Thread: What Next?

What Next?

Hari Om!

This seems like a question that is almost too personal to ask and perhaps it is also too personal to ask forum members to reply, but it is a query that perplexes and really has me at a loss. Please help sharing your personal experiences if possible and provide some much needed guidance. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

So, after surrendering to a Guru, what next? Seems so simple yet it truly is not. Hope that I have conveyed this message correctly and clearly.

Have been reading in Swami Narayananada's book "Sanyasa" that a first step may be self reflextion before any other, but this is such a broad instruction. This too is supposed to come before sadhana, seva and all others.

Please provide the wisdom that this forum is known for.

Many thanks in advance.

Om

Re: What Next?

Vannakkam: Surrender is not a one time event, but a process. You surrender individual 'I'ness to the greater order, whether that is God, or whatever you want to call it. Jiva becomes Siva.

So the process of surrendering continues, an a daily basis, until no 'I' remains, which may be lifetimes.

Not sure if I'm even on the right track at all, but good luck with figuring it out.

Aum Namasivaya

Dear friends ,

After meeting many swamis , going round of many ashrams , attending to many discourses , the truth hit me that Guru is the self itself . Most of the list given above just explain only the fundamentals .Scriptures also explain the basic concept .When we read a recipe , the instructions are given . The actual making and the real taste depends ultimately on the doer . The same way when a seeker enters the spiritual path in the initial stages , he may require some guidance .After that , he or she has to go alone and reach the goal.Goals could be short term or long term. In the begining , pujas , sthothras , homas help , in the sense they purify the mind , and give what we call chitthashuddhi . When one enters that stage , when the soul yearns and gets intense thirst for the realisation of the ultimate truth , the universal mother comes in to the scene . There the introspective search starts.Suffice to say that to go in to that state is absolute and intense Bhakthi and saranagathi

Namaste Smith Ji,

The process we undergo in liberating ourselves spans multiple births. Guru kripa works in some people in a single life time , but for others it provides an incremental progress. It is my belief that your Guru also will follow you across births.

So what next? Either sudden transformation (like king Janaka , who attained the ultimate consciousness during the act of climbing his horse) or a productive next life where even more progress is made with Guru's blessings.

Thread Information