Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there anything wrong with being Christian?

Is there anything wrong with being Christian?

Deleted
    Last edited by UniversalLove; 04 August 2011 at 02:48 AM.

Re: Is there anything wrong with being Christian?

Have a simple question for you - can someone who does not believe in the father, son and the holy ghost go to heaven?

Muslims AND Christians tried to make Mahatma Gandhi one of their own in S. Africa. Yet, he remained a steadfast Hindu until his death. Is your loving (/end{sarcasm}) Christian God roasting him now in eternal hellfire for not accepting Jesus as the saviour?

Sorry to state this - but Islam and Christianity are two sides of the same bigoted coin.

Why dont you convert to Islam? Apparently their prophet was the latest one on earth abrogating your son of God...What say?

wundermonk,

Like I said in my post, I respect everyone's different views of God. Not everyone needs to view God as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. I believe everyone will eventually go to Heaven, as God is eternal love.

No, I most certainly do NOT believe that Mahatma Gandhi is in eternal hell.
    On the contrary, I have great respect for him. He influences me a lot. I have no intention of making him "my own".

I don't believe in eternal hell, by the way. And there are other Christians who don't. It is most commonly known as Christian Universalism.

Adam, I am sorry you have seen things you perhaps shouldn't...or that the box of your birth has become affected due to your exposure with SD on the forum.

But, just as SD says that we all are upon the path...it also is clear that some are at the begining and some are nearing the end. Some are so steeped in Truth that the ones who take nourishment have simply no other condition to be but to become full.

You have a school of kindergarten to seniors...and do the ones come to the seniors and ask why they think kindergarteners are not smart?

Seniors know much much more than these ones new upon the path to learning...and yes seniors are very aware of this condition of being new and are now not...and so yes they make a judgement upon themself and say...yes...we know more now than we did.

So SD is advanced, very very advanced and abrahamic religions are new upon the way...and it is not an insult to say they are new...and it should not be taken as an insult to say that.

Onto the other issue you bring up...why is christianity seen as virus?

Well....just as a confused man will begin to lash out and harm ones around him...or a drowning man...in desperation will grab on to his very own child and pull him under too...this is how christians convert.

Confused beings are very fearful and unsettled, the only way to ease this unsettled feeling is to make others believe as they do. There is power in numbers and christians use this number to feel that their religion is true.

Look at the history of christian beings and their attempts to hide and destroy the Truth? Can you blame the precious Beings here for being weary?

Adam, jesus, if he even exist was not a humble being by his own admission he say "i am the only way." this is not the way a humble being speaks....

and that story is wrong....

no man upon this earth had to die for my sins, i am sinless...born from Beloved...and will return to Beloved...Om namah Shivaya<3

I will give you the warning many others get when they begin to ask these questions.

You are welcome here...Beloved.

But, by staying in this forum so full of the Truth, it may affect your views on things...and may cause you to become unsettled.

You are welcome Beloved, in whatever sundry incarnation...I am at your Feet. Do not be sad<3

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveGod View Post
    I don't believe in eternal hell, by the way.
    Good for you. So, what is your belief about an afterlife? And how does God go about evaluating souls? How have you arrived at these views?

Is your signature accurate? Per here, the first commandment is "You shall have no other Gods before me". Explain what you think this means.

wundermonk,

My idea (my own idea) of the afterlife is that everyone will eventually be with God in eternal peace, no matter who you are or what you believe -- absolutely everyone. I think God most certainly values righteousness in one's character, but I also think God is very kind toward those who aren't righteous. I think what is between God and the righteous is one thing, and between God and the unrighteous is another, but He ultimately loves everyone unconditionally.

I am not too sure about what I think about God's evaluation. I just trust that His knowledge and judgement will be for the best of the individual.

I came to these views simply by what is in my own mind and heart. I heard about this belief, and I agree with it wholeheartedly.

Namaste Adam,

Nayasurya has posted much of what I wanted to say. I'm sorry you have to be on a board that isn't as universal as you'd like. There are ugly things said about Christianity on this board, mostly due to bad personal experiences with insanely narrow-minded and bigoted Christians. As Nayasurya says, it's made a lot of the Hindus here on this board angry, weary, tired.

You're a rare kind of Christian in that you are decent, polite and respecting of other people's faiths. We don't really see alot of that these days, you have to understand. Christian universalism as you understand it probably exists, but I have seen other examples where it is actually prosetylisation in sheep's clothing. What begins as "Your God and my God are the same" eventually insidiously mutates into: "Yes, but really it is my God you are worshipping. We call Him Jehovah." You'll have to try to understand that a lot of people are going to remain highly skeptical about it.

I understand and recognise as well that you truly love God, and so really we are not that different at all. You are following your dharma as it was meant for you in this birth, and I wish you full-heartedly that you achieve the goals you seek, my friend. In this, there is nothing wrong with you're being Christian.

You will have a lot of angry responses, some justified, some not. Please be prepared for them. Perhaps you will be shaken to the core, perhaps it will galvanise your faith. I hope that whatever happens, your love for God at its most essential and purest form will weather it out and sustain you.

Om namah Shivaya
    "Watch your thoughts, they become words.
    Watch your words, they become actions.
    Watch your actions, they become habits.
    Watch your habits, they become your character.
    Watch your character, it becomes your destiny."

ॐ गं गणपतये नमः
    Om Gam Ganapataye namah

लोकाः समस्ताः सुखिनो भवन्तु ।
    Lokaah SamastaaH Sukhino Bhavantu

Quote Originally Posted by wundermonk View Post
    Is your signature accurate? Per here, the first commandment is "You shall have no other Gods before me". Explain what you think this means.
    That's a good question. To me, what my signature says is the Heart of the Law: to love God and love your neighbor as you love yourself. This is my favorite teaching of Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveGod View Post
    My idea (my own idea) of the afterlife is that everyone will eventually be with God in eternal peace, no matter who you are or what you believe -- absolutely everyone.
    Hmm...So, is it fair to say you believe in reincarnation? If not, what exactly do you mean by "eventually"?

Thread Information