Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A perfect example of Christian narrow-mindedness

Hybrid View

A perfect example of Christian narrow-mindedness

I came across this site when searching for "Hindu" blogs.

http://mackquigley.wordpress.com/201...aded-for-hell/

I don't think I have ever seen a better example of how some Christians are narrow-minded and hate filled.

Re: A perfect example of Christian narrow-mindedness

Hello,

[edited]

I am not defending those people that do bad things, as in previous posts I wasn't defending bad Muslims. I am just saying (again) that hateful though only brings hateful speech and only brings more and more hate.
    This is not a part of a good Dharma.

Didn't the sages said that every religion were right, that every god manking worship is the same Brahman ? Didn't they said that all is just a different path and that we had to respect other's ?

They do bad things ? Let them be. Karma will judge them. You have no right to do it yourself and to bring hate.

Aum~
    Last edited by McKitty; 17 April 2012 at 07:17 AM.
    ~Aum Namah Shivaya~

I've always wondered what is so appealing about a religion like this, that is hateful and condemns other people. It's awful and sad.

If I may also add, this blogger is quite a smart alek, showing no love or kindness. But then, I am willing to bet that "it's just my zeal!" Sigh.

Vannakkam Tandava: Do you get hate mail, or hate comments directed at you and your blog, and then have to delete them? I'm curious.

Aum Namasivaya

The title of that page - "Hindus are headed for hell" was interesting.

With people like MackQuigley in heaven, I have no interest to share the same place as him. I think the Abrahamic hell is going to be so much more fun than their heaven.

What will Abrahamics do in heaven for the infinity of time?

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam Tandava: Do you get hate mail, or hate comments directed at you and your blog, and then have to delete them? I'm curious.

Aum Namasivaya
    Very rarely. I have my blog set so that the first time someone comments I have to moderate it, so usually they only send one - that only happens once every two or three months. If I have a "suspect" comment I set them so that they have to be moderated for further comments, but by default once I approve one then all future comments get through unmoderated.

I have 28 email addresses that are always moderated - for five years of blogging, though I used to get very little traffic early on.

This doesn't really annoy me. This is just some whacky guy with diarrhea of the mouth (or pen/keyboard, as the case may be). And I've seen enough on the news about the Westboro Baptist Church to question if people who say these things even really believe them, or are just trying to get attention.

We Hindus do not need to worry about Christians who tell us outright that we're going to hell for failing to give up our culture and religion to convert to some random Western faith. Rather we need to be wary of the more common evangelical Christians of America, who believe we're going to hell and seek to convert us subtly rather than overtly. Put yourself in the shoes of an Indian college student, either from India or from an irreligious Hindu home in America, who's starting his first year at college. The crazy campus preacher who condemns everyone to hell is no threat to him; he'll dismiss that person for what he is. But what about the evangelical from Campus Crusade who meets this guy in the dorms, befriends him, plays a few rounds of Counterstrike with him, tells him about Jesus, asks him tough questions about his Hindu religion, and slowly sows the seeds of doubt. Before you know it the Campus Crusader invites this Hindu to church, and this poor soul is isolated from his fellow Hindus, deep within the bowels of Christian culture. The Hindu has enough doubt about the faith he grew up with that he is susceptible to the peer pressure of everyone around him. Ultimately bows to Christianity. That is how evangelicals convert Hindus to Christianity. It's not by hellfire preaching. Evangelicals talk Hindus out of Hinduism and into Christianity. It's friendly, it's polite, and it's uttrly insidious.

Personally I wish every Christian in the world were like this blogger. I like him because he's honest, he's straightforward, and he is utterly unsuccessful in his evil mission of converting Hindus. If every Christian were like this guy, no Hindu would ever convert to Christianity. We should be celebrating this man and congratulating him on a job poorly done.

"Never argue with an idiot; they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Guys like that are idiots and looking for attention. Few people, relative to the entire population, take them seriously. Most people laugh at them. Don't give them the attention they crave.
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by sanjaya View Post
    That is how evangelicals convert Hindus to Christianity. It's not by hellfire preaching. Evangelicals talk Hindus out of Hinduism and into Christianity. It's friendly, it's polite, and it's uttrly insidious.
    So true. I have seen this in action. It can really be tricky if you are not paying attentioin to their plan.
    satay

Thread Information