Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CURSE THE FANATICS!! Oh and Hi all, I'm back to these forums after many years,

Re: CURSE THE FANATICS!! Oh and Hi all, I'm back to these forums after many years, :)

Namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by Ram11 View Post
    ......the truth is if one reads your responses twice, one can understand that you are preventing toxic things from spreading and sorting the mess out before it results in a tragedy.
    You are indeed a smart person.

I deliver the message in the fewest words, don't have time to sugar coat it with BS.

I can't believe that others started a dialog with him based on the first post above, instead of showing him the door. Stupidity brings down the level of discourse in the forum. Have no appetite or patience for it.

Pranam.

Smile Re: CURSE THE FANATICS!! Oh and Hi all, I'm back to these forums after many years, :)

Hello,
    Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Namaste,

You were gone for spiritual development. So, you are spiritually developed now? And yet every little thing still provokes you and irritates you Swamiji?

Is getting rid of hatred and cursing everyone who disagrees with you, not part of spiritual development?

And why is ISKCON singled out by name? Is it like a poison pill for you? Have you seen anyone die from this poison pill?
    http://hindudharmaforums.com/showpos...2&postcount=33

You came back to the forum to show your rage and anger, and incite others to imitate you? All this after your spiritual development?

When everybody has been killed, you will be the only sane person left in the world; is that your desire - to inhabit the world as the last man standing?

And what is your position on the lunatic asylums in India? Should they be closed or kept open for "spiritually developed people?"

Perhaps you should take leave of us and of this forum and do some more tapasya.

Pranam.

PS, markandeya 108 dasa, you accuse me of being condescending?
    -
    Hello Believerji.
    Thank you.

please do have the patience for replying this post. It is sensible and logical that one would not be interested in the stupidity of others.

Perhaps, I should do that... Maybe I should take a leave. I see that I still have some ego left, I do have a lot to learn, and that was why I came here: To learn and not to teach.

To become what you hate is the real defeat.

And, yes, the lunatic asylums should be kept open for such "spiritually developed people," even me if I do come into that category.

what is known: The sane Society doesn't deserve or tolerate insane people.
    Question: Why are people sent to asylums?
    A. Because they are mad, and should be isolated.
    B. Because they are mad, and are taken to asylums in a last attempt to be treated?

which is the right answer?

The way I expressed my belief was wrong, but I still stick to it, which is:
    It's o.k that people don't agree with me, what I find unacceptable about the fanatics is that they try to force what they've cooked down my throat. I was not angry about their beliefs, I was angry at the way they try to enforce it... "You must believe what I say, or you're going to hell!" This attitude is what I don't like. Tell me, if there anything wrong with my opinion: Believe what you want to, just don't force it upon me.

Excuse me for my ignorance, but, a question arises in my mind. If I did leave this forum would it solve the problem? Just because a person suffers from a deadly disease, like leprosy or AIDS or cancer should he go and die like a coward? Or should he face the suffering to get rid of old baggage of karma?

Should I learn? Or should I go? I intend to stay and learn.

I left because, I felt like I was a hypocrite doing "all talk and no walk." What is the point of knowledge if one doesn't use it practically?

You remind me of my mathematics teacher in primary school. I was slow in mathematics, a friend was an expert of mathematics, my teacher used to praise my friend, whereas, I was always reprimanded in class in front of everyone. It is not a challenge to teach a fast learning child, it is a challenge to teach a slow learning child. It is not the fault of the teacher if the bad student is not willing to learn, but, if the bad student is willing to learn and the teacher gives up on him, it does become his fault. The teacher would get the salary regardless of whether the student learns or not (In this case, you would interact in these forums, regardless of my presence or absence). And, as a result, I gave up on mathematics, because of an inferiority complex and left it for good, and took a subject in college without mathematics. But, recently I discovered something, that I could've been good at it, if I didn't give up. By the way, I am in a course that requires the knowledge of philosophy of maths and not maths itself. And the lecturer is really impressed that I'm able to comprehend that aspect of mathematics which mathematicians find difficult. Now, I really feel bad of a missing that train (mathematics), and the funny part what I see here is that my school teacher is totally oblivious of the damage he could've inflicted to a field of science.

And, why should you catch my anger? If you did, wouldn't you be stooping down to my level? Of being a "spiritual developed person" who deserves to be in a mental hospital.

It is beautiful if an elderly person like you taught some sense into young men like me, which you have. But, in the process, just as a broom (you) gets dirty in the process of cleaning (talking sense) the dirty room (me) the broom itself got dirty (anger and feeling of disgust and condescension). It sure is your right to teach me, but it is not my place to teach you. I remind you assuming you're a follower who finds god in everyone. Just as there is god in yourself, there is god in every animal, every microbe, and every living cell, there is god in me too. So, I do have the potential to learn, because I am willing to learn, even if you're not willing to accept me. If I really deserve to be shown the door, I request the moderators to do it right now. I don't know if I deserve to stay here or not. Now, it is the duty of the moderators.

Calm down... I apologize. I've realized my mistake.
    Last edited by upsydownyupsy mv ss; 13 December 2014 at 09:13 AM.
    I don't know who I am, nor what I am.
    I don't know what I need to know.
    I don't know who you are, nor what you are.
    All I know is that you love me, Oh Sarvathma.
    Lead me on the righteous path, so that I may reach you.

Exclamation Re: CURSE THE FANATICS!! Oh and Hi all, I'm back to these forums after many years,

And what further saddens me is that people who replied initially were actually trying to show me the right way without showing me the door. It takes great patience to show someone they're wrong. It's easy to give up on someone and say get out! But, it takes an admirable amount of patience to clarify something and bring someone like me back to the ground, which I do appreciate in Viraja. don't you think so Ram11?

These links are my replies to previous discussions on fanaticism, I should have read my own words. I would have been guided! That would have been enough! I need not have posted a new thread...

http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/sho...3331#post43331

The following is what I've told in the above thread 4 years ago... Do you still think I'm anti-ISKCON? Is it wrong to oppose a bad behavior? The way I did it was wrong, but not the idea behind it. Imagine what they must have done to get me angry Believer ji... I'm anti-FANATISM.
    "BUT STILL..... Iskon is doing a very good job making this world a more beautiful place, by increasing the number of devotees of the Lord and bringing them into the light. Thousands of children addicted to bad habits and who were orphaned worship God, as Krishna, because of Iskon. Many people have changed their lives because of Iskon."

http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/sho...2507#post42507
    http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/sho...6268#post46268
    http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/sho...8112#post48112
    http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/sho...2774#post52774
    Last edited by upsydownyupsy mv ss; 13 December 2014 at 10:40 AM. Reason: clearing a misunderstanding
    I don't know who I am, nor what I am.
    I don't know what I need to know.
    I don't know who you are, nor what you are.
    All I know is that you love me, Oh Sarvathma.
    Lead me on the righteous path, so that I may reach you.

Thread Information