which allow me to share my thought
    openly.

Re: Assalamualaikum Ehadikumullah

Welcome to HDF.

Quote Originally Posted by Akram Fakir View Post
    May Allah give you the right path.
    What would this be?

I am Akram from Bangladesh.
    What is the basis of Bangladesh's nationhood? Is it religion? If yes, why? How are Hindus treated in your country? Is every citizen treated equally under the law or are there special rules for special people?

Wants to share my thoughts and open minded to except the others if it is true.I am happy to introducing such in a good forum which allow me to share my thought openly.
    Yes. People should be open to share thoughts. That is how rough edges get smoothened out.

Here is a common question that get asked of many Muslims but not many are able to answer in a rational fashion.

Should apostasy be punishable by death?

Namaste Akram,

Welcome to the forums ! You must have got a shock at the reactions of some of our forum members. I wish it would have been otherwise.

Let's not be a prison of the past. You are welcome to offer your views long as you don't hurt the religious sentiments of other forum members.

Please take care of these things while posting here which will help you and us in your happy stay here :

Hindu Dharma cannot be compared with any Abrahimic religion that you are familiar with. It has hundreds of authoritative scriptures, widely varying belief systems (sometimes contradicting) and traditions and yet bound by a strong thread which unites us all. Hindus believe that everything and every being is an expression of God, that God can be worshiped in any form/name and even as formless, that there is nothing like "false God", that there is no "Satan" except our own detrimental/inimical thoughts within us, that there is no permanent hell or heaven, that God is not a megalomaniac/eccentric who is ready to punish anyone who doesn't pray or doesn't believe in his book/messenger, that God doesn't need any help from human beings to fight a war for Him (if he needed anything like that he was capable of doing it all by himself) etc. etc.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Quote Originally Posted by devotee View Post
    Welcome to the forums ! You must have got a shock at the reactions of some of our forum members. I wish it would have been otherwise.

You wish Akram wouldnt be shocked OR some of our forum members would not react the way they do OR both OR neither [you being an Advantin ]
    Last edited by wundermonk; 04 April 2012 at 04:00 AM. Reason: Grammer fxi

Namaste WM,

Quote Originally Posted by wundermonk View Post

You wish Akram wouldnt be shocked OR some of our forum members would not react the way they do OR both OR neither [you being an Advantin ]
    How can you have such a doubt ? "Some of our forum members should not have reacted the way they did" ==> Is it clear now ?

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Hello devotee:

I say, wait and watch before judging...

Let us give Akram a chance to explain a few knotty issues of Islam. Perhaps he can surprise us by coming up with a benevolent interpretation that would go against the grain of Islam.

I will stop posting on this thread now and allow Akram to speak for himself instead of me setting up strawmen, etc.

Namaste.

Namaste,

Welcome to the forums. In your name you have Fakir, so I am thinking you may practice Tasawwuf (Sufism) or are planning to? I am only asking, I do not mind what path your on. If you do wish to guide us to a different path than the Dharma then I suggest you post in the Islam section and get prepared for many responses. It is also important to not just copy and paste as we have had many do in the past. We enjoy discussion on this forum and it just takes away from the discussion if we are just linked to many articles.

Look forward to hearing your views and contributions to the forum.

Om Namah Shivaya

Namaste Akram Fakir.

Quote Originally Posted by Akram Fakir View Post
    May Allah give you the right path.
    Quote Originally Posted by wundermonk View Post
    What would this be?
    Where is the dharma here? How about "May Allah, may Krishna, may Shiva, may Maa, may the Buddha, may Jesus, may Yahweh, may the One give you the right path."

Ekam sat viprah bahudha vadanti. How quickly we claim Hinduism is Sanātana Dharma, but actually forget what scriptures say.

Gentle hint Akram: you will find some people, few though they may be but the loudest (as is always the case), may give you a hard time. Try not to be put off. Most will not do this if you are a true devotee of God and are on the path to reach Him. That's all ANY of us should be doing regardless of the faith. The Sanskrit quote above is from the Rig Veda: "The truth is one but the wise know it by many names". There are some not so wise people upon this Earth.
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Quote Originally Posted by TouchedbytheLord View Post
    Where is the dharma here? How about "May Allah, may Krishna, may Shiva, may Maa, may the Buddha, may Jesus, may Yahweh, may the One give you the right path."
    back at you.

Tolerance is NOT a one-way street. Why is it always the Hindu who needs to prove her secularism and the Mohammedan is fine saying "I am right, you are wrong."?

Beloved Akram,

May Beloved Shiva bring you happiness and also full round to this Truth you come to find<3

Thank you for making introduction...and welcome to the forum.

Hari Om~

---------------

As to this other conversation...here in my home we have a saying..."The wise ...allow one to hang himself...with the rope provided." I do not think this One who has made two posts has done anything to warrant the attack, as attacking One without a just cause would not be Dharmic?

One time i leave candy out on the counter and told the children it was for a trip. My husband ask me in the evening...."Should not we put this candy up...so children do not take?"

I say..."No...for it is better to allow this one to ....hang himself...so we know of this flaw in our child's character...than to live in a dellusion that this child is without such a flaw."

The candy...a small price to pay for such knowledge. Now, here upon the forum? What cost would it be to any One of you to allow such a thing to happen. The words...just as little price as the candy above and can all be cleaned up if they were to prove somehow a problem. So i allow this One to play out their portion of the drama.

The candy from my story above?

Was not eaten....that next morning when i came down to make breakfast. This was a profound lesson for the one behind the scenes watching...the children were unaware of the whole thing.

Thread Information