Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you ever cried for ......

Do you ever cried for ......

Namaste,

Sri Ramkrishna says that we cry for many many things in this world. We cry for better job, better future prospects, some may cry for better school, husband cry for wife, wife cry for husband, mother cry for kid and kid cry for mother. Hungry and not hungry both cry for food, more and more food we need. If we get food then we need better, delicious food, nutritious food. Always busy in this world to get some kind of status, so we cry for status. We do so much so much that we need self recognition in the society, so we cry for self recognition, our name plate will be displayed in temple for donation,but we do not cry for GOD. No one cries for GOD.

So last time when you cried for and was it for GOD ?
    Namaskar,

AmIHindu ?

यज्ञानां जपयज्ञोऽस्मि ।

नाम्नोऽस्ति यावती शक्तिः पापनिर्हरणे हरेः । श्र्वपचोऽपि नरः कतुँ क्षमस्तावन्नकिल्विषम् ।।

Re: Do you ever cried for ......

Namaste,

Honestly, the last time I cried out for something it was for inner tranquility. I try to resist asking for things from God and try to replace my cries with thanks. But there are times when I feel troubled and I am unable to pacify my doubts. For this, I need God's strength.

Also, I think many, many people cry out for God, they just don't know that's what they are asking for. They cry out for a sense of purpose, a sense of love or a path to follow. But they don't know who to ask. So they ask the universe at best - or at worst they seek satisfaction from things that aren't God - money, fame, sex. These things only dumb the yearning for a little while. So I think many people cry out for God, but they miss the true connection in the sea of sensuality.

Peace.
    "God will not have his work made manifest by cowards."
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

I'm a big crier and have always been(shhh ) but lately I've been crying for Ganesh. Well, not really for, but every time he is mentioned I feel quite overcome with emotion. I don't like sharing religious experiences so this is hard to explain.

Crying is good for mind and health just like laughing, as long it is natural and genuine. The emotion we create in mind [material or for God] should hardly matter, since they are just emotions. But if we cry out of genuine emotion, it brings relief, and that's good.

However, forced crying for God popular in bhakti circles [just like laughter therapy] is of negative value in my opinion, except may be helping with eyesight and well being of the tear glands. Instead of providing any relief, such practices make persons less genuine and fake.IMHO.
    Why are you unhappy? Because 99.9 per cent Of everything you think, And of everything you do, Is for yourself —And there isn't one

Namaste,

What I am talking about is just crying for GOD. Like many a time, we went out on picnic and we miss our Home. When Husband is on traveling, wife misses him. So that feeling I am talking about. When we are on picnic, we just like to go home without any reason. Wife misses husband, only because she misses. She doesn't misses her as He forgot to pay mortgage ( some exceptions ). For example, we are reading Ramayan, and we like to be alive in those characters, feel to cry when Ram is leaving for exile. In the same way, we are sitting in front of our Temple at home, peaceful and serene, and start crying ( tears comes our of eye).

Quote Originally Posted by Jodhaa View Post
    Namaste,

I need God's strength........

.....So I think many people cry out for God, but they miss the true connection in the sea of sensuality.

Peace.
    People want Him to help you in difficult situation.

People do not cry for GOD but people want sense enjoyment, that's why they cry to GOD to help him. At the same time people are not that educated in Dharma that they should not ask for sense enjoyment but at the same time this samsar - life is also gift of GOD but there is very thin line, which we do not see or realize.
    I don't like sharing religious experiences so this is hard to explain.
    That is okay with me.

Twilightdance

However, forced crying ....... less genui
    I am not talking about forced crying.

I am talking about a crying when even you don't realize when tears come out of your eyes.
    Last edited by AmIHindu; 04 October 2012 at 10:52 AM.
    Namaskar,

AmIHindu ?

यज्ञानां जपयज्ञोऽस्मि ।

नाम्नोऽस्ति यावती शक्तिः पापनिर्हरणे हरेः । श्र्वपचोऽपि नरः कतुँ क्षमस्तावन्नकिल्विषम् ।।

Namaste

This is an interesting subject, regarding what makes you cry or what has made you cry in the past, and most important if you have cried to God or for Deva or Devi. If we tell the truth, this may reveal something which may bring about improvements.

So I honestly thought about it, and I am embarrassed to say I hardly ever cry. Mostly I laugh a lot, or get angry, but not cry. So probably that doesn't speak well of me. But giving it some thought, one thing that can bring me to the edge of tears, or even a tear may wet my eye, is a real good bhajan.

Now I had a good Punjabi friend who would have streams of tears coming down his cheeks at the sight of Ram. For example, if there was a TV series, or someone telling the story of Ramayana, but especially if Ram is shown, then the tears would come. Actually, he would have many over both Indian and Western, and we admired his tears. Even Western boys were moved, and this added to admiration of Rama. Then, we could also feel chocked up, sometimes hard to talk, but we would be too shy to cry.

So in part, crying is something socially built into the psyche, I think. It wasn't really built into me. But...

Thinking back on the few times I did cry over the last few decades, all involved little animals. Even when humans die, and there is a funeral for example, or a very dear friend dies, or a neighbor or relative, I never cry, not sure why. Even when a good friend who never took any initiation or such and was named Bob, who always went to a Devi temple and also loved Ram, when he died of diabetes induced heart attack, I did not cry. In fact I laughed in my room thinking of good times. But there is one spot I have to drive by, sort of in the boonies if you will, where all by himself his car had once broken down and he was all alone sleeping on top of the roof of his car. For some reason, I came own that very road when it was twilight and there he was, I took him home. But every time if I happen to go down that road, at that very spot, I still see his car with him sleeping on top, then he looks up when I call "Bob!".

But I never cry. I just sort of say, Hi Bob.

Anyway, back to little animals, Seeing any animal hurt does upset me. But if a deer gets hit by a car, it upsets me but I don't cry. But the only time I recall actually crying was three examples. Once, a car in front of me hit a chipmunk. I saw the chip run out into the road, my brain knew that car in front of me wasn't going to see the little chipper, and indeed it happened. The chipper did a flip, and suffered for a minute and died. That really disturbed me, and I cried in the car all the way home.

Another time, a mouse died, it was a field mouse who was in front of my house. I laid the mouse to rest in a grave in a nearby park.

Lastly, the one that still haunts me to this day, I have never been able to shake it. In the front yard where I once lived, in the bushes, a Scrub Jay attacked a Mourning Dove. I ran out to try and save the dove, but failed. This effected me for five days straight, including sometimes crying. That was a long time ago, but it still comes sometimes. What is strange about this is, today in the front yard of my house I have a huge following of Scrub Jays and Eurasian Doves and Mourning Doves who all get long great with each other, and they all have no fear of me since I feed the jays peanuts everyday and I feed the others white millet. In fact, if I don't get up and out right away in the morning, the jays start to peck the glass window or hit loudly on the metal gutter with their beak to get me out.

I saw a deer get hit by a car in Lake Tahoe. This did upset me, but not cry. Also one of my heroes was a boy who in the 1970s would got out deep into a forest nearby the suburbs he lived. In the US we have native Americans we call "Indians" but they are natives and nnot from India. This boy oddly was found in the forest by an older American Indian who still was an expert in blending into the forest, and the ways of animals and such. He taught this boy all the secrets. Eventually this boy, along with two others, became forest fanatics and learned everything from this elder but very physically fit American Indian. These boys could tell every animal nearby just by which twig was bent, tracks, and by smell. They could smell water, they could go hide from school for days at a time deep into the forest, no one could find them in the forest even if the Forest Ranger was standing right next to them. They knew how to blend right into the tree or bush, they could hold their breath for long period, they could climb a tree high up in seconds, they had strong muscles and dark tans caked with dirt, but they could clean themselves with certain stones, and live on berries and roots.

They started to become famous, even the Rangers loved them.

One day one of the boys found out some butchers were going into the forest to illegally hunt deer. The Rangers were after the poachers to arrest them, but could not catch them.

This boy went deep into the forest, and became the forest. The poachers who had rifles didn't even know he was just a few feet away. They setup camp, and just as the fire dimmed as they were going to lay down in sleeping bags, the boy who saw some of the deer they killed was so angry he attacked at twilight. The men were shocked at the screaming boy who rushed like an American Indian and fought one after another. One tried to shoot the boy with a rifle but he got hold of it and cracked it over the head of the man. The poachers fled in fear, but they could not track back to their truck which was miles away, they fled and got lost.

The boy then helped the Rangers to the location of the truck, and then took the Rangers into the forest, where by scent and smell, bent twig and branch, he found every poacher who was then arrested by authorities for killing deer. The boy made the news and was a hero.

Now, that can bring tears to some! Even I almost, but those would be tears of joy.

Om Namah Sivaya

I know many humans who feel more sorrow when hurt is bestowed upon animals versus humans. I used to cry alot when I was a kid (falling down while playing and grazing your knee ect). After a certain age I totally stopped crying. I think I used to cry once a year or so. Since the past 2 years, I've started crying alot in my personal time. Incidentally its when I started becoming spiritual. I think I'm starting to open up more, I also sometimes cry just from thinking about Lord Shiva, those of course though - are tears of joy.

हरिः ओम्

Namaste All,

I cry regularly, always for Siva; this helps me to see him more clearly.

praṇāma

mana

ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Aum Namaḥ Śivāya
    8i8

Quote Originally Posted by AmIHindu View Post
    No one cries for GOD.

So last time when you cried for and was it for GOD ?
    Vannakkam: Sometimes I get tears of bhakti in temple, and often I see others with tears of bhakti. At the last kumbhabhishekham here, one of our guest priests was crying ... at the end, when it was over, just a sense of knowing that there are still people who will not allow Sanatana Dharma to dissolve, such is their will. It was beautiful to behold, such sincere bhakti in a priest.

Yet another did full rounds of prostrations, and he was crying too.

But the main times I cry is when Ganesha answers a prayer, especially for the well-being or mental adjustment of someone close to me. Its kind of a 'thank-you' cry.

I cried the first time I touched the ground in Mother Bharat.

So, yes, we cry for God. I think lots of people do.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaskar,
    Ya this happens to me. Once i m sitting in the temple and no one is there. I m just thinking about shiva and don't know from where a tear came from my eyes. Is this is wat u r talking abt?
    Sambasadashivaya Namah

Thread Information