Thread: Forums Being Marked As Read

Forums Being Marked As Read

Namaste,

It seems like everything on the site keeps getting updated as read, when I haven't read it yet. Or even if it says that a thread is unread, when I click to read the first unread post, it is usually not where I last left off. Does everything get marked as read automatically every time I log in or out, or is there a setting or something that I am missing? It is very frustrating.

I was also wondering - what do the dots by a person's reputation mean? And when I give someone rep, do they see the comment that I type to them?

Thanks for any input!
    Om Namah Shivaya

Re: Forums Being Marked As Read

Quote Originally Posted by fem_phoenix1109 View Post
    Namaste,

It seems like everything on the site keeps getting updated as read, when I haven't read it yet. Or even if it says that a thread is unread, when I click to read the first unread post, it is usually not where I last left off. Does everything get marked as read automatically every time I log in or out, or is there a setting or something that I am missing? It is very frustrating.

I was also wondering - what do the dots by a person's reputation mean? And when I give someone rep, do they see the comment that I type to them?

Thanks for any input!
    Namaste:

I don't know too much about this forum and maybe somebody who does can reply in more detail.

1. The forum gets updated every 24 hours, so even if you visit a sub-forum in which there are threads you haven't seen or replied to, they will often get marked as being 'read' even though you may not have read certain threads in that forum.

2. What do you mean by 'dots next to a persons reputation'?

3. Yes, those comments can be seen by the person to whom you give that reputation.

I shall give you some rep points - just to illustrate that, and because I am nice.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Thread Information