Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drikanith Vs Vakya

Drikanith Vs Vakya

Om Tat Sat,

I've noticed that traditional astrologers use Vakya Panchang for generating the chart. They refer Drikanith only for Temple & Mundane related things. Most of the online softwares, websites are generating charts based on Drikanith Panchang only. I'm seeing that the chart is bit different between both panchangs. I really would like to understand which oneshould be used for generating charts.

Thanks
    Krishna

Re: Drikanith Vs Vakya

Quote Originally Posted by KrishnaTVM View Post
    Om Tat Sat,

I've noticed that traditional astrologers use Vakya Panchang for generating the chart. They refer Drikanith only for Temple & Mundane related things. Most of the online softwares, websites are generating charts based on Drikanith Panchang only. I'm seeing that the chart is bit different between both panchangs. I really would like to understand which oneshould be used for generating charts.

Thanks
    Krishna

Simple answer, and obvious one, Krishna ji! If you have access to both, use them on some known nativities and see which one speaks to you more and better! :-)

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Namaste KrishnaTVM,

I am interested to know the difference also; is there a difference in positional calculation or a perhaps a difference in the method of calculation?
    I am currently using the lahiri ephemeris to calculate but I am interested to use a panchang with a base 24 of gati and vigati; perhaps you would be so kind as to suggest how I might acquire the panchaga of which you speak; I am fascinated to learn more of the roots of this science how to best tell the time, I fear that I may not be able to read the script; are they transcribed into roman script?
    Pertaining to the op: My instinct will always be verify, that no mater who's calculation upon which you are depending; check it from time to time, by way of the 33 deva.

Kind regards.
    Last edited by Mana; 11 May 2014 at 02:24 AM.

hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté
    Om Tat Sat,

Thanks
    Krishna
    If you could, can you define the different approaches ? Then compare and contrast them ?

iti śiva
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Om Tat Sat,

As far as I know I'm giving the difference between Vakkiya and Thirukkanitha (Drikanith) below.

Vakkiya - Follows the calculations as developed by Rishis as it is. There are different Panchangas available in Tamil Nadu & Sri Lanka. ( Pambu/Snake), Srirangam etc). Traditionally astrologers used only this for birth chart calculation and for predictions on individuals.

Thirukkanitha - This is more scientific in nature. Though it is derived from Vakkiya it corrects the data based on developements in astronomy/astrology. Traditionally this one was used predominantly for Temple related activities. ( Prana Prathishta, Ashta Bandhna etc). Most of the softwares in the market are derived out of this.

In general there are couple of significant difference between these two methods.

1. Lagna's duration vary.
    2. Position of Planets vary too.

I raised this question for a specific reason since some of the cases Vakkiya seems to be more accurate than Thirukkanitha when ever there is a mismatch between the two.

--- Meaning of following Tamil word...Vakkiya - Word uttered by Rishis

Thanks
    Krishna

Vaakya (said and understood?) vs Drika (seen and understood?) have been at logger-heads for as long as I have lived! Such questions and skirmishes are nothing NEW!

Surya-Siddhaanta claimed to have originated (revealed to?) MAYA MAHASURAA, sometimes simply MAYASURAA has been intriguing for decades if not centuries and many have dedicated their lives to such pursuits, otherwise worldly folks and some who are not ensnared in the worldly ways?

BOTH camps have claimed, counter-claimed and gotten into cyber-world wars (HOPEFULLY the THIRD WW we all had been fearing and praying that never occurs?), but nothing really resolved or solved?

So, for the GREAT UNWASHED, who get approached by those in dire need for help, WYSIWYG might be the safe and meaningful approach to follow?

JYOTI allows us to SEE? And What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG)?

Even if the JYOTI came from the SUN, or SURYA-UDDAY?

Love, Light, Simplicity...?

Rohiniranjan

Om Tat Sat,

As far as I know I'm giving the difference between Vakkiya and Thirukkanitha (Drikanith) below.

Vakkiya - Follows the calculations as developed by Rishis as it is. There are different Panchangas available in Tamil Nadu & Sri Lanka. ( Pambu/Snake), Srirangam etc). Traditionally astrologers used only this for birth chart calculation and for predictions on individuals.

Thirukkanitha - This is more scientific in nature. Though it is derived from Vakkiya it corrects the data based on developements in astronomy/astrology. Traditionally this one was used predominantly for Temple related activities. ( Prana Prathishta, Ashta Bandhna etc). Most of the softwares in the market are derived out of this.

In general there are couple of significant difference between these two methods.

1. Lagna's duration vary.
    2. Position of Planets vary too.

I raised this question for a specific reason since some of the cases Vakkiya seems to be more accurate than Thirukkanitha when ever there is a mismatch between the two.

--- Meaning of following Tamil word...Vakkiya - Word uttered by Rishis

Thanks
    Krishna

Om Tat Sat,

I understand the complication but I wonder why Vakya is having a better say then Drik in reality when ever there is a diff in the chart between the two.

I've even seen Moon going in Retro as per Vakya resulting in diff Nakshtras at times which I've never heard in Drik world.

This is an exception handling scenario and I just want to understand better.

Thanks
    Krishna

Om Tat Sat,

I understand the complication but I wonder why Vakya is having a better say then Drik in reality when ever there is a diff in the chart between the two.

I've even seen Moon going in Retro as per Vakya resulting in diff Nakshtras at times which I've never heard in Drik world.

This is an exception handling scenario and I just want to understand better.

Thanks
    Krishna
    Moon retro! That is rather interesting! So, did you actually mean that you got better results yourself with vakya values vs drika values? Please do share more when you get some time.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Dear RR Ji,

Moon retro is phoenomenon mostly found in Sri Agasthya Nadi... As far as I know this can be understood only by sages and rishis.

Coming back to Vakya, I've found that Vakya helps in accurate chart creation. My own chart has Venus in second house as per Vakya with Ketu.

As per Drik Venus is in my first house. Real life shows that Vakya is pefectly accurate.

Thanks
    Krishna

Dear RR Ji,

Moon retro is phoenomenon mostly found in Sri Agasthya Nadi... As far as I know this can be understood only by sages and rishis.

Coming back to Vakya, I've found that Vakya helps in accurate chart creation. My own chart has Venus in second house as per Vakya with Ketu.

As per Drik Venus is in my first house. Real life shows that Vakya is pefectly accurate.

Thanks
    Krishna
    Dear Krishna ji,

Since I am not a rishi-muni and though 60+ have not run into any of those, other than their remains, such as BPHS etc, I am not qualified to comment on such matters, claims and beliefs?

Hence we ordinary folks keep bothering those who have found and touched those Greater Beings and expect us to simply believe?

Often wondering about the simple reality? WHAT is the point if a belief cannot be shared, let alone, examined? ;-)

N.B.:[And by my statement, I was not implying any disbelief towards any BELIEFs, astrological or others! In general, there are seen many beliefs and some based on personal observations too. One does not even have to see such differences in charts such as those who utilize tropical zodiac for instance with jyotish rules or different ayanamshas which essentially can be viewed as mapping the same 12 signs etc with different orientation points, tropical vs sidereal being an extreme case of departure. Even without going to such extremes; one also faces the same quandary, if some may wish to call it so, when we study a chart (same ayanamsha) from the chalit vs rashi-as-bhava, whole sign house system. In quite a few cases the planets would shift houses, sometimes forward {reminiscent of direct movements of planets}, in others a backward move to a previous house {reminiscent of retrograde movement} or do not move and remain in the same bhava (house) in the whole sign or chalit bhava-house]! So many interesting and all more or less applicable perspectives... :-) Hence experimentation has its place in modern astrology, even if some may say that it is partly-crippled because the original or parts of the original system are lost or remain/kept hidden.]

Rohiniranjan
    Last edited by Rohiniranjan; 21 May 2014 at 04:54 PM.

Thread Information