Quote Originally Posted by sanjaya View Post
I don't know which sage you're referring to (not saying you're wrong, I just honestly am not aware of this saying).
Sri Ramakrishna:

"I have practised all religionsHinduism, Islam, Christianityand I have also followed the paths of the different Hindu sects. I have found that it is the same God toward whom all are directing their steps, though along different paths. You must try all beliefs and traverse all the different ways once. Wherever I look, I see men quarrelling in the name of religionHindus, Mohammedans, Brahmos, Vaishnavas, and the rest. But they never reflect that He who is called Krishna is also called Siva, and bears the name of the Primal Energy, Jesus, and Allah as wellthe same Rama with a thousand names"

Paramahansa Yogānanda also wrote in his Aims and Ideals for Self-Realization Fellowship/Yogoda Satsanga Society...

To point out the one divine highway to which all paths of true religious beliefs eventually lead: the highway of daily, scientific, devotional meditation on God.

McKitty may also be referring to the "ekam sat viprah bahudha vadanti... " verse of the R.V. 1.164.46