Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to get a chart and reading

Where to get a chart and reading

Namaste,

I am very interested in knowing more about this. I was always interested in astrology, but am only familiar with western. I know the basics of reading and interpreting a western chart, but I would like to explore these concepts as they are presented in Jyotish.

I am considering having a chart done and interpreted professionally, and was wondering if anyone could recommend a reliable source. I would like to have the chart mapped out, as well as detailed interpretation/analysis. I am willing to pay for this service.

Thank you.
    Om Namah Shivaya

Light Re: Where to get a chart and reading

Namaste fem ,

There are vast number of hindu jyotish sites. Many of them are paid. Just google it, Because top searches are always reliable.

If anyone wants kundali chart with it's predictions without paying anything, best site for you is www.omganesh.com. It has also paid version which offers complete chart reading in 2,100 rupees.

I have tried it's free version & Almost all predictions were true.

Jai shri hari.

Re: Where to get a chart and reading

Thank you so much! The number of sites available is a bit overwhelming, and it's especially difficult to choose when I am not even exactly sure what I need. Perhaps I will this free site in order to familiarize myself with my chart and the concepts, and then if I still need more detail I can go from there with a paid version.
    Om Namah Shivaya

Shri Rohiniranjan is a good Canada based astrologer. He uses Raman Ayanamsha for chart readings. His services can be availed at http://rohiniranjan.homestead.com/.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Namaste,

Shri Rohiniranjan is now a member of HDF. He PM'd me that he does not use Raman ayanamsha. I stand corrected on that.

(Rohiniranjan ji, were you at one time using Raman ayanamsha? Because at old time AstroExperts.com, at the Q&A sessions, I thought you had mentioned you used Raman Ayanamsha..).
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Namaste,

I used to do western chart readings, so if the layout is the same, it would just be a matter of reinterpreting it, correct? Mine should be an easy one, because all of my planets are in 3 consecutive signs. In Western astrology they are in Libra, Scorpio and Sagittarius. I know in Eastern astrology everything is pretty much moved one sign over...

Pranam.
    Om Namah Shivaya

Quote Originally Posted by fem_phoenix1109 View Post
    Namaste,

I used to do western chart readings, so if the layout is the same, it would just be a matter of reinterpreting it, correct?
    Greetings,

The short answer is "No", but the answer would really depend upon what sort of interpretation you did for your Western chart.
    "Everybody wants to see God but nobody wants to do any sadhana." -- Swami Sivananda
    "You can advance only through karma yoga; by karma yoga you may benefit others also....Only hard work can make a person powerful and energetic." -- Haidakhan Babaji
    "Do everything you do as Śivathondu." -- Yogaswami

hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

Namaste,
    I used to do western chart readings, so if the layout is the same, it would just be a matter of reinterpreting it, correct? Mine should be an easy one, because all of my planets are in 3 consecutive signs. In Western astrology they are in Libra, Scorpio and Sagittarius. I know in Eastern astrology everything is pretty much moved one sign over...
    Pranam.
    I can think of no less then 20 differences between western astrology and jyotish. The orientation is different. It all begins here:
    • sāyan system - proceeding in the way of ayana ; with the precession or the longitude of a planet calculated from the vernal equinoctial point
    • nir-ayan system - nir = not + ayan = precession i.e. without consideration of precession of the equinoxes.
    Other differences?
    • number of graha-s¹ ( ~planets~) used
    • kāraka-s¹ for each graha
    • number of lagna-s¹ used
    • lunar mansions¹ exercised ( nakṣatra )
    • divisional charts ( 16 used)
    • directional strength called dikpāla
    • ātmakāraka principles
      • kārakāṃśa (the location of the ātmakāraka) indicates one's iṣṭadevatā
    • rāśi dṛṣṭi & graha dṛṣṭi (aspects)
    • daśā systems e.g. viṁśottarī daśā system
    • naisargika (natural) balā - strength based upon its luminosity ; who is brightest ? Sun
    • actual time of birth vs. the 'timed' birth
    • ārgala is defined as a bolt, a lock; in jyotish it infers assured ( ~ locked in~) intervention
    • Enlightened authors (jyotiśhāstra )of this science:
      • jyotiṣa Varāha-mihira ācārya
      • ṛṣi jaimini who was the student of veda vyāsa ( some call vādarāyaṇa or bādarāyaṇa)
      • sārāvalī-ji
      • mahārishi parāśara
      • etc. ( more if there is interest)
    • No less then 300 important yoga-s (combinations)
    • The ārūḍha lagna
      • ārūḍha = mounted , ascended , bestridden; risen ; raised up , elevated on high; undertaken ; reached , brought to
      • it is how people and others view you
    Theses are just a few for one's consideration... many of these ~articles~ are offered in this Jyotish folder going back to 2006, if there is interest.

iti śivaṁ

words
    • grāhaka - one who seizes or takes captive ; from grāha ग्रह- seizing , laying hold of , holding i.e. a grāhaka ~seizes~ or influences the circumstances of the native. This is done via the tattva they manage and control
    • kāraka - making , doing , acting , who or what does or produces or creates ; instrumental in bringing about an action
    • lagna ( some write lagnam) - sounds like lugna; this means adhering or clinging to , attached to , sticking or remaining in , fixed on , intent.
      • It is that point on the horizon that occurred during one's time of birth. The point of the ecliptic which at a given time is upon the meridian or at the horizon.

• lunar mansions:
      i.e. śraviṣṭhā or dhaniṣṭhā , śata-bhiṣaj , pūrva-bhadrapadā , uttara-bhadrapadā , revatī , aśvinī , bharaṇī , kṛttikā , rohiṇī or brāhmī , mṛga-śiras or āgrahāyaṇī , ārdrā , punarvasū or yāmakau , puṣya or sidhya , āśleṣā , maghā , pūrva-phalgunī , uttara-phalgunī , hasta , citrā , svātī , viśākhā or rādhā , anurādhā , jyeṣṭha , mūla , pūrvāṣāḍhā , uttarāṣāḍhā , śravaṇa ; abhijit ( is the 28th and has special qualities)
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Thank you so much for the information. It seems quite a bit more complicated than a western chart reading!
    Om Namah Shivaya

hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

Thank you so much for the information. It seems quite a bit more complicated than a western chart reading!
    I would say more robust, then more complicated , but that is my point of view. Not only is the jyotiṣa (~astrologer~) concerned with the native asking questions about the chart, but also considers the direction that the person arrives from (N,S,E,W) the time of day, etc. when addressing questions. These are taken into consideration with the accomplished jyotiṣa.

Also, it is worthy of note that jyotish is considered part of vedāṅga, or limbs of the veda. There are 6 called out:
    1. śikṣā or phonetics
    2. kalpa or ritual
    3. vyākaraṇa or grammar
    4. nirukta or etymology
    5. chandas or meter (beat or timing of rest and activity)
    6. jyotiṣa - means science of light - some call ~astrology and astronomy
    iti śivaṁ
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Thread Information