Thread: Quotes by Famous People about India and Hinduism

Quotes by Famous People about India and Hinduism

Here's an ebook I found which shows a bunch of positive quotes about India and Hinduism by a bunch of famous people, mostly westerners.

The author, Salil Gewali, is from the state of Meghalaya, which is about 70% Christian. He said he showed this to a bunch of people in his state and they became very India and Hindu minded. As most people here know, most people in India like a lot of things that are western, and according to Gewali, this helped a bunch people be proud in being Hindu because most of the quotes were by westerners.

He has another ebook in his profile, but it is essentially the same thing I believe.

http://www.slideshare.net/sgewali200...87#commentlist

Re: Quotes by Famous People about India and Hinduism

Namaste bp789,

Very nice. Some of my favorite quotes are by Thoreau and Emerson, both of whom I admire very much.

"In the morning I bathe my intellect in the stupendous and cosmogonal philosophy of the Bhagavad Gita, in comparison with which our modern world and its literature seem puny and trivial."
    Thoreau

"The Vedas haunt me. In them I have found eternal compensation, unfathomable power, and unbroken peace."
    Emerson

Jai Sri Krishna

3. Cool Re: Quotes by Famous People about India and Hinduism

bp789, Thanks for this

The Hindu religion is the only one of the world’s great faiths dedicated to the idea that the Cosmos itself undergoes an immense, indeed an infinite, number of deaths and rebirths. It is the only religion in which the time scales correspond, to those of modern scientific cosmology. Its cycles run from our ordinary day and night to a day and night of Brahma, 8.64 billion years long. Longer than the age of the Earth or the Sun and about half the time since the Big Bang. And there are much longer time scales still. - Carl Sagan, Famous Astrophysicist
    As quoted in: http://www.hitxp.com/articles/veda/v...verse-bigbang/

Amazing

Thread Information