Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are all these philosophies?

Question What are all these philosophies?

Hari Bol!
    All glories to Sri Guru and Gauranga!

Please forgive my ignorance, however i do wish to ask a question, what are all the philosophies, namely

- Advaita
    - Dvaita
    - Vishishtadvaita
    - Paradvaita

I want to know what these are, what are some of the main ideas and how they differ from one another, also can someone please tell me which one i should learn being a Gaudiya Vaishnava?

Thank you, i await your answers,
    Please do not start off topic conversations here, if you disagree, then state it
    but for more in depth topics, please start a new topic, thank you very much for i would like anyone who wants to know about the philosophies like me can easily see it without a huge search, thank you for understanding

Jai Sri Radhe-Syam!
    Last edited by Samraat Bhismadeva Maurya; 12 July 2014 at 02:22 AM.
    "Hare Krisha Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare Hare, Hare Rama Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare" ¬ The Glorious Mahamantra. Chant this 108 times a day and keep Samsara away

Re: What are all these philosophies?

hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

Quote Originally Posted by Samraat Bhismadeva Maurya View Post
    Hari Bol!

Please forgive my ignorance, however i do wish to ask a question, what are all the philosophies, namely

- Advaita
    - Dvaita
    - Vishishtadvaita
    - Paradvaita

I want to know what these are, what are some of the main ideas and how they differ from one another, also can someone please tell me which one i should learn being a Gaudiya Vaishnava?

Please do not start off topic conversations here, if you disagree, then state it
    but for more in depth topics, please start a new topic, thank you very much for i would like anyone who wants to know about the philosophies like me can easily see it without a huge search, thank you for understanding

Jai Sri Radhe-Syam!
    Your request is no small task as much can be written and re-written ( about the size of all HDF posts year to date).

If you wish to go to one place and see this knowledge neatly and sufficiently reviewed may I recommend The Systems of Indian Philosophy by Subodh Kapoor

You can see the 2 vol. set book here:

http://www.infibeam.com/Books/info/s...177558870.html
    Which is shown out of stock - but you may wish to contact customerservice@infibeam.me .

Or you can buy it here:
    http://www.amazon.com/Systems-Indian...+Subodh+Kapoor

Be sure you get both volumes.

iti śiva
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Hari Bol!

Thank you Yajvan for your answer
    However, i am in no position to buy a book.

Scrap the previous question, guess i can learn it another time, but i have another question.

What philosophy should a vaishnava and devotee of Krishna follow? What are a few key underlying ideas and concepts and where to read this philosophy?

Is the philosophy scattered over several books or is it present in one book, thank you.

My main question is which philosophy belongs to Gaudiya Vaishnavisim

Thank you very much for your time,

Jai Sri Radhe-Syam!
    "Hare Krisha Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare Hare, Hare Rama Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare" ¬ The Glorious Mahamantra. Chant this 108 times a day and keep Samsara away

Pranam king Mauraya..

Hari Bol!
    What philosophy should a vaishnava and devotee of Krishna follow?
    You'll find different vaishnawas having different philosphies. Myself Vaishnawa who's advaitian. We worship Krishna as our true self.

My main question is which philosophy belongs to Gaudiya Vaishnavisim
    It is a part of Dvaia. Gaudiya claim their sampradaya evolved from Madhvacharya's Dvaita.

Thank You
    Last edited by hinduism♥krishna; 14 July 2014 at 10:20 AM.

hello,
    Gaudiyas follow "Acintya BedAbeda" philosophy and a simple translation of this words mean "Inconceivable simultaneous oneness and differences".

Hare Krshna!
    Last edited by yajvan; 14 July 2014 at 10:38 AM.

Namaste Samraat Bhismadeva Maurya

Since you're only 14 no philosophy is for you. Wait until you're 18 or 19.
    Grames said which is Gaudiya vaishnava philosophy.
    I explained which books are meant for you, did you noticed? See here:
    http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=13021

These books and philosophy therein described are studied by those who are Gaudiya vaishnavas.

regards

Namaste,

Certain qualifying standards should be met before studying religious literature or philosophy.One such parameter is age.You are too young Ji to delve into such complex philosophies.I would suggest that you stay away from Vedanta.It is better that you follow the advice given by above members.
    He dances in the golden hall of Chidambaram, Let us worship His rosy anklet girt Feet.

Hari Bol!

- Advaita
    - Dvaita
    - Vishishtadvaita
    - Paradvaita

Jai Sri Radhe-Syam!
    Dear Prabhu, it would be wise to not go deeper into these kinds of philosophy. If you just want a quick overview, here it is: (Forgive my mistakes)

Advaita- Propounded by Sri Adi Shankara nationwide, it states that there is no difference between Atma and Paramatma, meaning Atma is Brahman.

Dvaita- Propounded by Sripad Madhvacharya, it states that atma is completely different from Paramatma.

Vishishtadvaita= Propounded by Sripad Ramanujacharya, it states that Atma is a spark or a ray of God. I THINK they believe that every atma is a attribute of Brahman, meaning ATma is not complete God, but we are also part of God.

Achintya Bheda Abheda is similar to Vishistadvaita, but not completely.

Note that all these philosophies/acharyas were Vaisnava.

Dear Bhishmadev maurya ,
    Yes. I too feel you are too young to go for such issues . Wait up to 18 years at least. Best wishes

Namaste Samraat,

It appears that the post #8 gives you a brief explanation of your questions and in the larger context, post#6 above provides you with a link to the books that you might be most interested in reading.

You may have the mental and spiritual maturity far beyond your years. So, I would not discourage you from delving into our Hindu philosophy. However, it might be beneficial to start with the simple books listed in the link and if they make sense then progress to the more complex ones. Having elders in the household or a temple priest explain you the things that you don't understand, can speed up your spiritual education.

I understand that you are not able to afford to buy all or any of the books. So, do a search on the internet to see which ones are available online. Krishna.com website is a good start.

Best wishes.

Pranam.

Thread Information