Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Himalayan Academy

Himalayan Academy

Namaste all.
    It is a very good site about Shaiva Siddhanta,the shaivite tradition that I decided to follow.
    http://www.himalayanacademy.com/

You may find many interesting information in the Online Books sections.
    http://www.himalayanacademy.com/resources/books/

For all hindus (even not shaivites) I really suggest to read online the book How to Become
    a (Better) Hindu
    A Guide for Seekers
    and
    Born Hindus.

by Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami
    A history-making manual, interreligious study and names list, with stories by Westerners who entered Hinduism and Hindus who deepened their faith

http://www.himalayanacademy.com/resources/books/hbh/

Just click on Complete Text Now On-Line!

Regards,
    Orlando.

Smile Re: Himalayan Academy

Namaste Orlando,

Good choice

Re: Himalayan Academy

Quote Originally Posted by sarabhanga
    Namaste Orlando,

Good choice
    Namaste Shri Sarabhanga.
    Thank you for your encouragement.
    By reading Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami's teachings every day I feel more and more that I did a good choice.
    Regards,
    Orlando.

Wink Re: Himalayan Academy

Quote Originally Posted by sarabhanga
    Namaste Orlando,
    Good choice
    Fully agree and support.

Sri Subramunia Swami was an outstanding Shaiva master. My Kaula acharya knew him personally and highly respected, as well as his successor, Sri Velan Swami, who once visited Moscow.

Saiva Siddhanta Church is a proper choice.

Namah Shivaya,
    A

Quote Originally Posted by Arjuna
    Fully agree and support.

Sri Subramunia Swami was an outstanding Shaiva master. My Kaula acharya knew him personally and highly respected, as well as his successor, Sri Velan Swami, who once visited Moscow.

Saiva Siddhanta Church is a proper choice.

Namah Shivaya,
    A
    Namaste.
    Shri Arjuna,please note that I said that I choosed Shaiva-Siddhanta religion.I didn't say that I choosed Saiva SIddhanta Church.It would be a very diffucult thing,since there aren't Shaiva Siddhanta Church temples in Italy,the europen country where I live.But there is a Lord Shiva temple where Shaiva-Siddhanta religion is teached and practiced and there are other hindu temples in Italy:to Lord Ganesha,to Divine Mather and to Lord Dattatreya.
    http://www.ashramgita.com/e-index2.htm

Regards,
    Orlando.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhakta of God
    Namaste.
    Shri Arjuna,please note that I said that I choosed Shaiva-Siddhanta religion.I didn't say that I choosed Saiva SIddhanta Church.It would be a very diffucult thing,since there aren't Shaiva Siddhanta Church temples in Italy,the europen country where I live.But there is a Lord Shiva temple where Shaiva-Siddhanta religion is teached and practiced and there are other hindu temples in Italy:to Lord Ganesha,to Divine Mather and to Lord Dattatreya.
    The only significant difference is that modern Tamil SS is dualistic, while Sri Subramunia Swami promoted a monistic trend.
    In any case, Shiva is Shiva

Namah Shivaya,
    A

The only significant difference is that modern Tamil SS is dualistic, while Sri Subramunia Swami promoted a monistic trend.
    In any case, Shiva is Shiva

Namah Shivaya,
    A
    You should know that Sri Subramuniaswamy considered arranged marriage a very good thing.By reading some of your posts I am aware that you are contrary to arranged marriage.I am it too!
    Regards,
    Orlando.

Exclamation Re: Himalayan Academy

[QUOTE=Bhakta of God]You should know that Sri Subramuniaswamy considered arranged marriage a very good thing.By reading some of your posts I am aware that you are contrary to arranged marriage.I am it too![QUOTE]

Sri Subramunia Swami mights have held this kind of opinion, but so what? If one is saint or Siddha it doesn't mean that every his opinion is the ultimate truth. In any case i think that in such matter as marriage one has to rely only on his own will. And not on whatever opinions of scriptures or masters.

I see arranged marriage as utmostly irresponsible thing. It may be easy to live in such a way like an animal, when every decision is taken by others - including choice of a life-partner. But is this what human life is meant for? Indeed, it is better to live as sannyasi than to stay with woman/man whom U love not. Arranged marriage is in 90% of cases a hypocricy and lie. This can result in no good either in spiritual sense or in sense of bringing up kids in a proper manner. It may happen that in insignificant minority of cases arranged marriage turns into true love relatonships. But very irresponsible to rely on such possibility...

It is always needed to separate social norms of some society which got mixed into scriptures from religion per se. Arranged marriage is an ugly custom of male-dominated societies. It has to be totally stopped.

Arranged marriage is an ugly custom of male-dominated societies. It has to be totally stopped.
    Marriages are made in heaven! Inasmuch as a marriage--either by choice or by chance--is decided by a person's karma, it would be too simplistic to brand either kind of marriage as good, bad or ugly.

I see arranged marriage as utmostly irresponsible thing. It may be easy to live in such a way like an animal, when every decision is taken by others - including choice of a life-partner. But is this what human life is meant for? Indeed, it is better to live as sannyasi than to stay with woman/man whom U love not. Arranged marriage is in 90% of cases a hypocricy and lie. This can result in no good either in spiritual sense or in sense of bringing up kids in a proper manner. It may happen that in insignificant minority of cases arranged marriage turns into true love relatonships. But very irresponsible to rely on such possibility...

It is always needed to separate social norms of some society which got mixed into scriptures from religion per se. Arranged marriage is an ugly custom of male-dominated societies. It has to be totally stopped.
    namaste,
    Obviously you have no idea of what you are talking about regarding arranged marriages. Perhaps you have seen too many 'one-sided' movies that present arrange marriages as some type of evil thing. Just because the west doesn't agree with the customs of India doesn't mean that Indians are going to embrace the western materialist 'I am number one' attitude.
    satay

Thread Information