Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I have read the whole of Vedanta

Re: I have read the whole of Vedanta

Namaste

You can really speed all of this reading up (...was the set of "books" for "all of Vedanta" always the same "n" number of volumes? Are yuu sure?) by the third eye.

But first you would need to open that, which itself isn't easy. Or you can try and look through the Murti's eye.

Good luck.

Om Namah Sivaya

Namaste,
    Thank you all for the nice replies. Yes, grames, it seems like an eight year old thread, in fact I must have asked this question already on HDF but wanted to see if the answers have changed.

And devotee, yes, you are correct, it was your comment in a thread that got my attention but then another member as you point out claimed the same, that prompted me to ask the question as I felt if two people are doing it there must be more and what must I do to catch up may be I am missing something...definitely a zillion brain cells?

Anyway, the thread was created in fun spirit thus the canteen section.
    satay

Namaste devotee,

If I recall correctly your previous answer to this question of mine several years ago was something along the lines that it depends on what priority you put on it i.e. If one doesn't put a priority on it then it won't get done as other things in life take over. Which is kind of true in my case. As grames rightly pointed out it has remained a side thing or a hobby type thing to satisfy intellectual curiosity for me but isn't that be the case for all householders (grihastas)? Maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by devotee View Post
    Namaste friends,

Some of you must be wondering : who is the culprit for which such a thread was needed to be created ? The answer is : Yours truly, "devotee". Yes, Renuka too wrote this but as she did in response to that of mine, I won't hold her responsible. So, you can put entire blame on me alone. Though, the actual assertion made was, "I have read almost the whole of VedAnta". It was never a claim that I understood the whole of it which can come only with experiencing the One-ness.

OM
    satay

Namaste Satay,

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    If I recall correctly your previous answer to this question of mine several years ago was something along the lines that it depends on what priority you put on it i.e. If one doesn't put a priority on it then it won't get done as other things in life take over.
    Actually, I was first attracted towards Upanishads and commentaries on Upanishads by Shankaracharya and Swami Gambhirananda etc. way back in 2006-07 after my discussion with an Advaitin. It appeared to me very logical and scientific and therefore, I got hooked to VedAnta study like nothing else. ... and as Amrut has pointed out, it is not as voluminous as it appears initially as many of the Upanishads are very small. Moreover, the same Truth echoes through all Upanishads in one form or the other.

So, you can definitely do it if you give enough priority to it. It is a matter of pride for all Hindus that our ancestors gave so great philosophy of VedAnta to the world that in comparison, philosophy of other religions (Abrahimic) appears simply childish.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Thread Information