Thread: a statue of Lord Narasimha

a statue of Lord Narasimha

Hello, everyone,

I'm looking for a statue of Lord Narasimha for my home, and I was wondering if anyone else has seen one that they like or could recommend a good on-line store for statues.

Thanks,

Jesse

Re: a statue of Lord Narasimha

Vannakkam Jesse: There are quite a few on-line sites. I found one that has a Narasimha statue here: http://www.chitrahandicrafts.com/ind...suppliers.html

Since its not one of the more common depictions, it may be harder to find. If you're anywhere close to a larger Indian immigrant community, or little India, you could try browsing stores. I've actually never seen one in a store though.

Aum Namasivaya

Namast, Jesse.

Try this link - these are the current figures of Narasimha in stock at Exotic India Art, ranging in price from $25 to nearly $1,400 (!). I have purchased books from this site twice before and had a good shopping experience both times.

I've seen far more Lord Narasimha posters than figurines/statues, but I will keep my eyes open and post on this thread again if I come across anything! Good luck in your search.

Indraneela
    ===
    Oṁ Indrāya Namaḥ.
    Oṁ Namaḥ Śivāya.

I have a Narasimha standing still striking with his claws made out of clay. It was custom made though. Since the first time the murti arrived at my home I stopped having astral disturbances during dreams.
    Last edited by Adhvagat; 01 March 2011 at 07:52 PM.

Thanks for some good leads, everyone.

EM, that store has some really nice work. With wood, though, I always wonder at the quality of the original material. Wood has a nasty tendency to open up. The statues seem well-made, though, and I hope that the quality of the craftsmanship also is reflected in the raw materials used.

Namaste,

Jesse

Hello Jesse,

Here are some nice statues of lord Narasimha. They are in different price ranges from 39€ - 1900€, I am sure there is something to your liking. http://malola-trade.net/deities-murt...a-c-22_76.html

Thread Information