Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Graha's in Gandanda

Graha's in Gandanda

Om Tat Sat,

I've learned that Graha's in Rasi Sandhi or Gandanda/Gandhanda always give bad results on the native even if its functional benefic for a native. Say for Leo ascendant if Sun is placed in Leo at 29 degrees then it will give bad effects on the native. As per the concept any planet placed within 1 degree before or after Rasi sandhi gives bad effects.ie 29 to 1 degrees.

Does we have a similar effect for Lagna as well.

I just want to know more about this. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Thanks
    Krishna

Re: Graha's in Gandanda

Om Tat Sat,

Any Take on this...Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Krishna

In my experience (with my chart), this is true to some extent. Venus as lord of 4th and 9th, has done great damage to the (some) significations of these respective houses. However, as Venus rules the love and marriage arena too, it is to be noted that these significations are not spoilt in my chart. Although many attribute my stay-at-home status to that of Venus's rasi-sandhi being placed in my 10th house natally, I would not agree to this, as I was well employed for a number of years earlier and my decision to be home-bound is partially self-made decision. Also, the difficulties experienced career-wise when employed earlier is explained by 10th lord being placed 6 to Karakamsa in Navamsa.

So based on my chart, I would say that such a planet damages significations of the houses it owns, but might actually do well when it comes to its other Karakatwas, depending on how well it is placed in the Navamsa.

Hope this helps.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Quote Originally Posted by KrishnaTVM View Post
    Om Tat Sat,

Any Take on this...Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Krishna
    R. Santhanam the prolific writer, translator of sanskrit scriptures in one of his books mentioned that the three points where rashis and nakshatras end together, and that would be Cancer/leo, Scorpio/Sagittarius, Pisces/Aries, where water meets air, (and nakshatras of budha and ketu change their guards!) gandanta according to some (I don't recall him mentioning WHO!) operates truly. There are other views too, of course.

I am not aware of any properly documented case studies (in sufficient numbers or critically-examined) which have settled this matter of gandanta, once for all!

Let us await other views from those more experienced in this matter...

Rohiniranjan

Namaste,

To my mind; a lava flow that runs from the central agni Nakshatra into the sea of jala.

My sikṣā Guru Pandit Sanjay Rath has explained this subject with examples on his web site ...

http://srath.com/category/jyoti%E1%B9%A3a/hora-sastra/ga%E1%B9%87%E1%B8%8Danta/

Simple observation of these Junctions will reveal their importance.
    Having had experiences with them that were quite frightening; I have absolutely no doubt as to the validity of Parāśara muni's words on this subject.

Kind regards.
    Last edited by Mana; 05 March 2014 at 09:55 AM.

Just an observation, dear friends, and not even an opinion of mine.

In contemporary times, several indicators which were classically employed in the examination of transits and auspicious timings (muhurta nirnay) have been incorporated in natal horoscopy, For example the considerations such as yogi, avayogi, different kaals, including gandanta and the dreaded, Rahu kaalam mostly used in certain southern zones.

It sounds reasonable that the periods that were considered inauspicious according to muhurtas, if one were to be born in these, might be expected to experience difficulties, if not destruction.

To those for whom the magnificient and pregnant craft of astrology is not akin to a religion or religious pursuit, and who are queasy with mere incomplete anecdotal references and assurances, and who seek to understand the "whys" (although "when" becomes puzzling too for many such considerations which are bristling with diversity of opinions regarding calculations!), it ends up being a delectable meal which can only be sampled in tiny quantities that whet the appetite but do not quench the hunger! As a consequence, the meal remains half-eaten and simply remains...!

Jyotish, which many vehemently claim to be a science and even scientific, remains a vast territory inadequately explored and uncharted. If like contemporary science (Physical though it may be) we possessed fully and properly and transparently documented compendia of horoscopic findings of individuals of the type that most jyotish afficianados come across, such as people like you and I do, that all could pick up and study and indelibly and usefully learn from and with, there would be so little confusion, confounding diversity of opinios, all of which leads to a sense of remaining hungry! The same questions keep repeating, but never seem to go away. Ergo, hunger remains!!

Maybe someday my wish and prayers will come true! If God wishes!!

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Quote Originally Posted by Rohiniranjan View Post
    Maybe someday my wish and prayers will come true! If God wishes!!
    Hinduism is still not in public domain.
    Things to remember:

1. Life = yajña
    2. Depth of Āstika knowledge is directly proportional
    to the richness of Sanskrit it is written in
    3. Āstika = Bhārata ("east") / Ārya ("west")
    4. Varṇa = tripartite division of Vedic polity
    5. r = c. x²
    where,
    r = realisation
    constant c = intelligence
    variable x = bhakti

Quote Originally Posted by Kalicharan Tuvij View Post
    Hinduism is still not in public domain.
    Aadarneeya Kalicharan jee,

You quoted a fragment from my sharing, and issued your mystifying statement as a response!

Please do elaborate and share your thinking, if you consider it relevant and important for what we 'general public' are trying to understand in this thread :-)

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Quote Originally Posted by Mana View Post
    Namaste,

To my mind; a lava flow that runs from the central agni Nakshatra into the sea of jala.
    Mana ji,

Please demystify us a bit more...! How does this nakshatra flow from agni to jala correspond with the rashi flow which at this troublesome gandanta seems to flow from Jala to Agni (e.g., Pisces to aries, cancer to leo...)?

Did you mean the opposing tattwik influences between rashi gandanta and nakshatra gandanta...? Then how does the third one, tithi gandanta fit into this tattwaic-flow and counter-flow?

Perhaps we are getting somewhere, now, only hope it is not like flowing in the Niagara River, as it begins gently and then as it nears the precipice where the Great Niagara Falls begin, the flow gets turbulent and troublesome...? ;-)

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Namaste Rohiniranjan,

Oh please forgive me, I am getting rather too artistic in my interpretation. This is a mental model that I currently use to visualize the nakshatra, in relation to the Rasi and the "infinity" there between. Agni in the center of each group of nine; looking each at a Junction opposite; the mechanism of the tattva flip with day or night birth means that the Agni is centered. In effect this evolves towards the Junctions in its symmetry.

So yes, I am thinking of the junction of the Rasi to the Nakshatra rather than only the Rasi tattva; Prithvi being the earth nakshatra next to the Jala Rasi or the plasma like heat of ketu, as if it were magma that had cooled into the crust of a globe, or perhaps a molten flow into a shore.
    I rather think the recent creation of the Himalayas to be another example of this force, so to my mind Gaṇḍānta is not all bad. It is true that for those afflicted in this incarnation; it can be terribly hard.

So perhaps the Yamuna would be more fitting to the subject than the Niagara falls. It is said that śiva resides at the meeting place of 3 rivers!

Please do excuse my mercurial ways; this sort of imagery helps me to remember.

Oh now, the Tithi to the nakshatra, now there is an interesting thought; I will need to meditate on this for a while, although any pointers here would be greatly appreciated ...
    I am currently trying to understand the Junction between KumarI and Simha; the lions Jaws. There is perhaps some relation here to Rtu the seasons; but this is, at this time, pure speculation on my part.

Kind regards.

Thread Information