edition (last to last year).

What I saw in March when I was in Delhi was that people are driving BMW's, Mercedes and Lexus, models that we can't even get here in Canada!
    This constitutes about 10% of Indian population. What you are forgetting is that Delhi is the capital of India, people are bound to have a cool lifestyle here. But how could you have possibly missed the slums sleeping on footpath?

Usually we are quick to blame the western media for portraying India in a bad light but with people like you we can't really blame the westerners.
    Hee! Hee! I am not portraying India in bad light. That is how you are taking it. These are facts. And as a Indian I should know their effects and causes so that I can help my country grow. At least this is how I feel.

Check out Times Of India newspaper just a week old. The whole country is not Delhi. There are places where even basic necessities are not meant. If you check out the states approximately whole of the East side of India is under the control of Naxals. Reference: India Today edition (last to last year).
    For example? Give name of one state where you think people are 'living' on 20 rupees a day and i will check it out.

This constitutes about 10% of Indian population.
    Again you are pulling numbers out of thin air without giving a valid source. Please provide a source so that we can all check out the validity of these 'facts'.

Hee! Hee! I am not portraying India in bad light. That is how you are taking it. These are facts.
    I have no problems with accepting facts if they are indeed facts. Please provide the source of your information. Simply saying these are 'facts' is nonsense.

And as a Indian I should know their effects and causes so that I can help my country grow. At least this is how I feel.
    How so? Please share with us how you plan to grow the country.

ps: This site is for 'positive presentation' of hindu dharma and India. As the site admin I do allow some leeway on this rule, however, don't be surprised if i start enforcing this rule on you, especially seeing that your posts so far have not been in alignment with this rule.

Thanks!
    satay

Yes that is excatly what I mean. You should know that 50% of the Indian population lives on less than Rs 20 a day, which is less than half a dollar. Do you really think that these people would be spritual or anything. Maybe not whole of India but more than 85%. What do you expect we are living in Kalyuga after all.

A person's life is decided before they are born due to their previous karma. Having money is not a prerequisite for spirituality. So what you are saying is that 85% of India is laying in the streets half dead??? It's just nonsense.

So is someone going door to door, family to family and asking them how much they make? And just how does the rich 15% keep the poor 85% from robbing them blind? How is the country even functioning off of the taxes of 15% of the population?

This could be just be my view but there are many things to back this. Example whatever I said above. Spritual realizition comes after a person does not have to worry about food and water, which is not the case in India.

You are wrong!! If one is focused on God then food, water, shelter (physical comforts) etc., are of no matter to him.

Nor are there any Gurukuls or Universities that teach God. Maybe in the South, but at least not here in Delhi. I myself go to a public school coupled with multiple science and maths tutions.

I don't think that it is an ordinary award. And I don't agree with you at all. You underestimate books.
    Yes, I do underestimate books as well as the PEOPLE who write them. There is no reason to take something as fact just because some well known person says so.

I read it in a article in the Newspaper 'Mail Today'.
    Most newspapers don't waste time researching and delivering FACTS. It's called "yellow journalism."

In time you will come to understand the saying, " the SUN rises in the EAST and set in the west.

Namaste,
    Hiwaunis

For what its worth, wikipedia (and I doubt the reliability there as well) says 2 things ... that the official government poverty line is R12 per day, and that 25% are below that. I didn't search really hard. Of course, there are freebies in India that we don't get here. Hitching rides with whomever, bananas, coconuts, amongst neighbours and friends etc. I imagine its a much more sharing culture than here in the west. So 'official poverty line' might just be meaningless unless the context is completely understood. But on my recent trip for the most part people sure looked happy enough. I got more smiles , namaste's, and spiritual greetings in a day there than in a year here.

I think there is the danger of generalising someone's posts as all nonsense when you look closely, some make sense whilst others remain as nonsense.

Aum Namasivaya

For example? Give name of one state where you think people are 'living' on 20 rupees a day and i will check it out.
    The stats were based on the overall suryey of the country. I have allready said check out the Times Of India newspaper or site. The news is jut a week old.

Again you are pulling numbers out of thin air without giving a valid source. Please provide a source so that we can all check out the validity of these 'facts'.
    Well maybe this one. But if you have anything against this. Tell me the percentage of the people who are actually rich.

I have no problems with accepting facts if they are indeed facts. Please provide the source of your information. Simply saying these are 'facts' is nonsense.
    I did tell you the names of newspapers where I read all these.

How so? Please share with us how you plan to grow the country.
    Let me give you an example. India is a fairly illiterate country I hope you agree with me on this. So there is this programme started by the Times Of India group last year, Teach India. In which a person volunteers to spend two hours of of the week to teach the slums, villagers and whatever. And there is also another programme Teach for India, in which you spend two years of their life to teach the underprivileged. If people are not even aware of the literacy rates of my country, would they even take the initiative to do something about it?

ps: This site is for 'positive presentation' of hindu dharma and India. As the site admin I do allow some leeway on this rule, however, don't be surprised if i start enforcing this rule on you, especially seeing that your posts so far have not been in alignment with this rule.
    If this is the site rule, okay I won't say anything. (after this post) Though it is a shame.

A person's life is decided before they are born due to their previous karma. Having money is not a prerequisite for spirituality. So what you are saying is that 85% of India is laying in the streets half dead??? It's just nonsense.
    I never meant that. So if the person's life is predecided, then we should do nothing about it?

So is someone going door to door, family to family and asking them how much they make? And just how does the rich 15% keep the poor 85% from robbing them blind? How is the country even functioning off of the taxes of 15% of the population?
    Industries and factories produce, they are responsible for the GDP and they are the one who profit. What I meant by 85% percent was non-spiritual people. They could be more but if people throw cigarette butts on you and eve-tease you, it does not seem likely.

You are wrong!! If one is focused on God then food, water, shelter (physical comforts) etc., are of no matter to him.
    This is purely theoretical argument that you are giving me.

Yes, I do underestimate books as well as the PEOPLE who write them. There is no reason to take something as fact just because some well known person says so.
    Seems like we are very different. I aspire to be a writer. Writing is cool. Writers become famous because of their work.

Most newspapers don't waste time researching and delivering FACTS. It's called "yellow journalism."
    So is there anything more reliable? Anyways Times Of India has been voted the no. one Delhi newspaper consecutively for three years.

I don't know whatever you people feel or know about India. But this is what I have read, and this is what I know. And I believe that when we know the reality, we can take steps to make it better. I am not trying to put India in bad light or whatever you are blaming me for. I am Indian in spirit, soul and mind. As a proud Indian I am very well aware of my counties flaws and as well its merit. And I accept both equally.
    Last edited by eriko; 15 July 2009 at 08:57 AM.

namaskar,

The stats were based on the overall suryey of the country. I have allready said check out the Times Of India newspaper or site. The news is jut a week old.
    It costs 6 rupees to buy a cup of chai in Delhi. Are you telling me that 85% of population of India is 'living' on two cups of chai daily?

I tried to find information and articles on poverty at Times of India newspaper site but couldn't find this survey that you are talking about.

Regardless of what the survey says and who conducted the survey, it is nonsense to believe that 85% or 50% of Indian population is 'living' on 12 or 20 rupees a day.
    satay

It costs 6 rupees to buy a cup of chai in Delhi. Are you telling me that 85% of population of India is 'living' on two cups of chai daily?
    Why do you think the whole country is Delhi? I said 50% live on Rs 20 a day. As for 85%, that is my personal view, I don't think that everyone is nice; I was no talking about poverty here. Most of the people are not good. Delhi is the most expensive city, only the fittest survive here. It is the capital, what do you expect. It is supposed to be developed and best in the country.

I tried to find information and articles on poverty at Times of India newspaper site but couldn't find this survey that you are talking about.
    I don't know. I would have told you the date as well, had not my mom given it to gabariwala. But it appeared on the front page, (though a small column) when the whole newspaper covered the 2009 budget. And there was also a face of slum girl on it.

Regardless of what the survey says and who conducted the survey, it is nonsense to believe that 85% or 50% of Indian population is 'living' on 12 or 20 rupees a day.
    Maybe. It is because you don't live here. But talk to any Indian, and they will tell you what the real situation is. It is actually very surprising that you don't believe me.

Why do you think the whole country is Delhi? I said 50% live on Rs 20 a day. As for 85%, that is my personal view, I don't think that everyone is nice; I was no talking about poverty here. Most of the people are not good. Delhi is the most expensive city, only the fittest survive here. It is the capital, what do you expect. It is supposed to be developed and best in the country.
    I don't think you are getting what I am saying.

Regardless of where you are in India, in a village, in a slum, in Delhi or in a small town...my point is that it is nonsense to believe that anyone can and is surviving on 12 or 20 rupees a day in India. And to believe that 50% of population is living like that is nonsense.

Maybe. It is because you don't live here. But talk to any Indian, and they will tell you what the real situation is. It is actually very surprising that you don't believe me.
    Well, since you do live in India, why don't you talk to any Indian and find out the real situation instead of blindly accepting a survey?

I am not denying that there is population living in poverty. But to say that 50% of population is living on 20 ruppees a day anywhere in the country is absurd when the largest segment of Indian population is middle class.

I don't know what the problem is with people who are always harping about the shortcomings of the country instead of focusing on the positives.
    Last edited by satay; 16 July 2009 at 12:00 PM.
    satay

Thread Information