Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hypothesis on chakras and karma

Re: Hypothesis on chakras and karma

Quote Originally Posted by Aspirant01 View Post

You know so much! Thank you! Well, it is interesting how the various chakras can be opened, but how much of that knowledge I will put into practice, I do not know...! It will definitely benefit to know further about it. TIA.

You very well stated, Karmas play a key role in all this chakra-door opening. I agree... even if we decide to serve others, we must be 'karmically endowed' with the facility to do that kind of help to others... It is said god is like the index finger, the individual soul is like the thumb, the index finger has to bend down so the thumb can touch it, otherwise the thumb can never reach upto the index finger... BUT efforts of one lifetime will surely payback.

I only wish there is a scientific means to study the chakras, and figure out which of it is in what state so we can do required 'pariharas' and reduce our karmic baggage!
    There is a way. His name is Patanjali.

Anyway, one nice exercise is to locate your 'Nara'. Lay on your back and stick your fingers into your belly button. You should feel your 'second heart' right below it. Now, if it's 'off centre', it means one leg is millimetres shorter and you need to fix that up through Yoga. 'Nara' is the seat of Prana and digestive fire. Feel around your solar plexus. Is it sore to touch? That's because of all your 'emo-baggage' stored there.

I have gallbladder problems...now, think of it...where does the term 'she doesn't have the gall/bile' come from? what about 'she just doesn't have the stomach for it?'.

Anyway, the Manipura Chakra (and indeed, other Chakras) can be 'studied' in this way and in deep states of meditation, you'll know where those 'blockages' are and try to overcome them. (I am having troubles with communication, related to the heart-throat bridge).

Some are still stuck in Swadhisthan, with their eyes firmly glued on a waitresses cleavage/butt and losing veerya often...

The Mooladhara Chakra is always open though...it has to be just to keep us alive.

Enough now. lol

Aum Namah Shivaya

It is said god is like the index finger, the individual soul is like the thumb, the index finger has to bend down so the thumb can touch it, otherwise the thumb can never reach upto the index finger!
    I just had to do this:

http://www.faithology.com/images/ee/...f_man2__60.jpg

Necro!

Great knowledge, great insights! Thank you very much Loved the pic too!
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Necro!

Great knowledge, great insights! Thank you very much Loved the pic too!
    Namaste. Thank you a lot and no problems.

I used to really be into this way back when, being a qualified meditation and yoga instructor in the Kriya Yoga tradition. My methods are pretty ancient though, but seeing as how this knowledge has a 'timeless' quality about it, that shouldn't matter.

Honestly though, I should get back into this side of it myself and not be 'lazy', just sticking to meditation, study and worship only. I haven't had a good Surya Namaskar workout in ages (9 rounds in the morning again, for me).

Aum Suryaye Namah.

Aum Namah Shivaya.

Om Suryaye Namah!
    Om Namah Shivaya!
    Om Namoh Bhagavathe Vasudevayah!

हरिः ओम्

Namaste,

Thank you for your kind words Aspirant.

Growth is a natural state whether we seek it or not; the importance is that it happens in the right direction, and t
    rees that grow to fast often break ...

I do agree with your comment, but wouldn't wish that on anybody.
    I believe that knowledge of this science can be applied to heal, but that it can also be very damaging.
    I am still a student.

praṇāma

mana

ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Last edited by Mana; 16 January 2013 at 08:22 AM.

Another hypothesis I like to share for criticism: for spiritually advanced folks, who have 'realized' the self (meaning, their sahasrara chakras are open), but still have some pending karmas (meaning, one of their lower chakras still has some hindrances), these karmas manifest in the same birth in the form of some chronic ailment or undue punishment, so that they can be rid of the karma, thus enabling them achieve 'moksha'.

EDIT: I believe these saints/sages do very well have the capacity to rid of the ailment they suffer from, but do not want to do that because then the hindrance to the chakra will not be removed and thus they have to be reborn.

Some examples for this hypothesis that come to the mind are Sri Ramakrishna's throat cancer, Swami Vivekananda's asthma and the story of Sage Mandavya. and Badrachalam Ramadas.

I'm sorry, I'm posting my random hypothesis here, but this is just 'some food for thought'. If others can cite similar examples, that can add to something.

Welcome criticisms!
    Last edited by Viraja; 23 January 2013 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Added the line stated under 'EDIT'.

Thread Information