View Poll Results: Should Threads Specifically Discussing Caste have it's Own Category?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

7 41.18%
  • NO

10 58.82%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should Caste threads have Their Own Section?

Re: Should Caste threads have Their Own Section?

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Namaste,

Really?
    Namaste.

Substitute the word 'in' for the word 'is'.

That's what happens when you type at 3am.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Caste or Vrana should belong to topic it relates to , if individuals do not wish to comment , then dont, do you watch all programmes on a certain channel.

Unfortunately moderation is biased, individuall get put on moderation when they have started threads for discussion, which then get turned into something else by other individuals who start personal attacks, and then when response is given, the person who is attacked in the begining gets put on pre mod, go figure.
    If that is the way fairness is applied here, then there are others forums where fair balance is kept.

If you do not post this post, then cancel my account.

Admin Note

Namaste,
    You are breaking rule 7 with your post. Please read the rules again and let me know if you have any questions.

Just a general comment, there are a number of forums on the Internet. If HDF is not the right fit for you please feel free to go elsewhere. No one should feel obligated to post on HDF.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by dogra View Post
    Unfortunately moderation is biased, individuall get put on moderation when they have started threads for discussion, which then get turned into something else by other individuals who start personal attacks, and then when response is given, the person who is attacked in the begining gets put on pre mod, go figure.
    If that is the way fairness is applied here, then there are others forums where fair balance is kept.

satay

Namaste All

I hope this posting (which was just a suggestion) isn't causing grief for anyone.

If that is the case, maybe it isn't such a good idea.

Looks like the poll is against my idea anyway.

Thanks for the consideration!

Om Namah Sivaya

Namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by ShivaFan View Post
    Namaste All

I hope this posting (which was just a suggestion) isn't causing grief for anyone.
    No, not at all.
    satay

Quote Originally Posted by dogra View Post
    Caste or Vrana should belong to topic it relates to , if individuals do not wish to comment , then dont, do you watch all programmes on a certain channel.

Namaste,

Are we not all humans?

If things are favourable, then there wont be any complain, but if not, then you feel you are offended. Certain decisions are instinctive. Often some discussions are very sensitive as religion itself is very sensitive topic with pride and emotions attached to it. It is the basis of one’s life. If the discussion is too intensive , IMHO, better option would be to take a break.

I learned that problem is with me. Too much involvement and taking things too seriously breaks meditation.

I like @Philosoraptor's approach - Ignore if you do not agree.

If you find something offensive, then without lashing back, you can contact mods/admin (this applies to me too). Even if you are not involved in thread, you can report something that is too serious. Reading all the posts from mod POV is really a pain. Please do not take things much seriously.

Members here do not represent the whole of Hinduism, and their words are not like line carved on stone all have their own opinions, which they freely share.

Anyways, @ShivaFan, caste is not something special. Ancient Rishis were much more intelligent then today’s social reformers and I fully trust them and try to follow them as much as possible. Most people believe in caste, even in city like Mumbai. I think 'On Dharma' section is better for such topics, but the thing is, caste-based opinion can be made in any Hindu Dharma related post, which includes vedas and upanishads.

If someone is not comfortable with 'Traditional-Neo' saga , then I think 'Orthodox-modern' or 'Traditional-New Age' words can be used to classify, if at all someone wishes to classify. Rest is all subjective.

Aum

Amrut
    Last edited by Amrut; 12 June 2013 at 10:13 AM.
    Only God Is Truth, Everything Else Is Illusion - Ramakrishna
    Total Surrender of Ego to SELF is Real Bhakti - Ramana Maharshi

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

namah SivAya vishnurUpAya viShNave SivarUpiNe, MBh, vanaparva, 3.39.76

Sanskrit Dict | MW Dict | Gita Super Site | Hindu Dharma

Thread Information