Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Christianity is Ego-Based

Re: How Christianity is Ego-Based

Quote Originally Posted by Aum namah Śivāya View Post
    नमस्ते,

Can you explain this? This is interesting, but I don't know about it.

ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Namaste Aum namah Śivāya,

I believe this to be connected to the different Calendar systems, the Roman calendar being a Sun based Calendar.

Occidental Astronomy uses the tropical zodiac and focuses solely on the Sun, which represents the ego. It slips out of phase with the stars, and the positions of the houses no longer correspond to the stars them selves.

Jyotish uses sidereal astronomy, and is a study of the actual position of the stars and thus the light received from them, as such it is in harmony with the stars, the Solar system and Galaxy etc.

I think that quite possible, the data taken at the time this science was translated, or inherited, is incomplete or has been misunderstood; meaning the whole zodiac is beating in and out of phase with its self. Rather like a badly tuned instrument. I believe, due to the faliur to recognise the counter rotation of the earth's wobble as it spins.

praNAma

mana
    Last edited by Mana; 17 April 2012 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mana View Post
    Namaste Aum namah Śivāya,

I believe this to be connected to the different Calendar systems, the Roman calendar being a Sun based Calendar.

Occidental Astronomy uses the tropical zodiac and focuses solely on the Sun, which represents the ego. It slips out of phase with the stars, and the positions of the houses no longer correspond to the stars them selves.

Jyotish uses sidereal astronomy, and is a study of the actual position of the stars and thus the light received from them, as such it is in harmony with the stars, the Solar system and Galaxy etc.

I think that quite possible, the data taken at the time this science was translated, or inherited, is incomplete or has been misunderstood; meaning the whole zodiac is beating in and out of phase with its self. Rather like a badly tuned instrument. I believe, due to the faliur to recognise the counter rotation of the earth's wobble as it spins.

praNAma

mana
    नमस्ते,

Thanks. That is fascinating. Thank you for the explanation.

ॐ नमः शिवाय

In Christianity, there is competition to be the best, the highest, to have the true God.
    Essentially, the Abrahamic God is impotent, jealous, wants us to wage war for his sake, sends a prophet, but mankind simply doesnt care so God has to send another prophet and then God gets all tired of this charade and becomes all shy and says no more prophets for you, you erring humankind.

Here is a funny take on the Abrahamic God.

Namaste.

In Christianity, we hear again and again, in both the Old and New Testament, that you must worship "The Lord" alone, no other idols, images, etc. He is a "jealous god," which proves my point in that phrase alone.

In Christianity, there is competition to be the best, the highest, to have the true God. In Hinduism, ego has no part in it. God is God no matter how He is manifest for each person. This is what I like about Hinduism.

ॐ नमः शिवाय
    This is all true. However, let us remember there is no "Abrahamic God", there is only the view of God by Abrahamics. That's a very big distinction. To suggest that each religion has a God is to deny the existence of One God, and make existence polytheistic.

The twisted and perverted view of God by Abrahamics is the heart of the matter; humans are the problem. And not even a majority of them, rather, a minority of vocal and vicious, twisted and perverted miscreants. Remember the "one bad apple... " aphorism.
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Quote Originally Posted by wundermonk View Post
    Essentially, the Abrahamic God is impotent, jealous, wants us to wage war for his sake, sends a prophet, but mankind simply doesnt care so God has to send another prophet and then God gets all tired of this charade and becomes all shy and says no more prophets for you, you erring humankind.

Here is a funny take on the Abrahamic God.
    नमस्ते,

Lol, thanks for this link. Made my wife and I laugh.

@TBL:

Yes of course it is not actually a separate God who is like this, just the way that Christians see God.

ॐ नमः शिवाय

LOL..funny situation.
    ॐ महेश्वराय नमः

|| Om Namo Bhagavate Rudraya ||

Hara Hara Mahadeva Shambo Shankara

Thread Information