Thread: Jiddu Krishnamurti

Jiddu Krishnamurti

Namaste all.

For the past few months I've been studying Krishnamurti-Ji's material quite heavily. Reading books & watching videos. He has some very unorthodox and interesting views. If anyone else has cared to indulge in his work I would like to know their personal perspective on said individual.

Thanks.

Re: Jiddu Krishnamurti

I do know a thing or two about Jiddu Krishnamurti. Since childhood he had extrasensory perception. He somehow came into the sights of some Europeans who were part of the Theosophical Society one of whom was a Clairvoyant called LeadBeater. LeadBeater was baffled to see a very strong aura around Krishnamurti, something of the like he had never seen before. LeadBeater believed that Jiddu was going to be a great prohphet and decided to "educate" him. This is where they messed up everything.

The problem with Western Societies is that they think that everything and everybody needs to be molded and trained to become what they ought to be. They do not really believe in nature. Look at all the grate Yogis, Prophets, messengers, Guru Nanak, Gautam Buddha, Jesus Christ, Sadhguru Jaggivasudev... They are all people who spent considerable time in nature in the formitive period of their lives. While Jiddu was being rigorously "educated" behind a desk with all the beliefs of the Theosophical Society being the "education material". His brother Nityananda had the same fate. Can you imagine what would have happened to Buddha, Christ, Guru Nanak if they were educated by a European organization to become Enlightened Masters?

In due course of time Annie Besant, the leader of the theosophical society, made Jiddu and Nithya's father sign a custody agreement because after all, this guy was supposed to be a "Great Prophet" right? Best to become his Mother Mary right from the get go.

His father sued Annie Besant and the Theosophical society for having annulled the custody agreement and to thus get his sons back. You can guess how well the Justice System was back in the days of British Colonization for a Brown/Black man. Needless to say his father lost the custody of both his kids.

Jiddu had lost his mother a long time ago in childhood when he was ten. He saw Annie Besant as a mother figure and was attached to her. That made the whole custody scene very easy as far as kids were concerned.

At the time of the British Raj the Europeans were a very strongly Christian Society and what they were Exclusive in their thoughts and beliefs. Even now many have trouble understanding the difference between Dharma and Religion.

When the Britishers came here most of the Indian beliefs and practices that occured here were against their beliefs and thus the greatest efforts were made to destroy the arts, sciences, which even remotely seemed to be a threat, this includes, Kallaripayatu, Dhatuvidya, Baandvigyan, the sankya system of knowlege, vedic mathematics, Shastravidhya, tantra and many others.

In order to survive colonization most of India began to preach Advaita philosophy which was forward seeming to some Europeans and they did not completely reject it. It made it safer for indigenous indian culture to survive.

The foreigners who liked this philosophy among other sciences and practices tried to preach it from the inside of the European Community. This is what the Theosophical Community tried to do. Theosophy if what I gather is correct. It is just Westernized Indian thought. The influence from Advaita in Jiddu's writings is very clear.

Very enlightening post Nirvaasit .Whenever I read some words of JK It always felt like much ado about nothing.

Friends,
    My view is, JK did not have the required clarity. I would give him the benefit of doubt and say that the problem was because of lack of traditional vedantic learning.
    His teachings , most often, confuse people... don't lead them to clarity and liberated living.

Love!
    Silence
    Come up, O Lions, and shake off the delusion that you are a sheep

I find myself agreeing with you there. I mean he was a really nice person I am sure.

However I am of the opinion that a formal education from people of a culture known to commit genocides in the name of some "one true god" and centralized and controlled system of education, from which indoctrination is indistinguishable only suppressed JK's true potential.

Thread Information