Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Deepavali/Diwali!

Happy Deepavali/Diwali!

Vannakkam everyone!

It's already the 13th of November here in Malaysia and I would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a Blessed and Happy Deepavali! The celebrations here are just very grand and never-ending.

In the many 'Little India' towns located in various states all over Malaysia, the celebrations are awesome! The community spirit would leave anyone overwhelmed and wanting more. It's been going on for years now with hundreds of shops and stalls selling Indian stuff during this beautiful festival, and just now at 12am, there was a huge fireworks display, which happens every year!

The crowd was huge, more than in previous years, and this makes me feel so very 'in-the-mood' to celebrate. I've been going everyday to the Little India here for a week already, either with relatives or friends (it's the best time to buy Indian stuff) and I can't seem to get enough of it. Though it rained almost every night, including a slight drizzle few hours ago, the crowds never reduced and seem to be getting more and more! I absolutely love it.

I usually dislike large, unorganised crowds but this year I made myself comfortable walking among thousands of other Hindus and joining in the community spirit while busy shopping for Deepavali stuff.

And they had various performances on huge stages. This year alone there were 2 stages located in different spots of the same Little India. The crowd was just amazing. In the previous years except last year there was only 1 stage. I'm just glad that I went every night.

Of course I go every year, as it's quite close to my residential area, but this year there's some sort of magic in the air! And my birthday celebrations also took place just a few hours ago, although the actual date was 2 weeks back!

Not to mention the many celebrations and dinners beginning tomorrow to celebrate this Festival of Lights ( as it's called here in Malaysia). This will go on for a few days and can stretch up to a week or 2.

I can go on and on in this excitement, but my main reason for this thread is to wish HDF members and Hindus all over the world a very Happy Deepavali! Have a wonderful and blessed year ahead!

Aum Namah Shivaya

Re: Happy Deepavali/Diwali!

Pranam Equinox and all

HAPPY DIPAWALI, let there be light in all our lives.

Lots off good will, nice food and Diwali is not Diwali without the Fireworks.

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

Namaste,

A very happy Diwali and happy Govardhan puja to all.
    Also a happy and prosperous new year to the members who celebrate their new year at this time of the year.

Pranam.

Shubh Deepavali!

Happy Deepavali to all Members and Families on HDF! I am VERY happy because tomorrow I leave work early and will go to have Darshan of Meenakshi Devi Amman! She is the Beauty of the World! Also there will be Lord Shiva, Subramanya and Hanuman. Happy, happy Diwali!

But also, though tomorrow I will go to see Meenakshi at a "South Indian" temple in California, I must mention that in West Bengal there will be KALI PUJA! Jai Mother Kali! Kali Puja is held on the 2nd day of the Diwali Festival.

May this Deepavali be a new beginning of peace, prosperity and happiness for all!
    OM NAMAH SIVAYA

Last edited by ShivaFan; 12 November 2012 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Colors!

Wish you all and your family a very happy, enjoying, prosperous, healthy and safe diwali
    Love and best wishes:hug:

Wishing everyone a very joyful, bright and safe Deepavali.
    Fully aware of the deficiency of my intelligence, I concentrate my attention on the son of Pavana,
    And humbly ask for strength, intelligence and true knowledge to relieve me of all painful blemishes.

Wishing You all A Happy Diwali!!!
    Missing th ecelebrations back home in India..

To all of my brothers and sisters in Sanatana Dharma:

Sanatana Dharma ki Jai!
    Jai Hanuman

Happy Deepavali all!

Subh Deepavali Evam Nutan Varshabhinandan

Nice photo wundermonk

Aum
    Only God Is Truth, Everything Else Is Illusion - Ramakrishna
    Total Surrender of Ego to SELF is Real Bhakti - Ramana Maharshi

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

namah SivAya vishnurUpAya viShNave SivarUpiNe, MBh, vanaparva, 3.39.76

Sanskrit Dict | MW Dict | Gita Super Site | Hindu Dharma

Thread Information