Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dharma- Patience or Justice

Re: Dharma- Patience or Justice

Dear Sol ,
    when it comes to speech it is given -------, speak truth , speak sweetly , do not tell lies because they are sweet , don't say truths which are harsh . Thus it is a walk on razor's edge . The simple rule is going by the canons of humanitarian outlook for the common man .

Namaste all!
    Indeed! There is no doubt, it is crystal clear that we should not spare the person who harms someone! I have no doubt about that! But the main thing I want to ask that If someone talks rudely to us (means when the person doesn't harm anyone) when the matter is not serious and the case in which there is not our fault and the person standing before us do not trying to harm us physically but uses bad words rudely, then what should we do! This is wht I want to ask! (I think here we can't hit person as he do not harm us, we can't use bad words so we have to tell him our side and tell him that there is not out fault with compassion when he gets calm is best way or any other way to respond like beliver ji is best way?)
    Thank you all for reply!
    Pranam!!
    Aasato ma sat gamay
    tamaso ma jotirgamay
    mrityorma amrutamgamay
    (Bring me from asat to sat, bring me from darkness (ignorance) to light (knowledge), bring me from death to immortality)
    Om Namah Shivay
    Om Vishnave Namah

Namaste,

When someone says unkind things to us, we normally size up the spiritual/intellectual/social/economic level of the person trashing us. If he is a puny little thing that passes off as a human being, we just ignore him and his diatribe. If the critical remarks are coming from an equal or a superior person, we tend to evaluate them and see if there is any truth in his getting upset with us. If he is right and just presented himself in a less than civil fashion, we try to mend our ways and move on. If however the comments are totally false, we have the option to be benevolent and walk away from him or confront him. Initially, I would give a long leash to the person to see if he would hang himself with it. If the barking continues and crosses the threshold of my patience/irritation, I would certainly give him a piece of my mind. This patience factor depends on our level of spiritual evolution. With being at a higher spiritual level, one tends to be more forgiving and ignores anything and everything thrown at them, which again is because it is coming from less evolved souls. So, reacting to others depends on a number of factors, the most important being our own spiritual state of mind. The ferocity and frequency of rude behavior encountered may deplete the tolerance reservoir of even moderately higher level souls. So, it is all very subjective. But one thing is for sure, not speaking up and internalizing the negativity hurts us in the long run and results in us blowing up at some point in time.

Pranam.

PS, some help have I provided!

Dear SOL ,
    you expressed a genuine doubt .Depending upon the situation , the effect of the blow , the parties concerned , the time , we have to take a recourse to retaliation . Thus every action and reaction are subject to some conditions . But the general rule is we have to react with a sense of justice . Apart from this rule , if any grievance is nursed for a long time , especially when we are not at fault , it leads to suppressed anger and displeasure which could result in psychological trauma. So it is better always , to clarify a point and finish it then and there it self .Many times we come across people who talk in a stinging manner and usually it comes from jealousy . A small achievement in any thing makes them bloated with ego and they can't stand any appreciation given to any one which makes them to hurt by their comments . It is better to just ignore such comments even if they are hurting . But if they cross reasonable limits , you have put the record strait by giving back . It is not a sin . best wishes

Thread Information