Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am not sure if any one could answer my question. However let me try.

Re: I am not sure if any one could answer my question. However let me try.

Dear anirudh

I think this question is not new and there are million answers but the thing is, are you going to be convinced or get more doubts and more questions.

Let me give a short reply from my little understanding. We as individuals do not have any idea why we are here, what's that we are doing and what we are going to achieve. We haven't taken the birth by our own wish and we were not told what we must accomplish. Where it all started, why and also when and how all thus end and also what is that end state?

Do we know any sort of clear answers to the above set of questions? I am sure lot of us do not even ask or know these questions and forget about knowing the answers. So in the midst of ignorance, what will convince you or what is actually an answer? Who can explain a blind the beauty of nature? Or who can explain the ignorant the best of knowledge? But we still try and there is a compassionate source, super being who is always there to show us the path and give us the knowledge that we can adopt and digest to our capability. Once we turn our attention to this source, every question is answered, there gets very covincing and compelling purpose to life itself and also reasons for every action and event we go through.

Who is not suffering here? Everyone does but one feels his suffering is worst than others. Everyone is happy but me is ignorance and also surely not true. Even the source that cause you the suffering goes through another kind of suffering. This play is without stop and goes on as the one who cause pain also goes through pain at the hands on another. The chain of cause and victims never ends and it goes on along with time. You are one day the cause and another day a victim. This game is going on time immemorial and who you think innocent is not or may not be really innocent and they are just passing through their cycle of cause-victim continuum.

Hope the above gives some explanation but let me know if it convinces you a little.

Hare Krishna!
    Last edited by grames; 28 November 2014 at 12:15 AM.

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by grames View Post
    We haven't taken the birth by our own wish and we were not told what we must accomplish. Where it all started, why and also when and how all thus end and also what is that end state?
    Firstly, there was no "start" to anything. There is no creatio-ex-nihilo in Hinduism. Prakriti and jivas are beginningless -- affirmed by the Lord in the Gita itself. The universe is beginningless and therefore, it never "started" nor did it "begin to exist for the first time" at a finite point in time in the past.

Secondly, "we" (our self) surely had free will in a previous incarnation ad infinitum. This self is currently in samsara because it exercised its free will and somehow in doing so, moksha evaded it. Had moksha been attained, the self would not incarnate or take birth in samsara.

So, the self surely "wished" for something and it is because of that that it finds itself in samsara.

Now, we need not know what we wished for , but that we wished so is undeniable. For if God threw us into samsara without taking into account our wish, (a) He would be whimsical and random and this does not befit Him, and (b) one cannot be held responsible for the consequences of actions in a system when one was not provided with a choice of being in the system in the first place or not.

Namaste

I was out of station for few days, shall answer all replies independently in few days. Kindly bare with me.
    Anirudh...

Thread Information