Thread: The theme of Existence.

The theme of Existence.

Hi everyone. I would love some insight into a Hindu's take on what the theme of existence is. I would like to share my view.. I believe In a metaphysical reality, but I think it simply "Is". Many New age philosophy's will say we humans exist to love and experience, and that the Source(God) is Pure unconditional Love..

I would have to disagree.. I think the universe is mechanical and uncaring. Not to sound materialistic or nihilistic, my views would be closest to Lovecraftians Cosmicism. More towards an indifference to all things. "Good" and "Evil" are simply flawed human concepts.

What are your thoughts on this.

Is Source(God) Unconditional Love, Or is it simply "Is"(Good And Evil And everything in between)?

Re: The theme of Existence.

It all depends on YOU. If through your karma you have achieved a state of mind which is more matured spiritually, every thing around you or if you want to say God, will be loving, caring and supportive.

Again depending on your karma and thus state of mind, it can be opposite also.

All depend on YOU. God is only enabling you to perform. How you perform is all upto you.

God's grace is like sunlight in a field. We are like glasses with varying dust over it. Depending on the cleanliness of the glass the sunlight enters the other side. This cleanliness corresponds to the cleanliness of our mind.
    Love and best wishes:hug:

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Seeker View Post
    I think the universe is mechanical and uncaring. Not to sound materialistic or nihilistic, my views would be closest to Lovecraftians Cosmicism. More towards an indifference to all things. "Good" and "Evil" are simply flawed human concepts.

What are your thoughts on this.

Is Source(God) Unconditional Love, Or is it simply "Is"(Good And Evil And everything in between)?
    There are multiple ways to look at this matter...Here is one way that I subscribe to, others may differ. Yet this view is not ~home-made~ but based upon the āgama-s.

When I think of 'source' I think of supreme, the source of every thing. Supreme means and infers anuttara अनुत्तर - that which cannot be suprassed. That which no other being would have as a subject of experience. It is the final , ulmost or parā - the Supreme , or Absolute Being.

This level of Being, or sattā, goes by many names. Now many tend to call this magnificence brahman ( both nirgṇa brahman & saguṇa brahman) of which all of creation is only 1/4th of this Being.

It is said (in kaśmir śaivism) This Supreme independent (svātantrya) state of God Consciousness (caitanya) is the form. But the form of what? . It is the 'form' of everything. This implies that solid ( body) or spiritual ( non-body) , material or non-material however subtle, has this form. It is the essence of everything, and this is the Supreme, Brahman.

Others may have different views so we look to the wise for their guidence:

Yatsattatparamārthohi paramārthastataḥ śivaḥ
    That which is Existence (sattā) is the highest (param) Reality, the Universe is of the nature of that Reality, therefore everything is śivaḥ

This is from abhinavagupta-ji's work called parā-trīśikā vivaraṇa. It is a sloka where he gives praise to anuttara ( the Supreme, unsurpassable). He recognizes yatsaḥ sarvam- from whom proceeds all, and yasmin sarvam - in whom resides all - this is anuttara.

Now , is god a.k.a. Supreme, love ? Well, if we look to the definition above this Being must include that and everything else. To say this Being is only love is to suggest It cannot be everything else and this would be false.

To say this Supreme is indiffernt misses the point that as humans, we are not indifferent, and we are part of this whole, Supreme. It is when we seperate ourselves from the Supreme that we run into doubts of what It is and what It is not. It misses the point that humans are the condensed form of the Supreme, and this takes some time to get use to and to actually experience.

praṇām
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Thank you both for your insight.

Now , is god a.k.a. Supreme, love ? Well, if we look to the definition above this Being must include that and everything else. To say this Being is only love is to suggest It cannot be everything else and this would be false.

To say this Supreme is indiffernt misses the point that as humans, we are not indifferent, and we are part of this whole, Supreme. It is when we seperate ourselves from the Supreme that we run into doubts of what It is and what It is not. It misses the point that humans are the condensed form of the Supreme, and this takes some time to get use to and to actually experience.

praṇām
    Hi yajvan, I have been lurking this forum for awhile, although I have been posting up to only recently, your posts have always stood out to me. I can connect to your wisdom and what you have to say on a deep level of understanding.. It makes me eager to learn and hear more.

If you can I would love for you to expand this view when it comes to 'indifference' and how it separates us from the creator. Reason I ask is because, I have had spiritual experiences over the course of my spiritual development which made me want to understand things for what they really were, rather then see things purely from the standpoint of our brain or "human lens" so to speak.. Being that the mainstream focus is on love and light, i feel that this is causing an imbalance, and it only makes me want to understand the "Left Hand Path" more. To rise above our ego's. Reality is perception. I have an awareness of being attentive to not project my beliefs/understanding towards other forms of consciousness(Physical & non-Physical) that these concepts would not apply to.(When it comes to being human)

How do animals conceive of the world around them?

How do trees conceive of the world around them?

How do life on other planets conceive of the universe around them?

How Do Spiritual Entity's see us, and how do they see their place in Brahma?

I guess this is why I chose indifference.

Thank You both again.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Seeker View Post
    I think the universe is mechanical and uncaring. Not to sound materialistic or nihilistic, my views would be closest to Lovecraftians Cosmicism. More towards an indifference to all things. "Good" and "Evil" are simply flawed human concepts.
    Hindus believe that this universe is nothing but images projected on the substratum of Undifferentiated Infinite Pure Consciousness. If that is the case, how can pure consciousness be indifferent. It may appear to us as we tend to see from a selfish narrow restricted and biased vision ... but it would be illogical to claim it as the Truth. Anything can be claimed correctly only by one who knows the Truth.

We, Hindus, believe that our VedAs (including the VedAnta) were revealed to our Rishis who had realised the Truth. So, we can't accept that the Universe which is nothing but Pure Consciousness can be uncaring. Now, that can be said only within plane of our relative existence ... but when we talk of the Absolute where there is no "other" but Only One sole Reality then in absence of duality therein, there can't be any other emotions, good or bad.

It depends upon from what reference point you are speaking.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Spirit Seeker

.expand this view when it comes to 'indifference' and how it separates us from the creator.
    Hinduism states that the soul reason for this perception of difference upon absolute indifference is LOVE which is experiencing the blissfulness of absolute indifference.

You have ability to dance extraordinary.but to enjoy it yourself,you need to set a stage,put light,music and may want few audience too.

In saying that Love is the purpose,means its blissfulness,creativity,togetherness,parenthood etc etc...

And whatever visible and invisible are these dance stages,lights,music.But the difference here is that the dancer here is himself the audience,the music,the lights and so on...
    Man-naathah Shri Jagan-nathah Mat-guru-shri jagad-guruhu.
    Mad-atma sarva-bhutatma tasmai Shri Gurave Namah.

My Lord is the Lord of Universe; My teacher is the teacher of the
    entire universe; and my Self is the Self of all. My salutations at the lotus-feet
    of such a Guru, who has revealed such knowledge to me.

Thread Information