Thread: A good analogy I was thinking...

1. A good analogy I was thinking...

So during these long days at work I was thinking of a really good analogy about Shakti.

For people I guess who don't understand the whole concept of Shakti... I was thinking of different things in life as an analogy (please PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong. I'm new to this.)

So here you go:

In life, when a male copulates with a female (of any animal, including human) it is generally the femal that gets the male aroused. It is HER energy that has created this process in the male.

OR

Electrical outlets and plugs. Usually the plug is called the "male end" and the outlet the "female end. Well... it's the outlet that contains the electricity/energy. Without the outlet the plug is nothing and the device wont work.

OR

...This one I stole from the movie "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"......... it's when the daughter is upset about one of her father's decisions... and he claims that he is final and the "head of the house". The mother explains to her daughter, that "while the man is the head of the house, the woman is the neck, and and turn the head any way she wants!"

So yeah... I hope that was a good analogy.........

Re: A good analogy I was thinking...

Quote Originally Posted by sadhaka3 View Post
    In life, when a male copulates with a female (of any animal, including human) it is generally the femal that gets the male aroused. It is HER energy that has created this process in the male.
    Namaste sadhaka3,

I like this analogy in particular. In Hinduism, the word "shakti" can refer to two things. One refers to the cosmic forces and energies that moves through the entire universe. The other refers to the feminine aspect of God. But these two things intertwine. Each of the different male aspects of God have consorts, or aspects of Shakti, that accompany them. Lord Rama has Sita, Lord Krishna has Radha, Lord Shiva has Parvati, Kali, and others. It is said that this is where they derive their energy from and they are not complete without them.

Jai Sri Krishna

But it's the male energy that arouses the female...
    There is an equal role. They arouse each other.
    "For a bewildered person in the materialistic way of life, the body, the mind and the senses, which are engaged in sense gratification, are the cause of bondage to repeated birth, death, old age and disease. But for one who is advanced in spiritual knowledge, the same body, senses and mind are the cause of liberation"
    Prabhupada.

Hi...

Compare to this from Bhagavad Gita:

14.3 My womb is the great brahman (i.e. Prakrti). In that I lay the germ [hiraṇyagarbha]. From that, O Arjuna, is the birth of all beings.
    14.4 Whatever forms are produced in any womb, O Arjuna, the Prakrti is their great womb and I am the sowing father.
    14.5 Sattva, Rajas and Tamas are the Gunas that arise from the Prakrti. They bind the immutable self in the body, O Arjuna.
    “There is a Guru in each of us. It is the Atma principle. It is the Eternal Witness functioning as Conscience in everyone. With this Conscience as guide, let all actions be done.” (sss20-15)

Quote Originally Posted by Madhuri View Post
    But it's the male energy that arouses the female...
    There is an equal role. They arouse each other.
    Vannakkam Madhuri: Good point. Males tend to forget that. That old male-centric thing. Ahhh... the dance of the instincts!

Aum Namasivaya

Actually looking deeper we find that energy is one only.
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Electrical outlets and plugs both are just conducting metal, which merely helps electricity to flow. Same with so called male and female energy. There is no such differentiation actually. Bodies are just instruments for some bigger current to flow and roll -- creating ever new names and shapes.

Om Namah Shivaya
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Thread Information