Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Combust Yogakaraka

Re: Combust Yogakaraka

wish you a very happy journey Rohini Ranjan ji .
    The chart has Kemadruma yoga too , but all his academic achievements were during Moon dasa . With the advent of Mars dasa , the academic pursuits came to an end , even though he was offered Phd with funding in a very prestigious institution abroad . In fact he started and then left after sometime .That is understood since Mars is in 9th , as 3and 8th lord , in Bhava . ANY ways , it is very strange chart which is going againt all the standard rules of astrology . He is not yet married and not willing to marry . saswathy

Om Tat Sat,

Planets
    Degrees
    House
    Nakshatra
    Padam
    Navansa
    Nak.Lord
    Ascendent (As)
    25 Vir 46' 26.41"
    Chitra
    Leo
    Mars
    Sun (Su)
    27 Can 14' 29.1"
    Aslesha
    Pis
    Mercury
    Moon (Mo)
    19 Ari 46' 31.79"
    Bharani
    Vir
    Venus
    Mars (Ma)
    10 Gem 09' 19"
    Aardra
    Cap
    Rahu
    Mercury (Me)
    10 Can 09' 22.02"
    Pushya
    Lib
    Saturn
    Jupiter (Ju)
    26 Can 38' 24.87"
    Aslesha
    Aqu
    Mercury
    Venus (Ve)
    24 Can 07' 42.43"
    Aslesha
    Aqu
    Mercury
    Saturn (Sa)
    20 Leo 18' 17.67"
    P.Phalguni
    Lib
    Venus
    Rahu (Ra)
    15 Leo 43' 40.18" R
    P.Phalguni
    Leo
    Venus
    Ketu (Ke)
    15 Aqu 43' 40.18" R
    Shatabhisha
    Aqu
    Rahu

As per the above chart Kemadruma Yopa is nullified due tothe following.
    1. Moon & Jupiter are in mutual Kendras.
    2. Venus is placed with Jupiter.
    3. Moon is well placed in Navamsa in Kanya Rasi.

11th & 5th houses are thestrongest houses in this chart. This clearly indicates the strong knowledgestudies and the corresponding benefits via 11th house. Moon isplaced in 8th house which is good for higher / depth studies. Of course8th house Moon will have its own impacts on personal life.
    3 benefics are aspecting 5th house and Jupiteraspects 7th house. This clearly shows that the native will haveissues through marriage as well. Saturn aspects second house which shows delayin his marriage or starting family life. More over 11th house lordis placed in 8th house which shows the inclination towards R&Dand not on personal life. Again Moon aspects 2nd house tooJ Overall hisinclination towards studies is impacting his personal life and he will getmarried Rahu Dasa for sure since Rahu is placed in 12th house with 5thlord Saturn.

I don’t give much importance on combustion based on my littleexperience. 11th house planets are always benefits. 3 benefits arewith Sun. Overall planets in 11th house are good anybody. MoreoverSun is 12th lord only which is more of neutral planet as perB.V.Raman. the native has a raja yogasince 9th lord and 10th lord are in 11thhouse. Sun cannot spoil this by any means. Jupiter presense should enhance it.
    Thanks
    Krishna

This is just a thought, not well thought out thoroughly or examined! That caveat aside, often astrologers go with longitudinal intervals for this phenomenon of "combustion/astangata dosh". There are varying opinions about how close is too close and others even wonder if combustion plays a significant role in natal horoscopy, as a dominant consideration. I generally have played it safe by keeping it in consideration as one of the straws that might break the camel's heavily laden back (other malefic pointers being present).

If we think of solar eclipses (observed combustion effect!) it is not the longitude alone that creates eclipses (unlike new moon which is more consistent visual phenomenon), so perhaps a similar attention must be paid to 'when the proverbial ducks line up'. Longitude is just one dimension, readily available hence seems to grab our attention more readily!

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Rohini ji ,
    The much awaited discussion about Combust planets has not yet taken place .

Quote Originally Posted by saswathy View Post
    Rohini ji ,
    The much awaited discussion about Combust planets has not yet taken place .
    I did add some thoughts to this on 13 March 2014, 09:54 PM and Krishnaji added his after that and I added more recently some thoughts on the eclipse perspective, so I was under the impression that the discussion was continuing, although perhaps not as energetically as you might have desired :-); please read the entire thread again and I shall wait for your thoughts on our thoughts... :-)

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Saswathy and others,

I've been looking up some very old notes of mine, something I used to be in the habit of jotting down since for me this path has been always been of self-study with little to no convenient internet help or of experts and experienced around me to help. Science, otoh, was a piece of cake experience! :-)

Though mentioned in Ganit limb of Jyotish and utilized in calculations (hence knowledge and awareness was not lacking even in ancient times, as some glibly assume today) dare I say that a very high proportion of us including avid phalit practitioners tend not to think beyond longitudes! Including for combustion! Our tropical brethren (modern ones) had been paying more attention to terms such as latitudes and declinations!

Latitude, simply put as I understood is the dimension which indicates how far from the sun a planet drifts apart (y axis, if x axis represents longitude on a standard graph). The boundaries are the ecliptic belt that defines our zodiacal perspective in jyotish (astrology in general?). Most planets (Jyotish kind) do not seem to move away from the sun (always the reference for this parameter and hence always at 0d latitude), sometimes north, other times south. Mercury seems to be the naughty boy and can move nominally 7degrees away, but all others remain within the reach of the Master (Sun) with saturn being the somewhat defiant one (about 2 degrees or so, either way). My notes indicate that mercury tends to escape combustion since it is always with the sun or something to that effect. I vaguely recall reading that in an article or book, but alas did not record the reference. I was but a school boy and not yet into the reality of university education, research and the NEED to capture citations etc, but neither then now now, Jyotish was ever in my mind an academic pursuit or exercise.

In my youthful and childish zeal, back then I just scribbled some hasty notes about declination, but that is something different and very EARTH-based, since it relies on the projection of the earth coordinates into the cosmos and celestial sphere? Since I view Jyotish as very earth-centric perspective and even projection, perhaps that dimension may provides some meaningful clues into this intriguing thing called combustion or astangata dosha that some swear by while others not?

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

P.S.
    My notes also had some interesting quotes:

The dream is the small hidden door in the deepest and most intimate sanctum of the soul, which opens to that primeval cosmic night that was soul long before there was conscious ego and will be soul far beyond what a conscious ego could ever reach.

Great talents are the most lovely and often the most dangerous fruits on the tree of humanity. They hang upon the most slender twigs that are easily snapped off. [[I think he meant *endangered* but Karl was a Komplex genius himself, and meant what he saw and said...! ;-)]]

Creative powers can just as easily turn out to be destructive. It rests solely with the moral personality whether they apply themselves to good things or to bad. And if this is lacking, no teacher can supply it or take its place

Religion is a defense against the experience of God

In studying the history of the human mind one is impressed again and again by the fact that the growth of the mind is the widening of the range of consciousness, and that each step forward has been a most painful and laborious achievement. One could almost say that nothing is more hateful to man than to give up even a particle of his unconsciousness. Ask those who have tried to introduce a new idea!

and many more that brought LIGHT and a twinkle...!

Dear friends ,
    I do feel that combustion need not be taken as a destructive agent as far as the over all yoga structure of any chart . When SUN is considered as the light of the universe , how can he burn any thing which comes near him . He rather illuminates the said combination . In Rabindranath Tagore's chart Venus is combust , but the same Venus gave him noble prize in literature . We come across many charts where combustion has not damaged the said results indicated by that combust planet .Perhaps sun takes the onus of giving the result by purifying ,rather glorifying the result .

hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

Dear friends ,
    In Rabindranath Tagore's chart Venus is combust , but the same Venus gave him noble prize in literature .
    The sun + venus conjunction indicates viparīta rāja yoga and IMHO does not indicate literary success. But what then would indicate this? A few things :

1. sunaphā yoga of mercury and venus in the 2nd house from the moon's position; gives intelligence and fame
    2. nipuṇa yoga of sun and mercury - gives skills, well known and respected.
    3. camara yoga - lagna with auspicious moon; also lagna lord ( also hora lagna) is jupter exalted in the 5th house - indicating intelligence, wisdom, etc.
    4. sarasvati yoga - mercury, jupiter and venus - mercury and venus in the 2nd and jupiter in the 5th; very learned

When mercury is involved the yoga-s shown the intellect is uplifted; jupiter makes it sattvic; mercury as we know drives speach, printing; jupiter is higher learning
    and wisdom. But what of venus ? It offers the ~softer~ side of life - dance, music, song, poetry,etc.

But what of Tagore's spiritual bent¹ ? Look to jupiter + moon , we have:

5. parivrāja yoga -formed when the lagna is at the end of a sign with a benefic in it, and jupiter is in a kendra or trikona; produces an ascetic bent

iti śiva

1. “True deliverance of man is the deliverance from ignorance. It is not in destroying anything that is positive and real, but that which is negative, which obstructs our vision of truth.” - Rabindranath Tagore in his ‘Sadhana’ offering.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Dear all ,
    Tagore's greatness in literary and other fields of education is because of Jupiter and moon conjunction . His loss of wife and loss of comforts could be because of combust venus .In a way we can conclude , combustion affects the karakathwa of a planet and would not touch the lord ship .This is only one perception . But usually all astrologers scare the native that the combustion just burns away all the significations and indications of the bhavas represented by those cmbust planets .which has to be taken with a pinch of salt .

Dear all ,
    Tagore's greatness in literary and other fields of education is because of Jupiter and moon conjunction . His loss of wife and loss of comforts could be because of combust venus .In a way we can conclude , combustion affects the karakathwa of a planet and would not touch the lord ship .This is only one perception . But usually all astrologers scare the native that the combustion just burns away all the significations and indications of the bhavas represented by those cmbust planets .which has to be taken with a pinch of salt .
    Saswathy ji,

Definitely not *all* do! ;-)
    Even 'karakatwa' can ultimately be not so simple, since there are three karakatwa hats ascribed to planets, although with some concordances between two of those for many but not all planets!

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Thread Information