Thread: New

New

Hello,

I am new to Hinduism. I was raised in a Christian house. I knew from the beginning that I was not Christian. I started to read about other religions and ways of life. I had always had a shining for Hinduism but I have kinda looked at most other religions. I went to a mosque and quickly realised it was not for me, I was also not really accepted in the mosque and felt like an outsider.
    I went to a Hindu temple in Edinburgh and felt so welcomed and it was an amazing experience that night I dreamt that Ganesh had stood in front of me welcoming me to follow him and I feel like this is a sign. I'm not sure what this means but I was hoping someone could hep me.

Steph x

Re: New

Hari Om!

A most warm Welcome!

In terms of Lord GaneshaJi, you are very fortunate as He is often the one to welcome another and guide the way. Perhaps the path of a Hindu is yours? I cannot say but do believe that you may want to continue visiting mandirs and attend satsang, talk to others, and of course use this valuable forum!

Many are raised as Christians and leave that way for the same reasons you describe, myself included from the early age of 10. Needless to say I was very mature for my age. There was another seeker yesterday at there mere age of 13. Funny how this all plays out.

Even if this does not end up being where you belong, know that the experiences you gain here are for your development and should be treasured.

Hope this helps in some small way.

Om

Vannakkam and welcome to HDF. As csmith indicated, your story parallels many others. Mystically, Ganesha is the easiest God to contact. He sits on the muladara chakra, and is often likened to a gatekeeper to dharma.

So welcome home. He's been waiting for you.

Aum Namasivaya

Thank you,

You are all so welcoming. I want to go to teaching so I can learn from others. I also am going to start taking lessons in Hindi.

It is a very exciting journey.

Steph. x

Thread Information