Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Atmakaraka dosha and remedies

Re: Atmakaraka dosha and remedies

Dear friend,
    Rahu at 2.30 is considered as has traversed 27.30 in that sign and is given athmakarakathwa status if no planet has more degrees .But then my next question is how rahu is placed in divisional charts, the counting being done by backward motion or forward motion . I am not talking about the usual practice , but am interested in the logic behind that.If the exact degree is taken in to consideration for fixing the position in divisional charts , then why should it be a different parameter in atmakarakathwa .When Rahu is a mathematical point and not an entity like other planets , how can he be treated as a planet and be assigned 18 years . If the dictum --Sanivath Rahu is considered , the period should be 19 years ideally '' kopam seshana purayeth '' not the answer .

Dear saswathy,

I am only just learning this subject now; never the less, if I might offer you the thought that your post has inspired in me, with the hope of sharing with you my perspective and current understanding:

The movement of rahu through a cakra due to the cakras mathematical construct is quite separate from his movement about bhu loka from bhurva loka.
    We might consider the cakra to be an enlargement or magnification of one segment of kāla; a slice of time if you will. As such should we alter any of the initial coordinates that represent space and time. Rahu may move, though this movement is not due to the motion of his ephemeral body; this is due to the "clock work" of the cakras construction.

With all that said; I may learn more in the following months, and my understanding of this matter might change ...

Kind regards.
    8i8

Quote Originally Posted by saswathy View Post
    Dear friend,
    Rahu at 2.30 is considered as has traversed 27.30 in that sign and is given athmakarakathwa status if no planet has more degrees .But then my next question is how rahu is placed in divisional charts, the counting being done by backward motion or forward motion . I am not talking about the usual practice , but am interested in the logic behind that.If the exact degree is taken in to consideration for fixing the position in divisional charts , then why should it be a different parameter in atmakarakathwa .When Rahu is a mathematical point and not an entity like other planets , how can he be treated as a planet and be assigned 18 years . If the dictum --Sanivath Rahu is considered , the period should be 19 years ideally '' kopam seshana purayeth '' not the answer .
    Whether a person travels from Srinagar to Delhi or Chennai to Delhi, when he is in delhi, he is in Delhi!

The savya-apasavya counting is a different matter than the placement of a degree in the vargas and the two must not be confused!

Regardless of the motion of a planetary point or body, direct or retrograde, the designation of vargas (kshetra fine-wards!) are based on the actual degrees of the zodiac. Please think about the Srinagar, Delhi, Chennai analogy and it should become clearer what I am trying to say.

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

A birth-epoch is a seemingly-random TRANSIT-epoch that gains a personal-meaningfulness and becomes a beacon in the current lifetime of the incarnated soul-fragment; the union of a kona (angle) with a trikona (trine)...?

Dear friend ,
    the argument is not exactly convincing with the given example. The time taken , the difference in fare , the travel experience are not the same .Ends and means always count in any matter except the ultimate goal of human life .

Dear friend ,
    the argument is not exactly convincing with the given example. The time taken , the difference in fare , the travel experience are not the same .Ends and means always count in any matter except the ultimate goal of human life .
    You are over-analysing it. The analogy for that would be trying to take a watch apart to understand how it ticks! :-)

Regardless of fare paid, even mode of travel, speed of travel, who you are traveling with, whether you are a professional, or a leader or doctor or a T.C. or newly wed or whoever, Delhi would be Delhi!

The finer vargas are related to specific segments on the zodiac and so, whether a planet moves forward or backward in the zodiac does not change the varga! It is where it is and when a planet is in the zone depicted by the varga, it is in that varga.

Anyways, you should probably pose that question to your teacher(s) since their words would be more acceptable and convincing to you and eliminate the *resistance*...! ;-)

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

A birth-epoch is a seemingly-random TRANSIT-epoch that gains a personal-meaningfulness and becomes a beacon in the current lifetime of the incarnated soul-fragment; the union of a kona (angle) with a trikona (trine)...?

Red Face Re: Atmakaraka dosha and remedies

Dear friend,
    SVR and KVK arise from the duality described by Parashara Muni while discussing Chara Dasha.

hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

the period should be 19 years ideally '' kopam seshana purayeth ''
    We know that within the viṁśottarī daśā (vimśottaraśata¹) system of mahāṛṣi (mahārishi) parāśara, 19 years is reserved for saturn ( śani = the slow moving one ); and rāhu has been assigned 18 years.
    One complete nodal precession period or rāhu = 18.6 years. So with some license we could say that rāhu's daśā period is ~about~ right i.e. aligned with its precession period . But why then would ketu's daśā period be 7 years ? And śani's period around the sun = 29.7 years, yet we use 19 years.

I ask any of our esteemed HDF readers/researchers and jyotisha-s to explain the viṁśottarī daśā system logic of time periods used. What are the ~rules~ or laws that offer the process to come up with these time periods ? (I have not found a reasonable explanation in over 20 years of looking.) I have come up with several notions ( conjecture) yet I have not found any insight that resolves the question firmly.

courtesy of Wikipedia

iti śiva

words
    • vimśottaraśata = vimśa + uttara + śata
        • viṃśa = consisting of 20 parts
        • uttara = followed by
        • śata = 100
    Last edited by yajvan; 01 August 2014 at 07:14 PM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

We know that within the viṁśottarī daśā (vimśottaraśata¹) system of mahāṛṣi (mahārishi) parāśara, 19 years is reserved for saturn ( śani = the slow moving one ); and rāhu has been assigned 18 years.
    One complete nodal precession period or rāhu = 18.6 years. So with some license we could say that rāhu's daśā period is ~about~ right i.e. aligned with its precession period . But why then would ketu's daśā period be 7 years ? And śani's period around the sun = 29.7 years, yet we use 19 years.

I ask any of our esteemed HDF readers/researchers and jyotisha-s to explain the viṁśottarī daśā system logic of time periods used. What are the ~rules~ or laws that offer the process to come up with these time periods ? (I have not found a reasonable explanation in over 20 years of looking.) I have come up with several notions ( conjecture) yet I have not found any insight that resolves the question firmly.

courtesy of Wikipedia

iti śiva

words
    • vimśottaraśata = vimśa + uttara + śata
        • viṃśa = consisting of 20 parts
        • uttara = followed by
        • śata = 100

And, even if someone manages to explain that, then there are the other umpteen dashas with planets ascribed completely different number of years and sequences and so on! Lot easier to figure out the sequence of planetary periods, at least in vimshottary!

Love and Light

Rohiniranjan

namaste and hello,

Quote Originally Posted by Rohiniranjan View Post
    And, even if someone manages to explain that, then there are the other umpteen dashas with planets ascribed completely different number of years and sequences and so on! Lot easier to figure out the sequence of planetary periods, at least in vimshottary!

Love and Light

Rohiniranjan
    What you say is true. Yet it is my humble opinion that once we understand the logic used then we can ~test~ this notion with other systems, a scientific approach. It is my firm understanding that what our wise offer us always stands on firm ground i.e. there is a reason behind the numbers and sequences they communicate to us to use.

pranam
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Dear friends ,
    I don't know whether it has any relevance here or not , but I am giving the finding .In homeopathy , many snake poisons are used for very serious and grave cases . The very poison which takes life out , works as an elexer when triturated and potentised. For serious mental cases ,for heart problems ,for skin diseases , they really work wonders , though many rationalists argue that they have only placebo effect. Now , I came across a case history , where a snake bite was reported to be causing , the swelling , pain and stinging in the same area of the body , same time of the year , for a period of 18 years . It can't be considered a coincidence . Some enigma is there and the fact that there is some connection between Rahu and 18 years is shown.

Thread Information