Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Gautam Buddha is indeed a Hindu

Gautam Buddha is indeed a Hindu

A Hindu is any person who practices Karma, Bhakti, or Jnana for achieving Moksha. In Hinduism, Moksha means a union with Brahm.

The Buddha's aim was Moksha. He made members in his monastic order (Arya Sangha) take the Pratimoksha (vows of liberation.)

He endorsed Brahmacharya. He called his own path the Brahmayana (Path to Brahm.) A Buddhist Temple is known as a Brahma-kshetra (land of Brahm.)

He declared that His path is the Sanatan Dharm ("Eso Sanatanno Dhammo"). He declared that his path is the Arya Dharma.

All my efforts to reveal the Buddha as a Hindu have been posted here:
    http://hinduwiki.com/index.php?title=Buddhism
    http://hinduwiki.com/index.php?title...atar_of_Vishnu

Re: Gautam Buddha is indeed a Hindu

Namaste Prime Directive,

This is a very good effort !

How is Hindu Wiki different from well known Wikipedia ?

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Cool Re: Gautam Buddha is indeed a Hindu

Oh PD G

Budhdha was a hindu, but the word hinduism was not there at that time the only word was Dharm

Brahmans Alar Kalam and Rudrak Ramputra were his Gurus
    It was Ashok who spreaded buddhism as a religion

Dharm (now Hinduism) is not religion, but way to OM

The term 'Hindu', contrary to what the western and commy historians would have us believe, was not of a later origin. The term 'Hindu' was used as early as 520 BCE, during Buddha's time. It was also used in King Ashoka's inscriptions.

For an interesting discussion of the origin of this term, download and read the booklet Antiquity and Origin of the Term 'Hindu' by Dr. Murlidhar H. Pahoja at: http://sarasvati95.googlepages.com/antiquityhindu.pdf
    रत्नाकरधौतपदां हिमालयकिरीटिनीम् ।
    ब्रह्मराजर्षिररत्नाढ्यां वन्दे भारतमातरम् ॥

To her whose feet are washed by the ocean, who wears the Himalayas as her crown, and is adorned with the gems of rishis and kings, to Mother India, do I bow down in respect.

--viShNu purANam

How is Hindu Wiki different from well known Wikipedia ?
    This is my research. Almost everything in HinduWiki article of "Gautama Buddha as an Avatar of Vishnu" is referenced (from texts, not websites.)

I try to reference everything I can.

Buddha didn't call himself a Hindu as the term wasn;t popular then. Buddha Bhagavan did however call himself an Arya (and his religion the Arya Dharma) and a Sanatan (and his religion Sanatan Dharma.)

http://hinduwiki.com/index.php?title...4%81tana_Dharm

Om Mahamahesvararaja Tathagataya

Many Buddhism said the sect who get chritic from Buddha Gautama is Hindu.

But acctually Hindu have so many sect and every sect sometimes have different philosophy etc...

So, i think is not true to said that sect is all of Hinduism

in Mahayana and Tantrayana Tripitaka, i find many Gautama Buddha teaching is related to Sanata Dharma. And no any doubt here...

OM. VAJRA. VISHNUYA. SVAHA
    OM. VAJRA. GARUDA. CALE CALE. HUM PHAT

OM. AMOGHA VAIROCANA. MAHA-MUDRA. MANI PADMA JVALA PRAVARTTAYA. HUM

Om Saha Nau-Avatu |
    Saha Nau Bhunaktu |
    Saha Viiryam Karava-Avahai |
    Tejasvi Nau-Adhii-Tam-Astu Maa Vidviss-Aavahai |
    Om Shaantih Shaantih Shaantih ||

Quote Originally Posted by PrimeDirectives View Post
    In Hinduism, Moksha means a union with Brahm.
    Hi PD,
    Whilst this is correct for Hinduism, it's not the case with Buddhism. Buddhist Nirvana is not union with any deity (however one chooses to define it).

It is very helpful for a spiritual seeker to compare and contrast the teachings of the two traditions, as they are both sublime in their own way.

If Buddhism is simply dismissed as Hinduism, or even vice versa, then the valuable contrast is overlooked.

Namaste

Quote Originally Posted by srivijaya View Post
    Hi PD,
    Whilst this is correct for Hinduism, it's not the case with Buddhism. Buddhist Nirvana is not union with any deity (however one chooses to define it).

It is very helpful for a spiritual seeker to compare and contrast the teachings of the two traditions, as they are both sublime in their own way.

If Buddhism is simply dismissed as Hinduism, or even vice versa, then the valuable contrast is overlooked.

Namaste
    Hi Srivijaya,

We all overlooked this point, it seems. Thanks for the precise observation. Its not the case of Hinduism either to unite with Brahman, since it is an impossibilty. Brahman is ever purna -- the full. How can a second come from outside and unite with Brahman?

When we talk of uniting, it is really the bhakti, which derives its meaning from its opposite vibhakta -- the divided. Bhakti means uniting the mind with its source -- the God, Brahman or whatever you may like to call it.

Many Hindu gurus actually place bhakti higher than yoga, since yoga involves a striving to unite whereas bhakti is effortless unity of mind and its source.

I hope I am not saying something which you will easily catch as anomalous with your precise understandiing.

Regards,

Om
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Quote Originally Posted by atanu View Post
    I hope I am not saying something which you will easily catch as anomalous with your precise understandiing.
    No Sir, a wonderful and informative reply.

Namaste

Many Buddhism said the sect who get chritic from Buddha Gautama is Hindu.

But acctually Hindu have so many sect and every sect sometimes have different philosophy etc...

So, i think is not true to said that sect is all of Hinduism
    Yes not all Indian sects are Hindu HOWEVER THE BUDDHA HIMSELF WAS A HINDU AS HE BELIEVED IN UNION WITH BRAMH. HE ENDORSED THE BRAHM - BRAHMACARYA, BRAHMA-KSHETRA, BRAHMA-VIHARA, BRAHMAYANA.

I'M NOT SAYING THE BUDDHISM PRACTICED BY THE EAST ASIANS IS HINDU BUT THE ORIGINAL BUDDHISM WAS HINDU.

Thread Information